Automated phone updates

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
RichS

Automated phone updates

Post by RichS » Wed May 07, 2008 12:08 pm

Guys,

I've spotted a problem with your automatic phone calls/updates - where you call us with 'updates' to on going problems , eg. A fault has been logged with the supplier you will be updated when the supplier gets back to us - there is no mention of the service number that it relates to.

I have 3 Exetel services that I'm responsible for. I received an automated call over the weekend saying something like reset your modem and re-enter you details. Now I wrongly assumed this related to a particular service ( which was working after a recent issue ) when in fact it was for another - the call made no sense to me based on the information I had sent already for my outstanding fault.

I did check the outstanding ticket when I got home just in case and it showed no mention of the above call and I was still getting the calls saying a fault has been logged with the supplier etc.

I would suggest that the service number be mentioned in the phone call to stop misunderstandings such as this one.

Personally I'd prefer NOT to get the phone calls and all updates etc be sent by email, however I can see that this wouldn't work for those that have lost email access when a service is down.

Regards
Richard

DylanF
Exetel Staff

Re: Automated phone updates

Post by DylanF » Wed May 07, 2008 12:51 pm

Hi Richard,

Thank you. I have passed the suggestion on to the manager responsible for this system.

mattski

Post by mattski » Wed May 07, 2008 1:15 pm

Similarly, I look after a number of connections - 2 of which I have the same email contact.

To avoid confusion, it'd be great if email's relating to pending plan changes/connections/disconnections could include the service number in either the subject or near the top of the text in the body.

James D

Post by James D » Thu May 08, 2008 8:16 am

I will see what can be done.

shane42

Post by shane42 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:45 pm

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this but here goes. I like to suggest that in case of a Technical problem effecting a number of customers an automated announcement be made when you try to log a fault to make you aware of current problems existing. I was unaware that recently a cable that was cut between NSW and QLD caused a problem. I tried to log a fault via the 1300 number and was told that the service is not available. When I phoned the NSW number (Interstate charges ) I was disconnected as soon as I pressed 1. The same thing happened last weekend when I was off for three days without email or internet whilst we were moved from NSW to QLD POP . Whilst I have no idea why the 1300 number did not work on 2 different occassions, I would have felt better if I would have been told on the phone that you have a Global problem effecting a number of customers and it would have saved me an interstate call. Having said that waiting for 48 hours to speak to a human being on Tech support is not a very good service and I hope that it will be improved soon. Murphy's Law states that all Technical problems will occur after hours. Therefore if it is a long weekend with no humans to talk to and of course adding the mandatory 48 hours wait, you could be off for nearly a week but still have to pay for the service that did not exist...Please note that some other services only charge for the service that was provided in the billing period...Never the less I am still smiling for I like to be positive and think this service can be improved... :)

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:24 pm

I would like to suggest that the phone system be updated to allow reporting faults with Exetel Mobile or VoIP problems, as it is now I try to log a fault for my mobile account the system assumes it is my ADSL account that has the fault.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM