ADSL2 Plan Changes

Old, inactive threads
nihonjin

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by nihonjin » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:34 pm

Thank you forumadmin for taking the time to answer my question.

I assumed it must be as this has been the only reason in the past when you have required such a long term contract. I may still change plans but to be honest I am on a good plan now and whilst i would be saving money to change i am happy to pay more per month to keep out of contract. My only reason is not so i can leave exetel at any time but more so with the changes in broadband happening over the next 12 months i would hate to be locked into a contract that would prevent me from changing over to some new incarnation of broadband that exetel may offer 6 to 12 months down the track.

lkml2000

Post by lkml2000 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:55 pm

I am in Z/20INCTEL, the "Excess Downloads per Gbyte:" is N/A, I think it should be 0.5. Not sure if it is just me or not. If here is a bug in the system, it should be fixed ASAP otherwise people would complain again.

cheers :-)

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:28 am

MikeTurner wrote:Was just about to upgrade to one of the New ADSL2 plans, and the final prompt is incorrect.
Column error has been corrected.

David R

Post by David R » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:36 am

- when (some) customers reach/repeat 100g- you will stop their protocols?
ForumAdmin wrote:We eventually found an easier, and much less costly, way to do "shaping".
'reasonable network mgt'
*Vista Ultimate* Billion,7402GL &TP-Link,D-W8920G <Atten(dB)42 @1.9 km>; HTC Kaiser II, WM6; Pre-paid RP2000 (Optus)
200GB@3.1Mbps,$60pm Zone 1+ 2X H-Line Budget; WP Saver VoIP._ 220.233.165.22x; $3,450 revenue: 5 years club.

craigj

Post by craigj » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:51 am

On my current plan (NONPHONE Z), with no VoIP bonus add-on packs. If I want to change to Z/10NOTEL or Z/21NOTEL, I won't lose my VoIP, SMS or Fax availability will I?

Also, if I change to Z/10NOTEL, am I able to later upgrade to Z/21NOTEL, without charge or affect on contract period?

Thanks.

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:48 pm

When will the option to change from the default shaping option to 50 cents per GB be available to us in the User facilities ?

Thanks

Steerpike

Post by Steerpike » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:16 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
Steerpike wrote:
Can't find the answer on page 2. I am confused.

1) Will there be a choice to pay extra money (for exceeding peak allocation) or shaping to 512k? How much will the charges be?

2) I've just logged in to my members facility. I don't see any changes to the offpeak (supposedly unlimited). My plan is still 30Gb Peak and 60Gb Offpeak. Not sure why.

Please advise, thanks!
1) 50 cents per gb downloaded if not shaped.

2) Only applies to the new plans.
Hi ForumAdmin

I got an email reply from Exetel:
excess data without shaping? If there is a choice for paying for
excess data during peak hours, what are the costs?

Unfortunately, if you change over to one of the new plans, the speed will get shaped to 512kbps. There is no option to pay for excess usage.

Regards,

Venurukshi Perera
Exetel Sales
Exetel Pty Ltd

I have also been advised that it will cost $10 to change subscription plans.

Any thoughts?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:42 am

Steerpike wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
Steerpike wrote:
Can't find the answer on page 2. I am confused.

1) Will there be a choice to pay extra money (for exceeding peak allocation) or shaping to 512k? How much will the charges be?

2) I've just logged in to my members facility. I don't see any changes to the offpeak (supposedly unlimited). My plan is still 30Gb Peak and 60Gb Offpeak. Not sure why.

Please advise, thanks!
1) 50 cents per gb downloaded if not shaped.

2) Only applies to the new plans.
Hi ForumAdmin

I got an email reply from Exetel:
excess data without shaping? If there is a choice for paying for
excess data during peak hours, what are the costs?

Unfortunately, if you change over to one of the new plans, the speed will get shaped to 512kbps. There is no option to pay for excess usage.

Regards,

Venurukshi Perera
Exetel Sales
Exetel Pty Ltd

I have also been advised that it will cost $10 to change subscription plans.

