Suggestion Box??

Old, inactive threads
ScottH2155

Suggestion Box??

Post by ScottH2155 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:58 am

If I was advised from provisioning to send something via the suggestion box to get to the "bosses" - what is a reasonable amount of time within which to expect a response?

James
Exetel Staff

Re: Suggestion Box??

Post by James » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:34 pm

ScottH2155 wrote:If I was advised from provisioning to send something via the suggestion box to get to the "bosses" - what is a reasonable amount of time within which to expect a response?
Depends on what you asked.

What did you ask?

ScottH2155

Post by ScottH2155 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:36 pm

I raised an issue with an e-mail I received offering a no-conditions stated offer of faster/cheaper broadband, that then was unable to be delivered.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:46 pm

You will not get a reply.

If your suggestion is deemed sensible/useful then it it'll be added to a development list ad will eventually be implemented.

ScottH2155

Post by ScottH2155 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:55 pm

I was instructed to do so via your staff (Provisioning) to get the "bosses" involved.

How do I have the matter resolved then?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:05 pm

ScottH2155 wrote:I was instructed to do so via your staff (Provisioning) to get the "bosses" involved.

How do I have the matter resolved then?
if it's a suggestion that has merit it will be dealt with.

If it is isn't it will be ignored.

Suggestions aren't dealt with as personal issue resolution process.

ScottH2155

Post by ScottH2155 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:30 pm

So my question stands, if I was asked to do this and it's a wrong process - then your people need to understand that as a learning - but also then how do I have my issue dealt with?

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:01 pm

ScottH2155 wrote: but also then how do I have my issue dealt with?
You could do what a lot do and join whirlpool.net.au and cry about it for a few months there.
Last edited by Old Flame on Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:09 pm

ScottH2155 wrote:So my question stands, if I was asked to do this and it's a wrong process - then your people need to understand that as a learning - but also then how do I have my issue dealt with?
What's the question?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:10 pm

ScottH2155 wrote:I raised an issue with an e-mail I received offering a no-conditions stated offer of faster/cheaper broadband, that then was unable to be delivered.
if it was an offer to go to ADSL2 that went out recently it is still subject to availability/suitable etc, not all customers that get the offer can get the service but there is no way of knowing that until the application gets submitted as it's subject to line condition, exchange suitability etc

ScottH2155

Post by ScottH2155 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:23 pm

jokiin wrote:
ScottH2155 wrote:I raised an issue with an e-mail I received offering a no-conditions stated offer of faster/cheaper broadband, that then was unable to be delivered.
if it was an offer to go to ADSL2 that went out recently it is still subject to availability/suitable etc, not all customers that get the offer can get the service but there is no way of knowing that until the application gets submitted as it's subject to line condition, exchange suitability etc

Yes it was an e-mail along those lines. However the e-mail I received has no such conditions or criteria and was specifically sent to me - ie not a newsletter or forum type post.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:53 pm

ScottH2155 wrote:
jokiin wrote:

Yes it was an e-mail along those lines. However the e-mail I received has no such conditions or criteria and was specifically sent to me - ie not a newsletter or forum type post.
it gets addressed to you specifically because it comes out of a database and picks up your name in the process, it would be sent to any user on an appropriate plan for the particular offer and all would be addressed personally, it isn't a guarantee that the service will be available as offered, unless your suggestion is something along the lines of adding 'subject to availability' to the offers then there's not really anything to add, if you were hoping that you could somehow still get this offer but your connection is not possible to have this service then there's nothing that could be done about it anyway unfortunately

scottb721

Post by scottb721 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:48 pm

No different than 3 (phone company) sending me SMS' about data packs that would save me money.
When I'd ring them up they'd tell me I couldn't have them because I lived in a roaming area.