ADSL2+ ANNEX M

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)

ADSL2+ ANNEX M

Postby BigDaddyCool on Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:02 pm

I would really like to see ADSL2+ ANNEX M come into play as a higher upload pipe would really help if you wanted to do any sort of hosting from a home computer wheather it be remotely logging into a computer, private web pages, even just a home ftp server to access ur own files at home.
BigDaddyCool

Re: ADSL2+ ANNEX M

Postby austdata on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:48 pm

That would be fun. I wouldn't mind Annex M either. Although it may cost Exetel and customers a little more in bandwidth.

Cheers,

Mike
The views I present here are not necessarily those from my brain.
Exetel's support number outside Sydney: 1300 788 141 NOTE: I do not work for Exetel.
austdata

Postby James D on Thu May 08, 2008 8:20 am

At the moment Annex M is not available to Exetel from its wholesale suppliers.

I am not sure if it will be made available in the near future from the suppliers but I am constantly asking for it
James D

Postby the_aph on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:44 am

Now that Powertel is offering annex M survives (iiNet offer it to business customers now), can Exetel start offering it on their PTL plans?
the_aph

Postby JasonM on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:51 am

iiNet and Powertel DSLAMs are two different services. We use Powertel only, not iiNet and Annex M isn't an option in the service profiles.
JasonM

Postby the_aph on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:28 am

Thanks Jason
the_aph

Postby pauld on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi Jason,

I too would be keen to see Annex M introduced to Exetel, I realise (some of) the difficulties, but to have an increased upload speed would be great for those of us who host!

Regards, Paul
pauld

Postby pauld on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:24 pm

Hi All,

has this changed in the last 12 months? Any chance of Annex M?

Thanks,

Paul
pauld

Postby ForumAdmin on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:19 pm

As far as I know - Telstra, Optus and AAPT don't provide that facility.
ForumAdmin

Postby hohum on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:11 pm

I had annex-m with iiNet. It was better, but not as significantly faster as you might expect. Sacrificing annex-m for better pricing including a static IP (with iiNet you have to be a business customer +$30 per month for one!). For me the difference between slow upload and slightly less slow upload is insignificant as it is rare that uploads from my network are critical. QOS management and if you P2P making sure you don't share out & I think annex-m is a crock.

One thing Exetel could do is provide a ppp multi-link option like the ISDN days, but naturally this would cost more - double the download speed though - for me that would be 2-2.5MB/s - almost as fast as the stupid hard disk in my laptop!

What I would like is fibre. As Windsor said "Do it once, do it right, do it with fibre". But I fear that when it is finally offered to me sometime in the next 40 years or so it'll be cheap because it's the NBN - like $60 per month or something - but as soon as you actually use it for what it's good for - transferring a large amount of data - you'll be slugged.

Another thing on my wish list is some iptv package. I think exetel could do well offering paytv. But then I guess they've considered that & it isn't worth it to them. As soon as I get a reasonable option to get off Foxtel I'm gone - they've made far way too much money out of me.
hohum

Postby an Sealgair on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:45 pm

Is there any update on Annex M availability in 2013?
an Sealgair

Postby KavindaS on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:52 am

an Sealgair wrote:Is there any update on Annex M availability in 2013?

Unfortunately No :( . Will update the thread if we have any update or planned date.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby abeeson on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:26 am

Hate to shoot this down but with the NBN looming + the additional time and cost required to activate this, wholesalers that dont already offer it arent going to bother.

Wait for the election, see what happens with the NBN then i still wouldnt hold your breath for Annex M.
abeeson

Postby stevebow on Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:10 pm

KavindaS wrote:
an Sealgair wrote:Is there any update on Annex M availability in 2013?

Unfortunately No :( . Will update the thread if we have any update or planned date.

Two years on... Any further news of Annex M? Not holding out any hope for NBN in my area for a long while. :?
stevebow

Postby ShaminG on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:00 pm

stevebow wrote:Two years on... Any further news of Annex M? Not holding out any hope for NBN in my area for a long while. :?

Still the same on Annex M.
ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Next

Return to Improvement & suggestions