ADSL2+ to Naked ADSL2+

Old, inactive threads
benji8

ADSL2+ to Naked ADSL2+

Post by benji8 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi there

I'm currently on the INCPHONEA ADSL2+ plan and have been on this for the past 3 years. My original contract expired back in early 2008. Anyway i plan on moving from ADSL2+ (With Line Rental) to Naked ADSL2+ and to use VOIP in order to reduce my internet costs.

I have a few questions regarding the process.

1) Will i be charged an activation fee to moved from ADSL2+ to Naked ADSL2+ even though i am already an exetel customer?

2) When i sign up to a naked ADSL2+ plan such as the NF/21NoTel for $40.00, will the VOIP plans be automatically applied to the Naked ADSL2+ plan?

3) Does the Post VoIP 0 have a minimum monthly spend?

4) So as an example if i signed up to the NF/21NoTel for $40.00, didn't go over my peak limit and made 10 landline calls in that month, i would be charged $41.00 correct for that month? I.e. $40.00 + ($0.10 x 10 calls)?

5) Will i automatically get a new DID number when i change plans to a naked plan through the member tools page?

6) How does the billing work? If i sign up to change my plan in the middle of the month, will my existing PSTN phone line still work until the end of the month and then on the 1st of the next month i will be switched over to Naked ADSL?

7) Finally will it be the same call costs for someone to call my VOIP DID number as it will cost for them to call a standard PSTN number???

Sorry for the extensive list but i just need some clarification on the above questions.
Thanks for your help.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: ADSL2+ to Naked ADSL2+

Post by Dazzled » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Why don't you get a VoIP service now, on your present plan? Naked plans don't save a lot of money over bundled plans, and with VoIP you have 2 phone lines, which many families find very handy. If you still want to go naked afterwards, you can.

There is no min monthly spend on a Post 0 DID, though there is a small charge if you fail to use it at all. If you get a Sydney DID, your callers will pay whatever they pay now. Your outward calls are billed together with your internet invoice. ATAs with PSTN pass-through are set up so that you use a standard phone handset, with paid for outward calls going VoIP, and incoming calls either on the DID or on your existing PSTN number. That way you don't have to tell everyone a new number.

benji8

Post by benji8 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Dazzled wrote:Why don't you get a VoIP service now, on your present plan? Naked plans don't save a lot of money over bundled plans, and with VoIP you have 2 phone lines, which many families find very handy. If you still want to go naked afterwards, you can.
Thanks for clarifying some of my questions Dazzled. The reason i'm not on VOIP now is because i rarely make phone calls at all which is why i plan to switch to naked. Thats why the second phone line is not neccessary. I make most of my calls on the mobile but want to have a backnumber number incase.

Thanks

Aaphid

Post by Aaphid » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Actually I'm thinking about changing to Naked as well. And I have a few q's as well. If anyone can point me in the right direction for answers to the following I would appreciate it.

1. I'm currently on an INCPHONE Z plan that is well out of contract and want to go to NF/21NoTel. I believe there will be no activation charge and there will be no new contract period. Is that right?

2. I currently have a Post 0 DID that I would like to keep. I would also like to port my PSTN number to VoIP. Is there any additional charges for having 2 VoIP numbers both on a Post 0 plan that are both active?

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:24 pm

Aaphid wrote:Actually I'm thinking about changing to Naked as well. And I have a few q's as well. If anyone can point me in the right direction for answers to the following I would appreciate it.

1. I'm currently on an INCPHONE Z plan that is well out of contract and want to go to NF/21NoTel. I believe there will be no activation charge and there will be no new contract period. Is that right?
Correct on both counts - your User Facilities where you change to the NoTel plan confirms this (under the ADSL menu option).
2. I currently have a Post 0 DID that I would like to keep. I would also like to port my PSTN number to VoIP. Is there any additional charges for having 2 VoIP numbers both on a Post 0 plan that are both active?
A second VOIP service attached to an ADSL service is classified as a "POST VOIP 5 - Multiple - DID" service. Such services have a minimum charge of $5 per month, however that includes $5 worth of calls - if you don't make $5 worth of VOIP calls on that number in a month you will still pay $5 for that month.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:17 pm

benji8 wrote:1) Will i be charged an activation fee to moved from ADSL2+ to Naked ADSL2+ even though i am already an exetel customer?
With an expired contract, I think Exetel just arrange for the phone component to get removed, leaving you on a plain Naked service. Gidget's post above seems consistent with this.
benji8 wrote:2) When i sign up to a naked ADSL2+ plan such as the NF/21NoTel for $40.00, will the VOIP plans be automatically applied to the Naked ADSL2+ plan?

5) Will i automatically get a new DID number when i change plans to a naked plan through the member tools page?
Can't exactly recall. It might be automatic, or there might be a link in your user facilities saying something like "your service has a VOIP component, click here to activate". If you have a DID already, you can migrate it. Worst case an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au will sort out anything if it doesn't activate / migrate the way you intend for it to.
benji8 wrote:3) Does the Post VoIP 0 have a minimum monthly spend?

4) So as an example if i signed up to the NF/21NoTel for $40.00, didn't go over my peak limit and made 10 landline calls in that month, i would be charged $41.00 correct for that month? I.e. $40.00 + ($0.10 x 10 calls)?
As you can tell, I'm not intimately familiar with VOIP but I think your interpretation is correct
benji8 wrote:6) How does the billing work? If i sign up to change my plan in the middle of the month, will my existing PSTN phone line still work until the end of the month and then on the 1st of the next month i will be switched over to Naked ADSL?
I'm definitely proving that I'm not familiar with the IncPhone to Naked migration process. It might be that the cancellation of the phone line is slated for month end and billing cycles align. The alternative is that it proceeds mid month and the charges are pro-rated for that month. Again, residentialsupport@exetel.com.au is your friend if you want a definitive answer
benji8 wrote:7) Finally will it be the same call costs for someone to call my VOIP DID number as it will cost for them to call a standard PSTN number???
The call cost will be the same for them as a PSTN call to the same area code as the DID.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au