Suggestion: Upgrade MySQL; PHP settings change

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
oliver

Suggestion: Upgrade MySQL; PHP settings change

Post by oliver » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:23 am

Can I suggest the following changes to the web server configuration for the hosting that comes with exetel ADSL accounts:

- Change PHP memory limit to 16MB (currently only 8MB)

- upgrade MySQL to a more recent version

Both of these changes are required to run recent versions of the popular CMS system Drupal.

When trying to install Drupal it wouldn't work because of these limitations - e.g. the message about MySQL was:

Code: Select all

Your MySQL Server is too old. Drupal requires at least MySQL 4.1.1. (Currently using MySQL database 4.0.20)
There may be some other PHP settings that need changing, but I haven't got far enough in the install process to uncover them yet. They're all spelled out at
http://drupal.org/requirements

Thanks
Oliver

SysAdmin

Re: Suggestion: Upgrade MySQL; PHP settings change

Post by SysAdmin » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:01 am

oliver wrote:- upgrade MySQL to a more recent version
This is slated to happen in a few months.

Andrew

oliver

Post by oliver » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:27 pm

I look forward to the MySQL upgrade. In the meantime I've tried using an earlier version of Drupal that works with current MySQL version, but apparently it needs database permission to LOCK TABLES and CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES.

Is it possible to allow this?

Thanks
Oliver

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:37 pm

oliver wrote:I look forward to the MySQL upgrade. In the meantime I've tried using an earlier version of Drupal that works with current MySQL version, but apparently it needs database permission to LOCK TABLES and CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES.

Is it possible to allow this?
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We'll turn this on but we reserve the right to revoke it without any notice (before or after) if we deem that it is causing issues.

In order to get the permissions reset for your account you'll need to reset your password.

Andrew