Three Months Free ADSL

Old, inactive threads
dannyexetel1

Re: Three Months Free ADSL

Post by dannyexetel1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Text deleted - breaks all forum rules.

I suggest the poster reads the first post on this thread before posting again.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:40 am

The 'free offer' has been increased to three months and the new activation charge has been reduced from $40.00 to $20.00.

For AAPT customers transferring from AAPT to Optus the free months have been increased from 2 to 3 (transfer is free).

vbap

Post by vbap » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:20 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:The 'free offer' has been increased to three months and the new activation charge has been reduced from $40.00 to $20.00.
Boy that is a good deal (although, it just aligns the offer with this Thread title!). Here's hoping Mum's application gets through.

oblong

Post by oblong » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:12 pm

I'm using the user facilities to try to change from A30 to OT-20; I fill out the form, click "submit" and keep getting "Please check that you understand that during the transfer process it is required that any 'complex services' such as additional features on a telephone service like fax-duet,rotary function and secondary numbers are to be removed prior to any transfer attempt in order to minimize any impediments during the transfer process." appearing. I click OK to that, but can't progress further.

I have ticked the checkbox: "I understand that during the transfer process it is required that any 'complex services' such as additional features on a telephone service like fax-duet,rotary function and secondary numbers are to be removed prior to any transfer attempt in order to minimize any impediments during the transfer process."

Is there something else I'm missing, or is there a problem with the form?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:51 pm

I have asked the appropriate programmer to reply to you and fix if necessary.

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:24 pm

We have corrected the error. I have test the form and working fine now.

oblong

Post by oblong » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:20 pm

raymond wrote:We have corrected the error. I have test the form and working fine now.
Thank you - that part works now.

However, when I get to the next page which echoes the selections, it says for the OT-20 plan that "ADSL2 Monthly Access Charge" is "$39.50" instead of "$19.50" on the initial "Change Plan" form.

Obviously I not keen to proceed past that point!

oblong

Post by oblong » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:24 pm

oblong wrote:Obviously I not keen to proceed past that point!
Oops - I read more carefully and it says "Monthly Line Rental Charge" is included. Sorry!

rm555

Post by rm555 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:01 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:The 'free offer' has been increased to three months and the new activation charge has been reduced from $40.00 to $20.00.
Just a couple of questions.

1) When are the free months applied? I assume for the first 3 months?

2) What happens if a customer cancels before the end of the contract and pays the $100 ETF? Will any free months applied be charged as well?

The order form just mentions the 3 months free and I don't see any conditions applied to it. There's mention of Special Offers in your T&Cs and that certain terms apply to them but there's nothing specific about your current offer.

Say I churn from another ISP and pay the $20 activation fee then stay for 3 months then cancel shortly after. The way things are at the moment I'll only have to pay $100 to cancel my service and will have received 3 months of internet (and free calls assuming an OF plan was chosen) for $120.

If there are conditions pertaining to the free months then it might be a good idea to prominently display them in the signup form, lest some customers claim that they weren't informed that the free months are payable if the contract is ended prematurely.

ornz

Post by ornz » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi,
I'm currently on the old naked ONA plan at the moment and was wondering if this email offer of 3 months to switch to the phone/internet package was only to select people as i dont have that email and would be keen to take it up.

Regards,

Chris

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:51 pm

I'm currently on the old naked ONA plan at the moment and was wondering if this email offer of 3 months to switch to the phone/internet package was only to select people as i dont have that email and would be keen to take it up.
Currently this promotion is available for customers who will be changing the infrastructure. Since you are already within the same infrastructure promotional offer will not apply.

ornz

Post by ornz » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:36 pm

ShaminG wrote:
Currently this promotion is available for customers who will be changing the infrastructure. Since you are already within the same infrastructure promotional offer will not apply.

So if i leave exetel (as i am out of contract) and join again, i will be able to get it?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:07 pm

rm555 wrote:
Just a couple of questions.

1) When are the free months applied? I assume for the first 3 months?

2) What happens if a customer cancels before the end of the contract and pays the $100 ETF? Will any free months applied be charged as well?

The order form just mentions the 3 months free and I don't see any conditions applied to it. There's mention of Special Offers in your T&Cs and that certain terms apply to them but there's nothing specific about your current offer.

3) Say I churn from another ISP and pay the $20 activation fee then stay for 3 months then cancel shortly after. The way things are at the moment I'll only have to pay $100 to cancel my service and will have received 3 months of internet (and free calls assuming an OF plan was chosen) for $120.

If there are conditions pertaining to the free months then it might be a good idea to prominently display them in the signup form, lest some customers claim that they weren't informed that the free months are payable if the contract is ended prematurely.
1) First full three months - not the first part month

2) Just the $100.00 ETF

3) What would be the point?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:43 am

ornz wrote:
ShaminG wrote:

So if i leave exetel (as i am out of contract) and join again, i will be able to get it?
It may not work out that way if your line tags show you are with Exetel when you put in an application.

soaper

Post by soaper » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:05 pm

is it transferrabe to another house......or would the contract be broken with $100 to pay and a new connection made again.
i keep putting off changing plans in case i move.....but it is not happening..... and meanwhile the deals get better and better :)

what happens to the discount on the ADSL when it is combined with the $19 mobile cap plan.??
if the discount continues..... it is very great deal indeed

thanks

ETa... i should clarify that i refer to the plan as offered today to me as an existing grandfathered AAPT customer.........and has 6 months free adsl.