ADSL2 Plan Changes

Old, inactive threads
Rex Nebular

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by Rex Nebular » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:04 pm

Changing between most plans doesn't extend your contract.

edit: Maybe it does, ForumAdmin's comment conflicts with website.
Last edited by Rex Nebular on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nozila

Post by nozila » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:10 pm

i understand that. but technically, i dont have a contract no more.

Rex Nebular

Post by Rex Nebular » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:14 pm

I miss the free plan changing. $10 isn't much to change plan but $0 is better :)
Last edited by Rex Nebular on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jammylammy

Post by jammylammy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:16 pm

hi

Im an existing user of exetels old naked internet account. If i do churn to the new 50 dollar naked internet contract, will i still be able to use VOIP with my existing DID? or will i have to pay extra? (i obviously understand that i have to pay for the calls i use, im just wondering if i have to pay to maintain my DID every month)

also other questions that i would like to bring up are whether:

-voip exetel to voip exetel calls still be free?
-will my contract length restart if i transfer to the new contract?
(could not find any answers to these questions when searching the site)

Cheers in advance.

ps is there any way i can waver the $10 plan change fee? hahaha :)

Paul35

Post by Paul35 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:27 pm

your only changing up to another plan it wont do anything to your voip account or DID number
To many dam People worry to bloody much about little things

ReservedWolf

Post by ReservedWolf » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:44 pm

jubba wrote:
ReservedWolf wrote:
ReservedWolf wrote:This is my current plan:

Service Number: ***********
Plan Type: NF/22NOTEL
Monthly Access Charge: $55.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): 30000
Peak Period Option: 2:00pm - 2:00am
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $6.00
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): 60000
OffPeak Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $6.00
Service Line Speed: 18000/900
Service Activation Date: 2008-09-04
Contract Period: 12 Months
Initial Contract End Date: 2009-09-04

does that mean my next month's bill is going to be $50 considering Z/21NOTEL ($10.00 to swap) $50.00/30 gbytes/Unlimited Shaped to 512kbps is the new equivalent plan?

Reason I ask is my plan was forcibly raised to $55 in November or December 2009 after I had increased from the original $45 plan to the $50 plan around the first anniversary; am I now expected to pay $10 for the privelege of having my originally requested alteration (NF/22NoTel @$50 with no charge to upgrade) when it is being offered under basically the same circumstances to new customers?
So what, no answers?
Yes you are expected to pay $10 change of plan. Yes i agree it its bit strange but at the end of the day your still better off with exetel. (They're still offering you a good deal). New customers have to pay for churn fees etc.
Ok, question changes to: Will I be 'forced' onto one of these 'Z' plans sometime in the near future or will Exetel maintain my 'NF' plan at its current price structure and peak/off-peak times indefinitely (with which I would be happy) or until it too becomes financially unviable as it did in October '09(checked back through my emails) leading to my being placed on one of these new plans at no charge to myself?
All the world's a stage; know your part or get off the stage, we need the performance space. - by me, inspired by many other misanthropes.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:58 pm

nozila wrote:i understand that. but technically, i dont have a contract no more.
If you sign up fro any of the new ADSL2 plans you will need to accept a new 12 month contract - that is the basis for the new facilities.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:00 pm

Col wrote:Very nice plan improvements. Will ADSL1 be getting a facelift too?
It's being looked at but Telstra hasn't changed their prices to us for so long I can't remember whether its three years of four years or longer.

We ask once or twice a year but never get an answer.

Having said that we will look at it over the balance of this week.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:03 pm

ReservedWolf wrote: Ok, question changes to: Will I be 'forced' onto one of these 'Z' plans sometime in the near future or will Exetel maintain my 'NF' plan at its current price structure and peak/off-peak times indefinitely (with which I would be happy) or until it too becomes financially unviable as it did in October '09(checked back through my emails) leading to my being placed on one of these new plans at no charge to myself?
I don't know but Exetel always does the best it can for its customers.

We make almost no money providing ADSL services right now and over the past years have seldom made more than a dollar a month per service.

That long term policy leaves us no room to move.

ReservedWolf

Post by ReservedWolf » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:16 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
ReservedWolf wrote: Ok, question changes to: Will I be 'forced' onto one of these 'Z' plans sometime in the near future or will Exetel maintain my 'NF' plan at its current price structure and peak/off-peak times indefinitely (with which I would be happy) or until it too becomes financially unviable as it did in October '09(checked back through my emails) leading to my being placed on one of these new plans at no charge to myself?
I don't know but Exetel always does the best it can for its customers.

We make almost no money providing ADSL services right now and over the past years have seldom made more than a dollar a month per service.

That long term policy leaves us no room to move.
All things being considered I have decided on the Z21/NOTEL, thanks for the quick reply and seeing as I like supporting the smaller operator I guess $10 isn't a lot of money, I remain a happy customer
All the world's a stage; know your part or get off the stage, we need the performance space. - by me, inspired by many other misanthropes.

jubba

Post by jubba » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:17 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
nozila wrote:i understand that. but technically, i dont have a contract no more.
If you sign up fro any of the new ADSL2 plans you will need to accept a new 12 month contract - that is the basis for the new facilities.
I'm on NF plan. But if i go to a Z plan will that mean a new 12 month contract. Because when i was looking at the plan change details it only says
# I agree to new 12 months contact if I apply to change to plan FP-D1 or FP-D2 which doesn't apply to me.

btw @wolf i agree that $10 is a bit of a nuisance. But i think most other ips probably charge more if your changing to a lower cost plan.
Last edited by jubba on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uabv2

Post by uabv2 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:18 pm

I think the way that this was delivered is pretty poor. Out of the blue we get and email saying that these changes have been made and are backdated. What are the reasons for the change? I only changed to ADSL2 on 1 july (after numerous emails trying to convince me to do so) then I cop this.

How about treating us like clients and at least trying to meet our needs or is exetel getting too big to care about its clients.

Peter

Muffinguy

Post by Muffinguy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:37 pm

I cant really see this being too much of an issue, I just changed over to z/23byoline a few days back (not effective till end of the month). But If I understand this correctly, off peak times will never be shaped (becuase they are unlimited) only peak times, so I want to download at full speed I need just shecule my download manager to hit the queue between 12am and 12pm right?

TerryP

Post by TerryP » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:38 pm

uabv2 wrote:then I cop this.
Peter
Peter, the changes are improvements which benefit the customer. How could you possibly be unhappy about that?

TerryP

Post by TerryP » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:43 pm

Muffinguy wrote:peak times, so I want to download at full speed
Or you could choose the excess option and have full speed during peak in return for paying the excess, just as you had before.

There is more flexibility now, not less.