Unlimited ADSL2 Plans - Update

Old, inactive threads
ForumAdmin

Re: Unlimited ADSL2 Plans - Update

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu May 06, 2010 3:06 pm

Affinity wrote:Is the offer meant to be available for those on Naked ADSL2 plans as well? I don't see the option in my Naked account.
The offer is not made to every user.

Some1onearth

Post by Some1onearth » Thu May 06, 2010 7:17 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
Affinity wrote:Is the offer meant to be available for those on Naked ADSL2 plans as well? I don't see the option in my Naked account.
Well that's too bad...I was hoping to finally change plans to that one. But the 90gb deal isn't so bad either, especially now.

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Thu May 06, 2010 7:26 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
Yes I know, but is it being offered to those with Naked DSl2 or only the INC phone plans?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu May 06, 2010 9:56 pm

Affinity wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
Yes I know, but is it being offered to those with Naked DSl2 or only the INC phone plans?
It's available, to those invited, on all types of services.

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Thu May 06, 2010 10:09 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:It's available, to those invited, on all types of services.
Would being on a lower end plan be a reason for not being invited then?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu May 06, 2010 10:25 pm

Affinity wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:It's available, to those invited, on all types of services.
Would being on a lower end plan be a reason for not being invited then?

It's an automated system - I don't know any other details.

jubba

Post by jubba » Fri May 07, 2010 6:22 pm

has anyone on a byo plan seen the unlimited option yet. I definitely won't be signing up just curious though, cos i cant see though i thought i would see the option.

bandario

Post by bandario » Sat May 08, 2010 11:30 am

It seems that we do not have a choice in signing up!
Absolutely unbelievable.

"As you may know you are currently using an ADSL plan that was discontinued a long time ago by Exetel. It is now no longer viable for us to continue to provide this plan to you at the current pricing because it is now below our cost price.

The purpose of this email is to provide you with the required notice under the terms and conditions of your contract with Exetel which you can check here should you wish to do so:

http://www.exetel.com.au/a_terms_conditions.php (Section 12)

that Exetel is withdrawing this plan and that you should either select another Exetel plan that may suit you or move to another provider by midnight on June 30th 2010."

Let me just clarify this for you.
I am currently on a 70gb peak/ 60gb offpeak plan for $60 a month.

They want me to pay 10 dollars and sign a new contract for the sake of switching to 60gb peak/ unlimited off peak for $60 a month? Where is the sense in that? That is MORE data.

If they wave the $10 fee and new contract period I couldn't care less as it will not affect my browsing at all but I cannot possibly sign a 12 month contract right now so it will be bye bye for me in June by the looks :(

Cerberus

Post by Cerberus » Sat May 08, 2010 6:54 pm

bandario wrote:They want me to pay 10 dollars and sign a new contract for the sake of switching to 60gb peak/ unlimited off peak for $60 a month? Where is the sense in that? That is MORE data.

If they wave the $10 fee and new contract period I couldn't care less as it will not affect my browsing at all but I cannot possibly sign a 12 month contract right now so it will be bye bye for me in June by the looks :(
so let me get this straight, are you saying goodbye to exetel or to the internet at your home altogether?

bandario

Post by bandario » Sat May 08, 2010 7:02 pm

More than likely moving to the NT in quite a remote location soon, so it may end up being the latter :)

Had some news today that we will not likely have to be locked into a contract after all so I was worried about nothing...hopefully

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Mon May 10, 2010 12:18 pm

Sorry to cross post but the other thread was closed. You mention that there are a large number of users on plans that are below cost to exetel. No business can survive if they are selling products below their cost and as an exetel user i certainly do not want exetel to go under. Can you tell us which plans you are loosing on and perhaps provide some incentive to those users to move ie free change over, 1 off bonus etc. In many cases people on older plans will be better off or only slightly worse off but at least it is not below cost.

Most customers can understand exetels situation and would be willing to move to newer plans if they know that their plan is below cost. Those that wont can just be asked to leave as they have no interest in keeping exetel going strong.

thanks.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Mon May 10, 2010 12:27 pm

nihonjin wrote:Sorry to cross post but the other thread was closed. You mention that there are a large number of users on plans that are below cost to exetel. No business can survive if they are selling products below their cost and as an exetel user i certainly do not want exetel to go under. Can you tell us which plans you are loosing on and perhaps provide some incentive to those users to move ie free change over, 1 off bonus etc. In many cases people on older plans will be better off or only slightly worse off but at least it is not below cost.

Most customers can understand exetels situation and would be willing to move to newer plans if they know that their plan is below cost. Those that wont can just be asked to leave as they have no interest in keeping exetel going strong.

thanks.
I think if that summary was posted earlier in the peace it may have lead to a bit more understanding of the issue, offering the 30,000 non cost effective users an option to change plans without the current $10 plan change fee may be encouragement enough for some of those to change plans, particularly if they get exposed to the reasons behind the need, not losing 500k a month would fairly soon get reflected in the pricing and plans offered for all I would imagine

ATJ

Post by ATJ » Mon May 10, 2010 3:28 pm

What is happening with Unlimited ADSL1 Plans?

I have received 2 emails saying the off-peak was changing from 12-12 to 2am-8am. The first email said this would happen on 1st June and the second said it was delayed to 1st September. It appears it has been confirmed here that for existing customers of Unlimited ADSL2 there will now be no change at all but it is not clear to me if that also applies to ADSL1 plans.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon May 10, 2010 11:06 pm

ATJ wrote:What is happening with Unlimited ADSL1 Plans?

I have received 2 emails saying the off-peak was changing from 12-12 to 2am-8am. The first email said this would happen on 1st June and the second said it was delayed to 1st September. It appears it has been confirmed here that for existing customers of Unlimited ADSL2 there will now be no change at all but it is not clear to me if that also applies to ADSL1 plans.
It applies to all plans.

nutsandbolts

Post by nutsandbolts » Fri May 28, 2010 12:36 am

Service Number:
Request Date: 2010-05-07
Current Plan Type: NF/23NOTEL
Requested Plan Type: Z/23NOTEL

three questions
1. will i keep the 12am to 12pm off peak that i have at the moment ?
2. noticed this plan is unavailable in members area now so will i be put on this plan next month ?
3. if not then do i keep my current plan ?