Page 5 of 5

Re: Three Months Free ADSL

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:57 pm
by remosha
robin wrote:hi,

I have been with Exetel for two years and happy about your services (both ADSL and mobile). Recently, I upgraded my ADSL1 to ADSL2 for the three month free service and was told I can not get this as an existing customer this monring. Your saler told me that the only way that I can get the free service (six month now) is to cancel my current service and sign a new contract. However, it will spend 2~3 weeks. For me, it sounds ridiculous. Is there any easy way for your existing customer to get this ? My service number is 0242250484 and my contract was already expired on 02/07/2011. If there is no way, I will cancel my current ADSL2 service and sign a new contract. It is a litter trouble and ridiculous, but considering 6 months free services, it worths.

Can you give any suggestion? Such troubles may not only anger me, but also your technique people and supplier. I just want to find a way to save our time and energy.

Thanks
This is a promotional offer provided to us by our supplier for new customer. Hence, this will not apply to existing customers who are already on a plan offered by Exetel via the Optus Netwrok.

Re: Three Months Free ADSL

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:43 pm
by dannyexetel1
It would been good if all customers (inc customer without contract) were able to get the current offer. Exetel should have negotiated a deal with Optus that can benefit to all (if not most) customers and better not create a unhappy customers. No one would stupid enough to sign up and throw 12 month lock in contract when they are getting no benefits from it and missing out the current promotions.

Re: Three Months Free ADSL

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:18 am
by ForumAdmin
Our failures in negotiating with our suppliers cannot be undone - assuming they were in fact failures.

However the new customer referral scheme that will come in to force on 1/8/2011 will address that "failure".

This will allow current users, rather than new users, to be given the financial advantage of Optus marketing promotion.

You, as a current customer, can get $100.00 credit off your Exetel bill for every customer you get to sign up on an Exetel/Optus plan during August.

The new customer you sign up will get his/her first and last month free as an incentive for you to do this.

Re: Three Months Free ADSL

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:05 pm
by TheBenjiManCan
As an existing customer, I received an email on 6th July from Exetel about a special member-only referral program, titled "$30 for YOU, and up to 7 months FREE for your friend".

It states (and I quote)...
Until midnight on August 30th 2011, if a friend or relative applies to, and is successful in getting, one of our OT or OF ADSL2+ plans http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2_new.php you will receive a $30 credit on your next bill, and your friend an additional 1 month FREE to the already 3 months FREE, being offered on the website, meaning a total of 4 Months FREE.

PLUS, if they order a Mobile CAP plan at the same time, they will also receive an additional 3 months FREE, which is a total of 7 Months FREE.

Infact it mentions August 30th again in the email.

Now, my friend phoned up exetel to confirm the "deal", cos it's not on the website anywhere, and was planning to sign up mid-August, but was told that this deal was only valid until July 31st ???

My friend is now unsure about Exetel. Can I get some confirmation that this deal will be honoured if they sign up in August ?



Now that I've read this....
ForumAdmin wrote:You, as a current customer, can get $100.00 credit off your Exetel bill for every customer you get to sign up on an Exetel/Optus plan during August.
Maybe I should be discouraging my mate ... works better for me :wink:

Re: Three Months Free ADSL

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:11 am
by PiyumiK
[quote="TheBenjiManCan"]As an existing customer, I received an email on 6th July from Exetel about a special member-only referral program, titled "$30 for YOU, and up to 7 months FREE for your friend". Now, my friend phoned up exetel to confirm the "deal", cos it's not on the website anywhere, and was planning to sign up mid-August, but was told that this deal was only valid until July 31st ??? My friend is now unsure about Exetel. Can I get some confirmation that this deal will be honoured if they sign up in August ?

Hi,

The $30 referral credit + the 7 months Free for your friend is still available on members facilities - I certainly still have it on my members facility - so your friend/you should be able to access it for the next few days. However, as an ISP and to ensure our customers (new and existing) are happy and get the best service at the lowest possible cost we have to continuously revamp our plans and make them better where possible. Yes the initial referral program does say that the offer is valid till 30th August 2011 - but we are now replacing that with a better offer which is beneficial for our existing customers, because sometimes it is nice to 'thank' our customers by giving them incentives.
So as mentioned $100 upfront to the referrer (existing customers) and 2 months free for your friend (which are the 1st and 12th month of the 12 month contract).

The 6 month’s free Optus promotion (Free ADSL2+ Monthly Charge) will end 31st July 2011, as stated on the Exetel website.

