ADSL2 Plan Changes

Old, inactive threads
ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri May 07, 2010 3:05 pm

Lawrie wrote:s

Can someone give me some advice on how I can sell the OTD plan to them instead. What are the pros & cons?

Lawrie
Start here:

"Important Things You Need to Know:

Usage Quota and Speed Shaping:

Uploads on some plans are counted towards monthly usage quota."


and proceed to the rest of the "fine print"

GalantDave
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: qeensland

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by GalantDave » Fri May 07, 2010 3:08 pm

I agree exetel need to raise there shaping speed to 1mbps, and also shape all unlimited users to this speed.

This would look better.

TPG $50 gets you 70 GB + 60GB offpeak shaped to 1Mbps/1Mbps
Exetel $50 gets you 90GB then shaped to 1Mbps

Many people will be put off by onpeak and off peak thinking there has to be some catch.

Ravenous
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:44 pm
Location: Brisbane, Qld

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by Ravenous » Fri May 07, 2010 3:22 pm

I do not think that the new plans are intended to compete with TPG or attract the 'unlimited' minded customer.

They look like they are intended to be cheaper than and provide a more forgiving shaping speed when compared to other non-offpeak plans in the industry.

I could be wrong.

kiwigene
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:35 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by kiwigene » Fri May 07, 2010 3:35 pm

Are these "new" OT plans available to existing customers? Or perhaps the better question, when will these be available to existing customers?

Currently on NF/20INCTEL which is $50 with no included downloads ($1/Gb peak & $0.5/Gb offpeak).

If I'm not mistaken OTA plan is $50 and includes 10 Gb. This looks good for me! (I usually download less than 4 Gb per month).

greesha
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:17 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by greesha » Fri May 07, 2010 6:03 pm

i am in complete agreement with scraping the unlimted off peak. Offpeak has become part of the industry and people kind of expect to see it. You can compensate by making your peak more much more attractive than your competitors. I think the 10 needs to become 15 the 30 need to be 40, the 60GB needs to become 75 and the 90 needs to become 100GB. That would be a very compelling product. Another issue is the line rental of $30 is too expensive to not have some included calls. It's Johns business to run tho.

jubba
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:21 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by jubba » Fri May 07, 2010 7:49 pm

kiwigene wrote:Are these "new" OT plans available to existing customers? Or perhaps the better question, when will these be available to existing customers?

Currently on NF/20INCTEL which is $50 with no included downloads ($1/Gb peak & $0.5/Gb offpeak).

If I'm not mistaken OTA plan is $50 and includes 10 Gb. This looks good for me! (I usually download less than 4 Gb per month).
if its not on your plan change form probably not. But you can always ask exetel support if its possible to change to this plan some how?

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri May 07, 2010 8:13 pm

jubba wrote:
kiwigene wrote:Are these "new" OT plans available to existing customers? Or perhaps the better question, when will these be available to existing customers?

Currently on NF/20INCTEL which is $50 with no included downloads ($1/Gb peak & $0.5/Gb offpeak).

If I'm not mistaken OTA plan is $50 and includes 10 Gb. This looks good for me! (I usually download less than 4 Gb per month).
if its not on your plan change form probably not. But you can always ask exetel support if its possible to change to this plan some how?
You actually can't do that.

The plans will be available for current Exetel users in a few weeks time but we doubt they will of any interest to many current customers.

oldman
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:50 am
Location: Strathpine, QLD

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by oldman » Fri May 07, 2010 8:53 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
jubba wrote:
kiwigene wrote:Are these "new" OT plans available to existing customers? Or perhaps the better question, when will these be available to existing customers?

Currently on NF/20INCTEL which is $50 with no included downloads ($1/Gb peak & $0.5/Gb offpeak).

If I'm not mistaken OTA plan is $50 and includes 10 Gb. This looks good for me! (I usually download less than 4 Gb per month).
if its not on your plan change form probably not. But you can always ask exetel support if its possible to change to this plan some how?
You actually can't do that.

