ADSL2 Plan Changes

Old, inactive threads
datax1969

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by datax1969 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:07 pm

(Apologies: Yes, I know I've already whinged here http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=288&t=35737 but these latest changes have only added to my feeling of grief)

OK. First, I'm not such an incredible tight-arse that I really mind the actual $10 to change plans. Second, I probably will stump up the $10 anyway. I like Exetel and I generally like the way they do business. But.....

Its just that I already have changed plans and I did it as recently as the 1st April!
But the joke was on me because I didn't change to these new unlimited plans (because they didn't exist). I changed to the $70 for 30/60 plan.

That very day the 24/unlimited for $65 came out. This would have suited me fine, I generally wouldn't use all of 24Gb anyway.
And now I find out that its been improved to 30/unlimited for $65, but I'm paying $70 for 30/60. Arrghh..

I just can't help feeling that $10 for a femtosecond of computer processing time to change my plan is a bit rich.

Imagine me on the 1st April, feeling all wonderful about how I was finally with Exetel's most up-to-date plans rather than my old clunker.....and then quick as a flash my new plan ceased to exist!

With all the hoo-ha of the freebies having been taken away from the old clunkers I'm sure I'm not the only one in this position, there must have been lots of plan changing going on at this time. So I'm asking for one of two things:

1) Best option - take away the $10 change fee.
2) I'll pay the $10 if you give some sort of guarantee that you won't either i) take away the $10 fee the very next day, or ii) introduce some other, even better, plans the very next day with yet another plan change fee. I'm sure you understand my trepidation here.

Muffinguy

Post by Muffinguy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:08 pm

Im Happy ! Well done Exetel, I'll save at least $20 per month in excess charges.
Cheers.

TerryP

Post by TerryP » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:18 pm

datax1969 wrote:(Apologies: Yes, I know I've already whinged here http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=288&t=35737 but these latest changes have only added to my feeling of grief)

Imagine me on the 1st April, feeling all wonderful about how I was finally with Exetel's most up-to-date plans rather than my old clunker.....and then quick as a flash my new plan ceased to exist!
I don't understand why you didn't change your choice to the newer plan that you say you prefer rather than sticking to the superseded plan. It would have saved you your grief. The current plans were already out before the 31st March.

Mort

Post by Mort » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:19 pm

After having a small heartattack thinking you were changing my plan *YET AGAIN*, I undersand this change only applies to the newer 'Z' plans and not to existing (e.g. NF) ADSL2 plans. Is this correct?

It might be a really good idea to read future comms that are sent out from the customers perspective if that is the case. My understanding of "All plans..." would mean this applies to *ALL* plans when in fact it doesn't appear to after all. Perhaps the messages should be more specific saying something more like "All Z plans..."

My whole reason for joining Exetel was for the fact you had and excess usage charge rather than shaping. I run servers at home and shaping would completely ruin that experience for me. I've only just been forced to change plans with the recent changes, and if I am being forced to change plans again the dissapointment could result in me typing all future messages with caps-lock on! :(
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

noki388

Post by noki388 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:24 pm

Rex Nebular wrote:Changing between most plans doesn't extend your contract.

edit: Maybe it does, ForumAdmin's comment conflicts with website.

Can ForumAdmin clarify this. On my service change menu, only the unlimited plan state it requires a new 12 month contract. I understood changing between plans was only $10 with no new contract.

Many thanks

nozila

Post by nozila » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:01 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
nozila wrote:i understand that. but technically, i dont have a contract no more.
If you sign up fro any of the new ADSL2 plans you will need to accept a new 12 month contract - that is the basis for the new facilities.
OK. Thanks for clearing that up because a post by Dazzler in a thread I created earlier this year said this....

"1. The user facility shows a range of plans you can change to now, without any contract extension or establishment or activation fees. Some may be cheaper. You don't have to make any change if you don't wish to, as your old plan will continue on a month to month basis after the contract period ends in March."

datax1969

Post by datax1969 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:39 am

TerryP wrote:
datax1969 wrote:Imagine me on the 1st April, feeling all wonderful about how I was finally with Exetel's most up-to-date plans rather than my old clunker.....and then quick as a flash my new plan ceased to exist!
I don't understand why you didn't change your choice to the newer plan that you say you prefer rather than sticking to the superseded plan. It would have saved you your grief. The current plans were already out before the 31st March.
Well, I don't come to the Exetel site every day to check out the latest plans. I used to do that in the dark days with AAPT who would rather have died than inform an existing customer that they now offer much better plans. Exetel are different because they send out emails to keep the customer informed that they can get a better deal. I don't remember any emails actually offering unlimited plans, although there was some talk that they were "looking into it" I don't think they had finalised actual prices and limits.