So either your friend can apply over the next few days (until 31st July 2011) for the 6 month free Optus ADSL2+ plan and you will receive $30 if your friend inserts your phone number in the “recommender number” in the order form (your friend will receive an additional free month) – or 1st August 2011 onwards your friend will receive 2 months free and you will receive $100 referral credit. Please note there is no limit on how many friends/family you can recommend. So you can do one referral this month and one next month and everyone is a winner :D

Re: Three Months Free ADSL

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:31 am
by TheBenjiManCan
PiyumiK wrote:However, as an ISP and to ensure our customers (new and existing) are happy and get the best service at the lowest possible cost we have to continuously revamp our plans and make them better where possible. Yes the initial referral program does say that the offer is valid till 30th August 2011 - but we are now replacing that with a better offer which is beneficial for our existing customers, because sometimes it is nice to 'thank' our customers by giving them incentives.
So you are telling me that exetel are reneging on that initial offer. You say replacing, I see it as reneging.
I'm sure you reserve the right to do that, things change, but it leaves a sour taste in my month.

Fair enough, offer a new deal in the interests of current customers (that's great and I applaud exetel for continually thinking about their customers, I have benefited from this in the past myself), but I also think Exetel should honour ANY deal currently on the table up until it's advertised expiry date.

Sure, this new deal benefits me as the referrer, but I 'sold' Exetel to my friend based on the 7months FREE that they would receive. They may not sign up with Exetel in August now, and that's maybe one new customer you've just lost.

Re: Three Months Free ADSL

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:33 pm
by PiyumiK
TheBenjiManCan wrote: You say replacing, I see it as reneging.
Fair enough, offer a new deal in the interests of current customers (that's great and I applaud exetel for continually thinking about their customers, I have benefited from this in the past myself), but I also think Exetel should honour ANY deal currently on the table up until it's advertised expiry date.
Sure, this new deal benefits me as the referrer, but I 'sold' Exetel to my friend based on the 7months FREE that they would receive.
I do understand what you are saying, however our supplier, Optus, only provides us this incentive for a certain period of time and if we wait till the end of August 2011 (i.e. - to honour our initial offer 7 month free offer) to put in place what we think is a better incentive scheme/referral program (i.e. the $100 + 2 months free ADSL charge referral scheme) – then we might not even be able to have a customer referral program as we probably won’t receive incentives from our supplier for much longer. We can only base our incentives on the information and bonuses at hand – and this is actually something we thought would be beneficial for all parties including the current customer. Maybe you can split your referral credit with your friend as an added incentive for him/her to join Exetel?

Re: Three Months Free ADSL

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:45 pm
by nihonjin
you could always give your friend the extra money you receive from this new offer compared to the original one ($70) to compensate for your friend not getting as good a deal as you thought he would. If you do i sure wish i had friends like you :twisted:

Re: Three Months Free ADSL

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:25 pm
by MikeTurner
HI there,

I signed up for this plan - or the 6 months free. Not sure which months they are, but I was pretty sure I read that it was 1,2,3 and 10,11,12.

Anyway, my credit card was just invoiced for the first full month. It was also invoiced for the pro-rated first part month.

Who do I speak to?

Re: Three Months Free ADSL

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:48 am
by soulless
MikeTurner wrote:HI there,

I signed up for this plan - or the 6 months free. Not sure which months they are, but I was pretty sure I read that it was 1,2,3 and 10,11,12.

Anyway, my credit card was just invoiced for the first full month. It was also invoiced for the pro-rated first part month.

Who do I speak to?

Same thing happened to me (although I was taking up the AAPT to Optus plan promo).

I emailed billing@exetel.com.au just then. Hopefully this will get fixed up tomorrow. :mrgreen:

Re: Three Months Free ADSL

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:43 pm
by rukshani
MikeTurner wrote:HI there,

I signed up for this plan - or the 6 months free. Not sure which months they are, but I was pretty sure I read that it was 1,2,3 and 10,11,12.

Anyway, my credit card was just invoiced for the first full month. It was also invoiced for the pro-rated first part month.

Who do I speak to?
I have already asked a billing representative to look in to this, she will soon email you on your contact email address.

However some customers were inadvertently charged with a DSL monthly fee in August'11 when on the Optus ADSL 2 offer.

If you were already charged - you would have received an email advising that you will be given the free months starting September'2011. So it would be 2,3,4 and 10,11,12.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.