Current maintenance & outages updates

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)

Current maintenance & outages updates

Postby trev on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:21 pm

Unplanned Fibre Network Outage - Wagga Wagga , NSW (viewtopic.php?f=296&t=43423) was not very helpful!

Why?

Because that event started at 23/04/2017 6.52 pm AEST and ...
... that post was made on Apr 24 at 11:52 am, more than 16 hours later!

Additionally, the Technical Support person I spoke to at 09:18am on April 24 for 46 minutes did not know about it either!

Suggestions
1) Update the outages forum more diligently;
2) Update your support staff too.

I should point out that I checked the outage forum before ringing support (using another RSP whose FTTP did not suffer an outage).
trev

Re: Current maintenance & outages updates

Postby KavindaS on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:04 pm

trev wrote:Unplanned Fibre Network Outage - Wagga Wagga , NSW (viewtopic.php?f=296&t=43423) was not very helpful!

Why?

Because that event started at 23/04/2017 6.52 pm AEST and ...
... that post was made on Apr 24 at 11:52 am, more than 16 hours later!

Additionally, the Technical Support person I spoke to at 09:18am on April 24 for 46 minutes did not know about it either!

Suggestions
1) Update the outages forum more diligently;
2) Update your support staff too.

I should point out that I checked the outage forum before ringing support (using another RSP whose FTTP did not suffer an outage).

Thank you for your suggestions. However we have updated the forums, by the time we have received the supplier confirmation only.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby twelvepointfour on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:07 pm

Similar issue today, no updates.

Apparently another outage in Wagga Wagga effecting the surrounding suburbs. Post was made at around 1130 am which is about in line with when I noticed a service outage (140kms away) and yet no updates 8 hours later. This nonsense about there being no ETA for the problem being resolved isn't good enough. If you aren't receiving updates from NBNCo then push for them.
twelvepointfour

Postby KavindaS on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:28 pm

twelvepointfour wrote:Similar issue today, no updates.

Apparently another outage in Wagga Wagga effecting the surrounding suburbs. Post was made at around 1130 am which is about in line with when I noticed a service outage (140kms away) and yet no updates 8 hours later. This nonsense about there being no ETA for the problem being resolved isn't good enough. If you aren't receiving updates from NBNCo then push for them.

We have continuously requested for updates and finally few minutes ago received an update and it appears to be a major issue. It is a Fibre breakdown and the supplier Fibre technical team is already working on this. We will update the viewtopic.php?f=296&t=43624&p=321838#p321838 periodically when updates are available.

Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Return to Improvement & suggestions