The plans will be available for current Exetel users in a few weeks time.
At that time, though, will the current Z plans be withdrawn for existing users to change to?

nihonjin
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by nihonjin » Fri May 07, 2010 9:08 pm

I personally dont like these new plans at all. I hope that i can stay on my current plan Z/21BYOLINE as the current new plan is $5 more and has no offpeak. I hope that some offpeak comes back or peak is increased by alot to compensate. I thought that the new wholesale deals were supposed to make download costs down such that exetel could cope with the introduction of unlimited. However it seems that as quick as the unlimited plans have come they have now been removed. Has something gone wrong? This kind of massive changes seems a little out of character. As always i will continue to ride the storm and im sure things will settle down to a more normal level soon.

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri May 07, 2010 9:51 pm

nihonjin wrote:I personally dont like these new plans at all. I hope that i can stay on my current plan Z/21BYOLINE as the current new plan is $5 more and has no offpeak. I hope that some offpeak comes back or peak is increased by alot to compensate. I thought that the new wholesale deals were supposed to make download costs down such that exetel could cope with the introduction of unlimited. However it seems that as quick as the unlimited plans have come they have now been removed. Has something gone wrong? This kind of massive changes seems a little out of character. As always i will continue to ride the storm and im sure things will settle down to a more normal level soon.
Nothing has changed/gone wrong except that we added almost 2 gbps to the IP network over the past two weeks.

The 'new plans' will not (weren't intended to) appeal to Exetel's current long term customers and aren't being offered to those current customers....though that may become an option in the future. They were aimed at a completely different market demographic and only time will tell whether or not that's going to be successful.

The current user facility options for current customers will remain as they currently are - personally - I can't see any reason to change those options as they were what 'attracted' our current customers to selecting Exetel. It's probably well past time to aim at adding a different market place demographic and that's what is intended. Exetel 'pioneered' the long "off peak" period with large downloads as long ago as March 2004. It is past time for a change; nothing lasts forever and we need to try new things in these very difficult times.

It's far too early to make any pronouncements but the 'take up' rate of these 'new direction' plans is encouraging over the first 24 hours.

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri May 07, 2010 9:53 pm

oldman wrote: At that time, though, will the current Z plans be withdrawn for existing users to change to?
No plans to do that - the new plans are aimed at a different market demographic.

tjioer
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:25 am
Location: Rockdale

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by tjioer » Sat May 08, 2010 10:50 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
tjioer wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote: There will be no change to any current customer's plans off peak period in the foreseeable future.
Didn't John Linton send an email advising we have until 1 September before the Off Peak changes to 2-8am?
Times change.

Exetel is no longer intending to change the off peak times for any plans that have an off peak period.

Drnick
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 11:38 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by Drnick » Sat May 08, 2010 6:29 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
oldman wrote: At that time, though, will the current Z plans be withdrawn for existing users to change to?
No plans to do that - the new plans are aimed at a different market demographic.
I have been very happy with my exetel service as a light user. Why would you not offer the naked $40 plan to those customers who it would be useful for? Ie those who do not download a lot in either peak or offpeak. I thought these sort of customers would be ideal for exetel to try and keep. Having said that I wouldn't be particularly happy about yet another $10 plan change seeing as I only changed to a z plan on May 1.

Some1onearth
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Somewhere on earth

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by Some1onearth » Mon May 10, 2010 2:42 am

I am completely confused as to what is being offered and what is available. All this changing is what might make me change providers after nearly 4 years of enjoying Exetel, as it had the best offer.

Now, I'm not sure if the new plans are even that good. Apparently current customers can still get the off-peak period and the off-peak period is no longer in the newer plans? And the off-peak time period change is no longer in effect? Do we get to keep off-peak period as is if we change plans to Z/23NOTEL after the contract period ends?

What is all this? What is going on? Can somebody clarify everything in a simple manner or possibly CONFIRM a change at least? An email is almost confirmation, almost.

I don't know what is going on............I'm as confused as a sloth in the Matrix.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: ADSL2 Plan Changes

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon May 10, 2010 9:32 am

Some1onearth wrote:Apparently current customers can still get the off-peak period and the off-peak period is no longer in the newer plans?
Correct.
Some1onearth wrote:And the off-peak time period change is no longer in effect?
Most recent email defers the effect of the 2am-8am off-peak change until September at the earliest.
Some1onearth wrote:Do we get to keep off-peak period as is if we change plans to Z/23NOTEL after the contract period ends?
Cant understand this sentence. Z/ plans retain their current 12-12 off-peak until further notice, which at this stage has been deferred until September
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Locked