NBN email

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)

NBN email

Postby geoffyboy on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:14 pm

Hello.
I got an email from you guys the other day stating that the copper will be switched off in my area in april 2017, and that I should switch to nbn as soon as possible.

Now NBN has only been available in my area for a few months. That would have to be the quickest 18 months ever.

I hope the date was a mistake as I would hate to think someone in sales is telling fibs to get people to sign over to nbn in a rush while they still have 12 months or more to do so.

I emailed residential sales to ask the question but nobody has gotten back to me.

Thanks
Geoff
geoffyboy

Re: NBN email

Postby Mandy on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:00 pm

Hi Geoff,

As per the information that we have received from our supplier, the copper decommissioning in your area is due around May/June/July 2017.

The E-mail was sent to keep you informed of the changes that would affect your current service, however it is not mandatory for you to sign up for NBN immediately.

However, if no action is taken in switching over to NBN before the said time frame, there is a possibility that you will lose the current service along with the Telephone number due to copper decommissioning.

Further you will receive an E-mail shortly, if you have any other concerns please do respond to the E-mail.
Mandy
Exetel Staff

Postby geoffyboy on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:00 pm

Thanks for getting back to me.
I have replied to the email and just posting up so you know that I have.

I didnt know how long I was going to have to wait for a reply from my first email as it wasnt replied to in 3 days.

Thats why I came in here.

Cheers.
Geoff
geoffyboy

Postby KavindaS on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:52 pm

geoffyboy wrote:Thanks for getting back to me.
I have replied to the email and just posting up so you know that I have.

I didnt know how long I was going to have to wait for a reply from my first email as it wasnt replied to in 3 days.

Thats why I came in here.

Cheers.
Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I have informed the sales department to follow up and reply to you timely on this.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby geoffyboy on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Thanks for that.
Geoff
geoffyboy

Return to Improvement & suggestions