Improve Base Level Support

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
kgbster

Improve Base Level Support

Post by kgbster » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:05 pm

Hi

Last week my ADSL modem was reset to factory defaults for the first time in 4 years since I connected to Exetel (thanks to small children playing with sharp implements near the computer). My original emails about account names & modem passwords and basic config settings were long gone.

I stumbled through setting up my modem again only to find that the single thing I couldn't recall was my adsl service password.

To my great surprise when I tried to connect to the web I received the Exetel "Failed Login Page" http://failed-login.exetel.com.au.

This could have been a godsend to me but instead it was like an albatros around my neck.

The page gave me one clue as to how to solve my problem - but the clue didn't help my particular simple problem. I was pleased to see some kind of support coming from Exetel however it wasn't quite enough.

What I'd like to see is a page that contains a few hints & tips like it does now plus, at least, a support phone number to talk to a real person.

I live in a rural area in the country and have no mobile service at home, nor is exetel listed in the local phone book. I had to wait 2 full days until I could get to a work PC to find a phone number and when I finally called exetel the probelm was fixed in 10 seconds flat.

Yes, I shouldn't have lost my password but it is a no brainer to add some other contact details to help users.

NetworkAdmin

Post by NetworkAdmin » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:09 pm

from the NSW white pages:

#
Exetel Pty Ltd

* North Sydney Lvl 4/ 275 Alfred St 2060
* (02) 9927 1000

Or directory assistance would have it too.

Moonman

Post by Moonman » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:18 pm

NetworkAdmin wrote:from the NSW white pages:

#
Exetel Pty Ltd

* North Sydney Lvl 4/ 275 Alfred St 2060
* (02) 9927 1000

Or directory assistance would have it too.
And if you aren't in NSW? Oh wait...Directory Assitance. Yeah I suppose that works! :P

ForumAdmin

Re: Improve Base Level Support

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:29 am

kgbster wrote:Hi

Last week my ADSL modem was reset to factory defaults for the first time in 4 years since I connected to Exetel (thanks to small children playing with sharp implements near the computer). My original emails about account names & modem passwords and basic config settings were long gone.

I stumbled through setting up my modem again only to find that the single thing I couldn't recall was my adsl service password.

To my great surprise when I tried to connect to the web I received the Exetel "Failed Login Page" http://failed-login.exetel.com.au.

This could have been a godsend to me but instead it was like an albatros around my neck.

The page gave me one clue as to how to solve my problem - but the clue didn't help my particular simple problem. I was pleased to see some kind of support coming from Exetel however it wasn't quite enough.

What I'd like to see is a page that contains a few hints & tips like it does now plus, at least, a support phone number to talk to a real person.

I live in a rural area in the country and have no mobile service at home, nor is exetel listed in the local phone book. I had to wait 2 full days until I could get to a work PC to find a phone number and when I finally called exetel the probelm was fixed in 10 seconds flat.

Yes, I shouldn't have lost my password but it is a no brainer to add some other contact details to help users.
I'll forward your suggestion to the person responsible.

Cocka

Re: Improve Base Level Support

Post by Cocka » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:50 am

[quote="kgbster"]

[I couldn't recall was my adsl service password.]

There's an old saying, "A blunt pencil and a piece of paper is worth a thousand memories"
I once thought I made a mistake but I was wrong ?

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:25 pm

We have updated this site and provide more examples based on different state.

http://failed-login.exetel.com.au/