ForumAdmin

Re: Unlimited ADSL2 Plans - Update

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri May 28, 2010 12:21 pm

nutsandbolts wrote:Service Number:
Request Date: 2010-05-07
Current Plan Type: NF/23NOTEL
Requested Plan Type: Z/23NOTEL

three questions
1. will i keep the 12am to 12pm off peak that i have at the moment ?
2. noticed this plan is unavailable in members area now so will i be put on this plan next month ?
3. if not then do i keep my current plan ?
The Z plans are no longer available.

Exetel is not changing you to any other plan.

adamdmills

Post by adamdmills » Fri May 28, 2010 4:20 pm

I just logged in to check my monthly usage and noticed this beneath the meters:
Uncharged Plan Maximum Off Peak Download 86 gbytes
Also, where it once said "Unlimited" it now says "No charge."

When did this change occur? It was my understanding that no current user was going to have their plans changed - this clearly isn't the case.

Did/do Exetel have any intention of informing their customers of this change via email?

Additionally, what will the status of my plan (FP-C2) be in the future? What happens on June 1 or September 1 or October 9 (my contract end date)? I'd like to know, because if it is Exetel's intention to force me off my current plan, I'll be looking elsewhere since the current ADSL1 plans on offer are not at all competitive.

Col

Post by Col » Fri May 28, 2010 7:10 pm

adamdmills wrote:I just logged in to check my monthly usage and noticed this beneath the meters:
Uncharged Plan Maximum Off Peak Download 86 gbytes
Also, where it once said "Unlimited" it now says "No charge."

When did this change occur? It was my understanding that no current user was going to have their plans changed - this clearly isn't the case.

Did/do Exetel have any intention of informing their customers of this change via email?

Additionally, what will the status of my plan (FP-C2) be in the future? What happens on June 1 or September 1 or October 9 (my contract end date)? I'd like to know, because if it is Exetel's intention to force me off my current plan, I'll be looking elsewhere since the current ADSL1 plans on offer are not at all competitive.
Well in the old Members Facilities I bet it still says your offpeak is unlimited, not no charge. Exetel moved all(?) their no charge customers to no limit not too long ago, and it took them a while to make the (now old) Members Facilities reflect that change. The new MF either needs to be altered the same way or, I agree, Exetel should make a statement. My guess is it's just an error and it will be fixed.

Someone really needs to fix the "Dear Customer..." at the top of the new Members Facilities.

adamdmills

Post by adamdmills » Fri May 28, 2010 7:28 pm

That message at the top of the new MF screen only appeared after I made this post. So yes, now I can see that it's likely a glitch that needs to be corrected. I hope so, anyhow.

I guess recent developments have made me more wary than ever of Exetel's propensity for unannounced changes.

Carry on.