Unlimited ADSL2 Plans - Update

Old, inactive threads
gong_guy

Re: Unlimited ADSL2 Plans - Update

Post by gong_guy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:49 pm

I like the idea of plans with cheap, very cheap, excess data costs instead.

You need a price signal no matter how small.

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:10 pm

Col wrote: I actually think it would be sad to see totally unlimited ADSL2+ released to the public as they will no doubt eat into profits and capacity that would have otherwise been directed towards the lower end plans that the majority of the market picks.
Couldn't agree more. Retention of the high-end users appears to be an issue significant enough to address however.
gong_guy wrote:I like the idea of plans with cheap, very cheap, excess data costs instead.
Cross your fingers we may see something "more sensible" develop within the coming months, as JL has mused!

Cerberus

Post by Cerberus » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:52 pm

so the new plans are officially available to those who are lucky enough, thanks Exetel (I am one of the lucky ones).

Couple of questions though:

* I was on an old plan in February and you guys sent me an email asking if I want to change to a new plan otherwise the monthly charge for my old plan would rise by $10, I changed to a new plan but now with your new unlimited plan you say that "++ If you have not completed your initial contract period then a $100.00 early termination fee will be applied", so my question is, did I enter another 12 month contract by taking the new plan or can I change plans again to this new unlimited plan without incurring this $100 fee?

* I noticed when I changed to the off peak unlimited plan (Z/23INCTEL) that it said something about an average download (limit?) of 86GBs? Does that still apply to these new fully unlimited plans and what happens if someone goes over 86GBs?

Thanks again Exetel, it makes me happy that I have finally found a decent good value ISP

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:20 am

gong_guy wrote:I like the idea of plans with cheap, very cheap, excess data costs instead.

You need a price signal no matter how small.
50 cents per gbyte is as low a real cost of IP plus back haul can be sold for by Exetel at this point in time.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:22 am

Cerberus wrote:so the new plans are officially available to those who are lucky enough, thanks Exetel (I am one of the lucky ones).

Couple of questions though:

1) I was on an old plan in February and you guys sent me an email asking if I want to change to a new plan otherwise the monthly charge for my old plan would rise by $10, I changed to a new plan but now with your new unlimited plan you say that "++ If you have not completed your initial contract period then a $100.00 early termination fee will be applied", so my question is, did I enter another 12 month contract by taking the new plan or can I change plans again to this new unlimited plan without incurring this $100 fee?

2) I noticed when I changed to the off peak unlimited plan (Z/23INCTEL) that it said something about an average download (limit?) of 86GBs? Does that still apply to these new fully unlimited plans and what happens if someone goes over 86GBs?

Thanks again Exetel, it makes me happy that I have finally found a decent good value ISP
1) Check on the User Facilities for you current contract status.

2) Unlimited = unlimited

sedaai

Post by sedaai » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:06 am

Have the unlimited Naked DSL plans been released also?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:43 am

The new plans have been added to the user facilities 'change service' page but the links have not yet been enabled.

The inc phone and 'naked' plans have been added but the byo phone plans will take a few more days as will the moving from ADSL1 to ADSL2 options.

sparkyboy767

Post by sparkyboy767 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:32 pm

Just out of curiosity, will the naked plans be getting "off-peak unlimited" like the "inc" plans currently do?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:27 pm

sparkyboy767 wrote:Just out of curiosity, will the naked plans be getting "off-peak unlimited" like the "inc" plans currently do?
I don't think any decision has been made on that yet.

sparkyboy767

Post by sparkyboy767 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:36 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: I don't think any decision has been made on that yet.
Seems strange. Why are naked users being treated like second class citizens? If I'd know this would be the case, I would never have chosen a naked plan.

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:49 pm

sparkyboy767 wrote:Why are naked users being treated like second class citizens?
I think it's more the case that naked plans carry a different cost structure to bundled plans, that need to be considered when changing plan features.

sparkyboy767

Post by sparkyboy767 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Why not just price them at a slight premium and give customers the option, instead of freezing them out altogether?

I guess it's still early days, so for now I'll just wait and see. Hopefully they can give us a definitive answer at some point in the near future though...

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:39 pm

sparkyboy767 wrote: instead of freezing them out altogether?.
They haven't frozen anyone out, they're still working on it.

sk280

Post by sk280 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi Exetel, I've been your loyal customer for 3 years now (I've moved home thrice so far) with perfect payment history (Always on direct debit) and have never abused my usage.

I'm currently 7 months into the 12 month contract although my existing account is valid for 19 months (12 months at the last address and 7 months at the current address) - both linked to the same account.

Will I be offered the Unlimited ADSL2 IncPhone plan before the expiry of my current contract?

frankyman

Post by frankyman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:15 pm

Hi, I've been through several years with exetel now, and my contract recently finished on the 10th of March. However, the full unlimited option would not do anything when i pressed apply 4 days ago and now the option has been removed completely. Will i be offered this plan, because if not i wish to know so that i can change to the unlimited off peak plan by the end of the month. thanks!