Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by netsurfer » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:31 pm

Thumbs up. This is really what I really wanted in the first place :D

I am on Z/20IncTel BTW.

dsc68

Post by dsc68 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:34 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
These changes only affect the latest released ADSL2 plans - some 1,000 customers.
Then why did you send the email notifying the change to the 39,000 other customers who are not affected?
ForumAdmin wrote: All other ADSL2 plans remain the same....ADSL1 plans aren't affected either.
When I receive an email saying "All plans will..." I take it to mean all plans - new and old.

havachat

Post by havachat » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:52 pm

I NEVER GO OVER MY 70/60 GIG A MONTH ANYWAY ON ADSL2 PLAN , AND THERE AINT A COST RISE , SO NO CHARGE FOR EXCESS NOW AND JUST SPEED LIMITED TO 512 , SUITS ME AND OTHERS SHOULDNT COMPLAIN - YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET , IF YOU WANT TRUE UNLIMITED GO ELSEWHERE , AND THIS MAY ALSO KEEP THE BANDWIDTH AT A REASONABLE RATE FOR OTHERS THAT DONT DLOAD 24/7 LIKE SOME , AND KEEP SOME SORT OF AVG SPEED.

ReservedWolf

Post by ReservedWolf » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:04 pm

This is my current plan:

Service Number: ***********
Plan Type: NF/22NOTEL
Monthly Access Charge: $55.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): 30000
Peak Period Option: 2:00pm - 2:00am
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $6.00
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): 60000
OffPeak Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $6.00
Service Line Speed: 18000/900
Service Activation Date: 2008-09-04
Contract Period: 12 Months
Initial Contract End Date: 2009-09-04

does that mean my next month's bill is going to be $50 considering Z/21NOTEL ($10.00 to swap) $50.00/30 gbytes/Unlimited Shaped to 512kbps is the new equivalent plan?

Reason I ask is my plan was forcibly raised to $55 in November or December 2009 after I had increased from the original $45 plan to the $50 plan around the first anniversary; am I now expected to pay $10 for the privelege of having my originally requested alteration (NF/22NoTel @$50 with no charge to upgrade) when it is being offered under basically the same circumstances to new customers?
Last edited by ReservedWolf on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All the world's a stage; know your part or get off the stage, we need the performance space. - by me, inspired by many other misanthropes.

machine

Post by machine » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:04 pm

Looking at the current

ADSL2 Plans - Including Rental Of The Standard PSTN Telephone Line From Exetel

The cost of my plan has also been reduced ..... Line Rental: Included in plan price

Was paying $70.00 including line rental and 30 Gig data download

Now listed as

Z/21IncTel$35.00 30 gbytes then shaped to 512kbps Unlimited = No Limit Line Rental: Included in plan price

machine

Post by machine » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:06 pm

It's a cunning ploy by exetel to put a $10 charge on changing plans ans then keep changing the exetel plans so we have to keep paying $10

Pyotr

Post by Pyotr » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:08 pm

"However we will add a function where "shaped" is the default and any customer can choose to be "unshaped" and pay for excess usage just as they do today."

Can't see on the updated website what the excess usage charge would be (e.g. on the Z/20BYOLine plan)

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:19 pm

People should really stop complaining. Exetel have always and will continue to monitor its plans and try to provide the best value for its customers. Usually when changes come they still allow existing customers to stay on their old plans but can choose to change to the newer plans if they suit better. Only probably twice in 5 years have exetel released plans or forced changes that were negative to what i have been on. In other words if you dont like the way exetel do their business then who are you to tell them how to run it. Change providers and pay more for less but at least you can stay paying more for less for the entire duration you are their customer. I know that with exetel i will always be able to get the best value they can provide. It is up to me to choose which plan suits me and monitor my own internet habits.

Great move Exetel and as always when you release new plans you continue to listen to your userbase and tweak them to meat the needs of almost everyone. We know that we cant always please everyone.

:mrgreen:

TerryP

Post by TerryP » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:30 pm

Thankyou for the generous increase of quota. Exetel just keeps improving!
ForumAdmin wrote: much less costly, way to do "shaping".
I didn't realise that the old system was costly for you and it appears to be still active on our account. Does a request to remove it need to be made or will this change automatically cancel the old shaping on the current Z plans?
Last edited by TerryP on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drnick_

Post by drnick_ » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:41 pm

nihonjin wrote:People should really stop complaining. Exetel have always and will continue to monitor its plans and try to provide the best value for its customers. Usually when changes come they still allow existing customers to stay on their old plans but can choose to change to the newer plans if they suit better. Only probably twice in 5 years have exetel released plans or forced changes that were negative to what i have been on. In other words if you dont like the way exetel do their business then who are you to tell them how to run it. Change providers and pay more for less but at least you can stay paying more for less for the entire duration you are their customer. I know that with exetel i will always be able to get the best value they can provide. It is up to me to choose which plan suits me and monitor my own internet habits.

Great move Exetel and as always when you release new plans you continue to listen to your userbase and tweak them to meat the needs of almost everyone. We know that we cant always please everyone.

:mrgreen:
+1

people need to htfu

:wink:

mrpipstrader

Post by mrpipstrader » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:45 pm

I'm one of the longtime Exetel users who very recently had my very old plan discontinued, and chose to switch to another Exetel plan rather than change ISPs. I was, and always have been, extremely happy to pay for additional download usage because as well as now using VOIP exclusively for my phone contact, I run 4 computers through my Exetel link (plus others used by my family) and trade financial markets at all hours of the day. Shaping is simply not an option for me and is the main reason I didn't switch elsewhere.

You really dropped the ball on this one Exetel - I'm sure most of these likely problems would have been uncovered with your usual process of discussing the idea first. Please make sure the old "pay for excess" option is maintained as an option - even if the price per Gb is increased.

TerryP

Post by TerryP » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:49 pm

mrpipstrader wrote:make sure the old "pay for excess" option is maintained as an option
It has already been confirmed a number of times in this thread so you have nothing to worry about.

ReservedWolf

Post by ReservedWolf » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:52 pm

ReservedWolf wrote:This is my current plan:

Service Number: ***********
Plan Type: NF/22NOTEL
Monthly Access Charge: $55.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): 30000
Peak Period Option: 2:00pm - 2:00am
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $6.00
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): 60000
OffPeak Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $6.00
Service Line Speed: 18000/900
Service Activation Date: 2008-09-04
Contract Period: 12 Months
Initial Contract End Date: 2009-09-04

does that mean my next month's bill is going to be $50 considering Z/21NOTEL ($10.00 to swap) $50.00/30 gbytes/Unlimited Shaped to 512kbps is the new equivalent plan?

Reason I ask is my plan was forcibly raised to $55 in November or December 2009 after I had increased from the original $45 plan to the $50 plan around the first anniversary; am I now expected to pay $10 for the privelege of having my originally requested alteration (NF/22NoTel @$50 with no charge to upgrade) when it is being offered under basically the same circumstances to new customers?
So what, no answers?
All the world's a stage; know your part or get off the stage, we need the performance space. - by me, inspired by many other misanthropes.

chrisphillips73

Post by chrisphillips73 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:05 pm

I would much prefer the $0.5 per extra gigabyte as my plan currently is.