Email Suspension

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
MorvaHindrance

Email Suspension

Post by MorvaHindrance » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:04 am

I recently had my email account suspended. As I had not received any notification of this prior to my account being suspended, I had no idea. I spend 2 to 3 days trying to research what could be wrong before finally ringing Exetel for support. This cause much angst and frustration.

I realise that suspending my email because of suspicious activity is a protection mechanism that benefits me as well as Exetel. However, is it not possible to send the an alert to my email before suspending it, or, to my mobile before suspending it. My email account was activated yesterday the 29th of August 2019, but I received an text message on my mobile the 30th August 2019 alerting me to the suspension, this two days later than the suspension.

For the last two months I have had some spam and pishing attempts on my mail but this amounted to nothing more than a handful of emails. That's nothing unusual for someone who uses email and the internet frequently and yet I was punished by having my account suspended for two days.

Luckily I was able to provide another email address so that instructions on what to do to activate my account could be sent to me. This communication was very brief, and included incorrect passwords, which might have time out because of time differences. This meant more delays to the activation of my email account. I don't log into myexetel member services regularly so I am not familiar with the layout. Detailed and clear instructions on exactly what the new username is, and password and whereabouts this is to be entered, would be very helpful and save time. Plus, more detailed instructions on which tab to use and what that will look like, and the process. A new password is to be created and a verification code sent to my mobile to activate the account.

It may well be that my phone carrier delayed sending the text message that my email account had been suspended. If this was the case I apologise for criticising that part of the process.

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Re: Email Suspension

Post by nilushid » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:41 pm

MorvaHindrance wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:04 am
I recently had my email account suspended. As I had not received any notification of this prior to my account being suspended, I had no idea. I spend 2 to 3 days trying to research what could be wrong before finally ringing Exetel for support. This cause much angst and frustration.

I realise that suspending my email because of suspicious activity is a protection mechanism that benefits me as well as Exetel. However, is it not possible to send the an alert to my email before suspending it, or, to my mobile before suspending it. My email account was activated yesterday the 29th of August 2019, but I received an text message on my mobile the 30th August 2019 alerting me to the suspension, this two days later than the suspension.

For the last two months I have had some spam and pishing attempts on my mail but this amounted to nothing more than a handful of emails. That's nothing unusual for someone who uses email and the internet frequently and yet I was punished by having my account suspended for two days.

Luckily I was able to provide another email address so that instructions on what to do to activate my account could be sent to me. This communication was very brief, and included incorrect passwords, which might have time out because of time differences. This meant more delays to the activation of my email account. I don't log into myexetel member services regularly so I am not familiar with the layout. Detailed and clear instructions on exactly what the new username is, and password and whereabouts this is to be entered, would be very helpful and save time. Plus, more detailed instructions on which tab to use and what that will look like, and the process. A new password is to be created and a verification code sent to my mobile to activate the account.

It may well be that my phone carrier delayed sending the text message that my email account had been suspended. If this was the case I apologise for criticising that part of the process.
We are extreamly sorry about the inconveniences caused to you over this process. We will make sure to update our hosting regarding your feedback. In the mean time can you please PM us your customer ID or the service number so we could check the notification process from the back end. Or you can send us a reference number given by exetel.

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Re: Email Suspension

Post by nilushid » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:02 pm

nilushid wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:41 pm
We are extreamly sorry about the inconveniences caused to you over this process. We will make sure to update our hosting regarding your feedback. In the mean time can you please PM us your customer ID or the service number so we could check the notification process from the back end. Or you can send us a reference number given by exetel.
Thanks for the PM. We have escalated your complain and the suggestion to our Hosting team and they will get back to you on this.

Ref #15942965