Anyway, as far as I can tell, the unlimited plans replaced all other existing choices. So if they did exist, that means that the plan I changed to didn't exist. I don't think I would have been able to change to a non-existent plan.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:20 am

With the new shaped plan, will there be a policy regarding how much people can download once they have been shaped?
and if you exceed the peak allowance, will the shaping be in place during the off-peak period as well as the peak period?

I remember with previous shaping policy, users were able to 'leech' many more GB which caused problems for Exetel.

As we have been moved to this new plan mid month I have not seen any Terms and Conditions that cover this.

As far as I am concerned, on the Z/20INCTEL plan, I have had my limit raised from 5 to 10 Gb and I can't see myself going over, but I know that there are dowloaders out there who always try and get as much as they can every month.

Lawrie.

qazxsw

Post by qazxsw » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:03 am

I have just applied a plan change this month after I was asked to change plan or stay to accept a $5 increase on my old plan - I am thinking to withdraw my pending request and change to a lower plan if excess charge can be made.

From where I can choose the option to use excess charge - will the option be available after change?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:47 am

Lawrie wrote:With the new shaped plan, will there be a policy regarding how much people can download once they have been shaped?
and if you exceed the peak allowance, will the shaping be in place during the off-peak period as well as the peak period?

I remember with previous shaping policy, users were able to 'leech' many more GB which caused problems for Exetel.

As we have been moved to this new plan mid month I have not seen any Terms and Conditions that cover this.

As far as I am concerned, on the Z/20INCTEL plan, I have had my limit raised from 5 to 10 Gb and I can't see myself going over, but I know that there are dowloaders out there who always try and get as much as they can every month.

Lawrie.
I think that a 'fair usage' policy covers the issue.

If you think it doesn't then I will get a specific clause added that restricts shaeped downloads to 50% of the peak allowance before the service is suspended for the balance of the month with the option that the customer can upgrade to the next plan up.

No-one wants to do business with spivs.

Q005

Post by Q005 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:54 am

I believe it would be great if ppl could choose whether they get shaped or not.
A lot of my customers are perfectly happy paying for excessive usage at such wonderfully nominal rates.
Great work exetel, keep it up!

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:57 am

Q005 wrote:I believe it would be great if ppl could choose whether they get shaped or not.
A lot of my customers are perfectly happy paying for excessive usage at such wonderfully nominal rates.
Great work exetel, keep it up!
That will be included in the user facilities option.

Only one change will be allowed.

In other words a customer can select to use the plan which will be set as "shaped" and he/she can change to "pay excess at 50 cents per gb".

Once selected it can't be 'unselected'.

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:21 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:Once selected it can't be 'unselected'.
Yikes. I can see why, your engineers can set and forget once per customer and be done with it minimum of fuss, without repeat.

Is there a chance it be a tad more leniant such as one change per month? Active from the 1st day of the next calander month for one month minimum until a request is made to change again which will activate on the 1st day of the following month for a minimum of one month? Or something along those lines e.g. minimum 3/6/12 months?

srnm

Post by srnm » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:25 pm

Can someone clarify how the retroactive to April 1 change works?

I've just changed my plan to one of the new Z/ plans -- but it appears that it will not be active until 1May.

Thanks!

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:26 pm

Ravenous wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:Once selected it can't be 'unselected'.
Yikes. I can see why, your engineers can set and forget once per customer and be done with it minimum of fuss, without repeat.

Is there a chance it be a tad more leniant such as one change per month? Active from the 1st day of the next calander month for one month minimum until a request is made to change again which will activate on the 1st day of the following month for a minimum of one month? Or something along those lines e.g. minimum 3/6/12 months?
It is a real pita to offer that sort of flexibility (not to mention disputatious customer problems).

So, no, the plans are "shaped" with the option for any user to "unshape" them - once.

That satisfies most users requirements.