Change of plan fee

Old, inactive threads
Lawrie

Re: Change of plan fee

Post by Lawrie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:06 am

Great idea!

the option shows up inside the change of plan form.
For the Optus ADSL2 plans that I am on, the choice is to sign up for a new 12 month contract, or pay the $20 under the existing contract.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:12 am

tc4101 wrote:
But existing customers can usually move to a new plan and not incur a new contract unless the underlying infrastructure changes.
i am on Plan Type: NF/21INCTEL been "off contract" for many months now, and in my facilities page all the change of plan options attract a $20 fee
Correct. $20 plan change fee for no new contract, but if you switch to a standard Optus-provided bundled plan like your INCTEL one (currently the OTxx plans) your contract won't extend.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:17 am

Kamakiri wrote:I'm sure Corey you can appreciate the 'wtf' moments in Exetel customers sometimes.
Yep. Such Exetel moments included the true unlimited ADSL2+ plans, and proposed changes to off peak periods that were going to apply to every plan (regardless of contract). But both of these were eventually overturned so it all worked out in the end, but at the time they cause a considerable amount of angst and confusion.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Kamakiri

Post by Kamakiri » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:46 pm

edgos wrote:The exetel user facility now allows different options for a change of plans. Option 1 - No new contract = $20 Option 2 - New six month contract =$0.00 Option 3 - New 12 month contract = $0.00 (not sure, can't remember)

So we will change plans at the end of the month for $0.00 but had to enter a new 6 month contract (reasonably happy with that).
Is that new option in recent days? And it's 12 monthas new contract.

If 12 month contract is broken how much would it cost?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:12 pm

Kamakiri wrote:Is that new option in recent days?
I think it came about from the last round of new plans (the ones with free bundled ADSL) but the implementation of it was only recently finalised.
Kamakiri wrote:If 12 month contract is broken how much would it cost?
I'm guessing the same as the regular early termination fee: $100 but you should email billing@exetel.com.au for "official" confirmation if you want

tc4101

Post by tc4101 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:22 pm

edgos wrote:The exetel user facility now allows different options for a change of plans. Option 1 - No new contract = $20 Option 2 - New six month contract =$0.00 Option 3 - New 12 month contract = $0.00 (not sure, can't remember)

So we will change plans at the end of the month for $0.00 but had to enter a new 6 month contract (reasonably happy with that).

ok i take that back i never realised that, i just read the front page and didnt delve any further. once off contract it does seem it is a free change. which is fair. and a $20 change within the contract period is fair aswell.

golux

Post by golux » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:57 pm

I read above that:
"The exetel user facility now allows different options for a change of plans. Option 1 - No new contract = $20 Option 2 - New six month contract =$0.00 Option 3 - New 12 month contract = $0.00

and

There is a $20 fee for a plan change within the contract period"

I can't display this info on the XTL website. Specifically when I enter Manage Services>ADSL>Change Service[Tab]

[Unless this info is obsolete] can someone tell me how to display these on the exetel website?

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:23 pm

Manage Services>ADSL>Change Service[Tab]>Click Apply (Don't worry you will not commit to anything) You will see the options on the Change Plan form.

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:16 pm

golux wrote:I read above that:
"The exetel user facility now allows different options for a change of plans. Option 1 - No new contract = $20 Option 2 - New six month contract =$0.00 Option 3 - New 12 month contract = $0.00

and

There is a $20 fee for a plan change within the contract period"

I can't display this info on the XTL website. Specifically when I enter Manage Services>ADSL>Change Service[Tab]

[Unless this info is obsolete] can someone tell me how to display these on the exetel website?
You keep your current contract, the fee will be $20.00.

You agree a new 12 months contract, the fee will be $0.00