ADSL2 Plan Changes

Old, inactive threads
Lonx

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by Lonx » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:21 pm

I understand this may not be answered, but my only concern was having lower QOS / data prioritisation on the Exetel network by switching to one of the new plans. I'm currently on the older NF/23 plan (70+60) but happy to switch to Z23 if I know it won't affect gaming / ping times. I don't mind the $10 change fee or extra $5/month to be paid, just checking how else it might affect me.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:38 pm

Lonx wrote:I understand this may not be answered, but my only concern was having lower QOS / data prioritisation on the Exetel network by switching to one of the new plans. I'm currently on the older NF/23 plan (70+60) but happy to switch to Z23 if I know it won't affect gaming / ping times. I don't mind the $10 change fee or extra $5/month to be paid, just checking how else it might affect me.
There could be no difference - your network 'paths' do not change/are not varied by plan.

Starting 'soon' the whole Australian network is being upgraded with additional IP and user transit being added in every State and Territory due to new, much lower, pricing from two of Exetel's major providers - all of those buying advantages are being passed on to current users in terms of increased downoads, the new "shaping" option and some lower prices.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:40 pm

srnm wrote:Can someone clarify how the retroactive to April 1 change works?

I've just changed my plan to one of the new Z/ plans -- but it appears that it will not be active until 1May.

Thanks!
The download allowances apply from 1/4/10.

The shaping/pay for excess will not be available until May 1st.

Lonx

Post by Lonx » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:41 pm

Cheers for the reply mate, I thought this may be the case but gaming performance > download amounts for me :) *runs off to member services to spend more monies*

qazxsw

Post by qazxsw » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:43 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
It is a real pita to offer that sort of flexibility (not to mention disputatious customer problems).

So, no, the plans are "shaped" with the option for any user to "unshape" them - once.

That satisfies most users requirements.
Why were we able to do so a while back but not now?
Have this decision been confirmed?
How do you know it satisfies most users requirements?

dtn22

Post by dtn22 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:19 pm

I just got an email from Exetel staff saying i can not keep my 2am-2pm off peak if i change my plan. It will be default to 12am-12pm.

himagain

Post by himagain » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:42 pm

Greetings all,
What would be nice is to keep my option to pay 50 cents a Gigabyte on my little account if I go over the limit.
I don't even do that now - but it was nice to have as a backup.
BTW: My actual account details have not changed as of 5 mins ago, either.

Just got an Electricity bill that has REALLY made my eyes water! It was going to be soooo cheap when privatised, remember?

What a drop in the bucket my little EXetel account is to them!

Cheers!

maniacal

Post by maniacal » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:51 pm

hey guys

just a few questions

I am currently on the NF/23BYOLINE (70peak/60off peak) with $6 excess per gig.

What i would like to know is if i change to the new 90gig Z-plan will i still be ok downloading the usual 55-65gig off-peak i am currently doing, or is this considered 'excessive' according to the fair use policy??? i dont find the fair use policy clear on the unlimited portion and do not want to be considered an excessive user hence why i am happy to pay the $6 per gig over the 60gig off-peak. If this is excessive i will continue to stay on my current plan and pay $6 excess per gig which i am very happy to do so.

Thank you for any help in advance

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:25 pm

dtn22 wrote:I just got an email from Exetel staff saying i can not keep my 2am-2pm off peak if i change my plan. It will be default to 12am-12pm.
Weird. I didn't ask when I changed plans and it stayed 2to2.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:43 pm

maniacal wrote:hey guys

just a few questions

I am currently on the NF/23BYOLINE (70peak/60off peak) with $6 excess per gig.

What i would like to know is if i change to the new 90gig Z-plan will i still be ok downloading the usual 55-65gig off-peak i am currently doing, or is this considered 'excessive' according to the fair use policy??? i dont find the fair use policy clear on the unlimited portion and do not want to be considered an excessive user hence why i am happy to pay the $6 per gig over the 60gig off-peak. If this is excessive i will continue to stay on my current plan and pay $6 excess per gig which i am very happy to do so.

Thank you for any help in advance
The only terms and conditions that apply to Z plans are stated in the contract.

If you were on an older "no Charge" off peak plan then the current 'fair usage' limit is 86 gb as stated on your user facilities.

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:54 pm

Forumadmin, What would Exetel prefer, a Customer regularly uses 10-10 GB excess data at 50cents a gig or moves up to the next higher plan?

Thanks

ammartq

Post by ammartq » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi,

I applied for Z/22NOTEL yesterday. The plan will be activated on 1st of next month.
Can I get it changed it to Z/21NOTEL without paying additional charges (since the new plan has not come into effect)

Regards.

Aaphid

Post by Aaphid » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:03 am

dsc68 wrote: I do wish you guys would stop and think about the emails you send out to everyone announcing plan changes. The email sent to me says:
1) All plans will have their peak time download allowance increased.

2) All plans will be changed from having an excess charge if a user exceeds their peak period allowance to shaping to 512 kbps down

Which implies that my plan is being changed but, if I understand from the above correctly, the change only applies to the Z-Plans and not my plan - something I only found out by reading 4 pages of comments. It would save a lot of angst and confusion (and many pages of comments) if you could be clearer in your messages.

+1
I spent the last 20 mins only to find it doesn't apply to old plans .....

dtn22

Post by dtn22 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:59 am

This change does not seem to benefit me at all as I am on the old INC2SLA plan, 8G peak and 60G offpeak with additional 2 Gb extra of free allowance if i do go over my 8Gb usage. So if i go over 10G then an excess charge of $6/Gb thereafter.So im getting 10Gb anyway. This way i dont have any shaping at all nor i dont have to pay $10 to change my plan and get shape to 512K, also i wont be able to keep my 2am-2pm off peak if i change. Some thing for all those users on the same plan to think about.
Last edited by dtn22 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

terrox

Post by terrox » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:32 am

Yeah it is annoying to lose the 2am-2pm period.