Change to naked ADSL2

Old, inactive threads
DazzleMe

Change to naked ADSL2

Post by DazzleMe » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:53 pm

Hi all,

I am currently on the NF/21BYOLINE ADSL2+ plan and also have Telstra as the PSTN provider.

I am considering changing to Naked ADSL2+ and porting my PSTN number to VOIP.

When I look in the members section I don't have the option of changing my service to Naked ADSL2+. Do I need to cancel my current ADSL service before reapplying for Naked? What is the procedure for changing to NAked ADSL2+?? How long does it take to change over and port the number? Is there any downtime for the PSTN and the ADSL services?

I currently have 1 VOIP number already linked to this account. Does this VOIP number come accross to my Naked Account? Is there any monthly charge for the new ported VOIP number?

Tim K

Re: Change to naked ADSL2

Post by Tim K » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:40 pm

With these services, it's unfortunately not a simple process to switch between them. Because it's different infrastructre on ADSL2, the only way this can really be done is to cancel your current connection, wait for the ADSL codes to drop, and then apply for the Naked ADSL plan you want. I'd like it to be easier (so I could do the same myself!) but unfortunately it's not to be in this instance.