Peak Period Option: 2:00pm - 2:00am
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $6.00
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): 60000
OffPeak Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $6.00
Service Line Speed: 18000/900
Service Activation Date: 2008-09-04
Contract Period: 12 Months
Initial Contract End Date: 2009-09-04

does that mean my next month's bill is going to be $50 considering Z/21NOTEL ($10.00 to swap) $50.00/30 gbytes/Unlimited Shaped to 512kbps is the new equivalent plan?

Reason I ask is my plan was forcibly raised to $55 in November or December 2009 after I had increased from the original $45 plan to the $50 plan around the first anniversary; am I now expected to pay $10 for the privelege of having my originally requested alteration (NF/22NoTel @$50 with no charge to upgrade) when it is being offered under basically the same circumstances to new customers?
So what, no answers?
Yes you are expected to pay $10 change of plan. Yes i agree it its bit strange but at the end of the day your still better off with exetel. (They're still offering you a good deal). New customers have to pay for churn fees etc.

jubba

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by jubba » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:08 pm

chrisphillips73 wrote:I would much prefer the $0.5 per extra gigabyte as my plan currently is.
look at previous posts. USers will be given the option to choose 50c/gb extra charge instead of shaping.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:11 pm

chrisphillips73 wrote:I would much prefer the $0.5 per extra gigabyte as my plan currently is.
That option will be made available to you.

On the user facilities there will be an option to change the default 'shaped option' to a 50 cent per gb over option - once.

So the default will be set at "shaped" and you can go and change it, once, to pay for excess.

So nothing has changed for you other than to be offered more peak downloads for the same price as the original version of the plan.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:14 pm

dsc68 wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
These changes only affect the latest released ADSL2 plans - some 1,000 customers.
Then why did you send the email notifying the change to the 39,000 other customers who are not affected?

When I receive an email saying "All plans will..." I take it to mean all plans - new and old.
It was sent to the people who have 'ticked the box' to be advised of plan changes. If you don't want to receive these advices please 'un-tick the box'.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:21 pm

igor wrote:I need full speed and I'm happy to pay for the excess data. Shaping sucks!

1) BTW, why does this forum dies every 5 minutes?!

2)You offer no phone support

3) and your support forum is dead most of the time!
1) It doesn't for me and I've never seen anyone else experience your problem.

2) Really? Some 800 people a day seem to have no trouble getting through to Exetel support - you must try dialling the number some time.

3) I must be imagining the hundreds of posts I reply to every month.

Murphy09

Post by Murphy09 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:27 pm

Text Deleted.

Pointless, plain wrong nonsense.

Breaks forum rules.
Moved onto greener pastures

MikeW

Post by MikeW » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:31 pm

Do these increases apply to those on "Corporate" offerings ie. personal plans issued under the Exetel Corporate plans?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:46 pm

MikeW wrote:Do these increases apply to those on "Corporate" offerings ie. personal plans issued under the Exetel Corporate plans?
No - only to the current Exetel ADSL2 residential plns

Col

Post by Col » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:47 pm

Very nice plan improvements. Will ADSL1 be getting a facelift too?

Misha v.3

Post by Misha v.3 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:50 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
dsc68 wrote: Then why did you send the email notifying the change to the 39,000 other customers who are not affected?
When I receive an email saying "All plans will..." I take it to mean all plans - new and old.
It was sent to the people who have 'ticked the box' to be advised of plan changes. If you don't want to receive these advices please 'un-tick the box'.
I would prefer to understand from email that this is not related to me.
For example, when I receive email about network maintenance I can understand where these works will be occured. If in NSW -- I just delete email (I'm in QLD).

It's not too hard to replace 'all plans' by 'all current plans' or by 'all Z/2* plans' before sending email to many people.

Now it was required to read few pages in forum to understand that this is not related to me.

jubba

Post by jubba » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:59 pm

i have to agree the announcement was a bit misleading when it said that it applies to "all" plans. But seriously no major issue. You check the forums and now you know whats going on. No harm done imo.

But what i want to know is if exetel will be making any new provisions on the powertel line to cope with the increased load that will result from these changes. Because people like myself already are experiencing congestion and from what has been mentioned on another thread it seems that the exetel need to upgrade the link.

Mick J

Post by Mick J » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:07 pm

These changes only affect the latest released ADSL2 plans - some 1,000 customers.
All other ADSL2 plans remain the same....ADSL1 plans aren't affected either.
HERE IS AN EXTRACT FROM YOUR EMAIL:

" Changes To All ADSL2 Plans

We will be changing some parameters of the ADSL2 plans and the
changes will be back dated to April 1st.

The changes are:

1) All plans will have their peak time download allowance increased.

2) All plans will be changed from having an excess charge if a user
exceeds their peak period allowance to shaping to 512 kbps down"

You clearly state that ALL plans will be affected. Please send us out another email clarifying that older plans eg. NF* plans will NOT be impacted.

I selected my plan specifically because it is NOT shaped. I haven't been on a shaped plan for years and can't understand why anyone who wants ADSL2 speed would accept a download speed of 512K. If I have to accept that I will be going back to my old ISP.

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:13 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: That option will be made available to you.

On the user facilities there will be an option to change the default 'shaped option' to a 50 cent per gb over option - once.

So the default will be set at "shaped" and you can go and change it, once, to pay for excess.

So nothing has changed for you other than to be offered more peak downloads for the same price as the original version of the plan.
One question please ForumAdmin.

What would Exetel prefer

(1) A person stays on a low plan, changes to "50 cent per GB" and then uses an EXTRA 20GB of excess data costing him $10 more

OR

(2) Change to the next more expensive plan.

Is option (1) frowned upon?

craigj

Post by craigj » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:14 pm

I'm on an older Naked plan (NONPHONE Z) and on 3/3/10 I got an email saying my plan was going to increase $5/month, because it wasn't cost effective for Exetel. I think the plan is 12GB peak and extra 54Gb off-peak (2am-12noon). I think I was initially on $45/month, so presumably now $50/month (although Service Details page still says $45).

Looks like new plans are:

$45/month = 10GB (12noon-12midnight) + unlimited and shaped to 512kb/s.
$50/month = 30GB (12noon-12midnight) + unlimited and shaped to 512kb/s.

So new plans look like more for paying same or less, etc.

If I want to change my plan, will it cost me anything? Will it start a new contract?

Thanks.

nozila

Post by nozila » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:58 pm

I just found out about the option of unlimited uploads.

Anywho, my contract has ended for about 2 months now - although Im quite happy with it (Naked Adsl2+ 30/60). I wouldnt mind a change. With unlimited uploads offpeak, at what stage is it shaped? Cause as of now, I just managed to go over my 60gb offpeak each month. But its never shaped and if I go over then is just an extra .50c a gb. Also, Im assuming by signing up to this deal I will be going into another 12 month contract or is it like prepaid where I can choose to move plans as I please (which I am essentially on now)?