Improvements to the order processing

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
boardshorts

Improvements to the order processing

Post by boardshorts » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:48 am

1. I received a call 11:08am yesterday from someone purporting to be from the NBN about my pending Exetel HFC order. Suspicious as I know the NBN rings nobody but lots of scammers do. She seemed to know about the pending install and then asked COVID-19 questions so I realised that this was not the NBN as I had completed the SMS reply only hours earlier. Turns out this was a person from the installer contracted by NBN to install the NTD. I ask what identification credentials this person would have with them. Told to ring NBN but I know the NBN does not talk to retail customers, everything goes through your RSP. I ask that she finds out from her management and calls back. I then ring Exetel and speak to NALN. He tells me Exetel never know who will turn up offers to find out and after a wait on hold returns to say he does not know who the contractor is but they will have one is the two id's. I ask if not NBN what id will they be carrying and he did not know. Hmmm. Exetel needs to get the NBN to disclose who will turn up and what identification they will carry. There are enough NBN related scams happening without Exetel being complicit.
2. I then raised the issue of the modem status which said "Text & email sent advising modem dispatch" yet I had received neither an SMS or email detailing the dispatch. NALN says that Exetel updates the status when they ask a third party to ship the modem and the emails and SMS's get sent when they receive the tracking details back. When I question why the website status indicated that something had happened that clearly had not he became belligerent saying he cannot help me if I will not listen to what he is saying. Offered to cancel the order, said that because it is a residential service I was not entitled to that level of support, I could complain about the NBN to the TIO, etc. I will bear this in mind when I next choose an RSP.
3. I rang the contractor after Exetel refused to help and they confirmed that they would attend with BSA identification so I can let my adult son know to give this person access to the premises.
4. I am concerned that NALN will do something to sabotage the installation process. I want the install to proceed on the morning of 8 June 2020.
5. Exetel needs to include the time the order status was updated and well as the date.
6. I received the SMS and emails some 6 hours after the conversation with NALN.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Re: Improvements to the order processing

Post by KavindaS » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:40 pm

Firstly, I would like to apologise to you on behalf of Exetel for any inconvenience you may have experienced with relation to this matter.

Thank you for this feedback about our service as it is highly valuable. I have escalated this with our provisioning department management for their consideration.

boardshorts

Re: Improvements to the order processing

Post by boardshorts » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:41 pm

Thank you for your response and for passing it on to provisioning.

The install happened seamlessly early 8JUN20 (on a public holiday). Not surprising as we had a working 100/5Mbps Telstra Cable HFC connection so it was swapping the NTD after reterminating the HFC cable in the pit, madison box, and wall plate.

The next issue to improve is the email stating that the Exetel supplied modem had been preconfigured with the VOIP settings. Because we ported our PSTN number to Exetel and that port can only happen AFTER the install, then I understand that this was not possible but the email said it had been done. Another call to support who quickly configured it BUT
1. The email should not state it had been done
2. Exetel could have done this remotely after the install was complete and the port completed.

Speeds are acceptable mid to high 80's down and mid to high 30's up. So I am happy with the outcome.

Fortunately, I have over 20 years of experience with ADSL, cable, and fiber connections so I understood what and why this has happened. I do pity ordinary folk who are clueless, so anything Exetel can do to keep the process factual and not misleading will assist them to achieve a similar outcome without the unnecessary frustration.