Any thoughts?
1) The function to change from 'shaped' to 'pay per gb at 50 cents' will be on the User Facilities by the week end.

2) It can only be done once.

3) I have advised the help desk of the situation

4) it only applies to the new plans

Steerpike

Post by Steerpike » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:03 am

ForumAdmin wrote:We will be changing some parameters of the CURRENT ADSL2 plans and the changes will be back dated to April 1st.

These changes do NOT apply to non-current ADSL2 plans.

The changes are:

1) All plans will have their peak time download allowance increased.

2) All plans will be changed from having an excess charge if a user exceeds their peak period allowance to shaping to 512 kbps down - the shaping period will be 50% of the plan's peak period after which the service will be suspended for the balance of the month unless the customer elects to move to the next plan up.

3) The unlimited off peak period remains as it is.

The changes will be reflected on the web pages and user facilities by COB today and apply from 1st April 2010 in terms of download allowances - and from 1st May in terms of shaping options..
Thanks for your reply in your earlier post. I just want to check:

SP: I am not seeing any changes in my user login facility for the peak download allowance.

2) All plans will be changed from having an excess charge if a user exceeds their peak period allowance to shaping to 512 kbps down - the shaping period will be 50% of the plan's peak period after which the service will be suspended for the balance of the month unless the customer elects to move to the next plan up.
SP: Will use the change from 'shaped' to 'pay per gb at 50 cents' at the User Facilities by the week end. Thanks

SP: I don't see any changes to my offpeak usage at the user facility. Its still at 60Gb for offpeak.,

4) The changes will be reflected on the web pages and user facilities by COB today and apply from 1st April 2010 in terms of download allowances - and from 1st May in terms of shaping options..
SP: When you mention about backdating to 1 April, does it mean we'll get a portion of our money back due to the change in plans? I'm somewhat confused.

Please advise, thanks!

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:13 am

I can't be any clearer that I have tried to be.

Steerpike

Post by Steerpike » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:18 am

ForumAdmin wrote:I can't be any clearer that I have tried to be.
No worries then. Thank you.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:32 am

Steerpike wrote:SP: I am not seeing any changes in my user login facility for the peak download allowance.
SP: I don't see any changes to my offpeak usage at the user facility. Its still at 60Gb for offpeak.
Perhaps best to just wait until May then.
Steerpike wrote:SP: When you mention about backdating to 1 April, does it mean we'll get a portion of our money back due to the change in plans? I'm somewhat confused.
"Backdating" means that a change is put in place on a certain date (in this case, late April) but the effect of it was as if it was put in place at an earlier date. So, imagine that the change was made 1 April and you have just found out about it today.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

sable

Post by sable » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:40 am

SP: I am not seeing any changes in my user login facility for the peak download allowance.
SP: I don't see any changes to my offpeak usage at the user facility. Its still at 60Gb for offpeak.,
SP You are not on one of the current Z/ plans therefore you do not see any changes and the comments do not apply to you at present, you need to change to one of the current plans to take advantage of the new pricing, download limits, shaping etc.

Go to Manage Services ADSL in your members facility and make a selection.

Steerpike

Post by Steerpike » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:57 am

Thanks all for your replies.

I did a check and my plan is NF/22BYOLINE. Its currently on a 30Gb peak and 60Gb offpeak.

So does it mean my plan won't qualify for the 1 April backdate unless I change to the new plans (unlimited offpeak) manually? I'll have to pay $10 for the change if that is the case. Not sure what to do.

Thanks again.

sable

Post by sable » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:16 pm

Steerpike wrote:Thanks all for your replies.

I did a check and my plan is NF/22BYOLINE. Its currently on a 30Gb peak and 60Gb offpeak.

So does it mean my plan won't qualify for the 1 April backdate unless I change to the new plans (unlimited offpeak) manually? I'll have to pay $10 for the change if that is the case. Not sure what to do.

Thanks again.
Not sure what the price of that plan is but the current 30Gb plan is $35 per month, if you are paying more then you should seriously consider changing.