Exetel plan suggestions

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
Col
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:55 pm
Location: NSW

Exetel plan suggestions

Post by Col » Thu May 29, 2008 5:23 pm

I have always thought that Exetel's business model was to offer large download allowances at affordable prices, but I think Exetel is missing out in the ADSL1 market where quotas are not as large as some of the competition.

Looking at 1500/256 plans, the largest plan is 84GB with 48GB of that being forced to be used in off-peak hours. Westnet and Internode offer a 100GB plan, and aaNet offer an 80GB plan that with the off-peak discounting can easily be turned into 120GB or more. I think that something like the following could be added to the plans list for Exetel to enter into this part of the market:
60GB peak/48GB off-peak - $95/mo <- to fill in the gap
84GB peak/48GB off-peak - $115/mo <- to compete with the aforementioned ISPs

Looking at the 8192/384 plans, 96GB (with 48GB being off-peak) is the largest plan. Westnet offer 120GB, Internode offer 100GB that can be used anytime day or night, and aaNet offer 100GB which can easily turn into 150GB or more with their off-peak discounting. If Exetel doesn't want to let customers get away from them then something like this might help:
80GB peak/48GB off-peak - $130/mo <- to compete with Westnet and Internode
100GB peak/48GB off-peak - $150/mo <- to compete with aaNet, and Internode as some people join them so that they can use 100GB whenever

Now the above suggestions are for only if Exetel wants to try and get customers in that demographic (high downloaders) or not anymore. I would think though that a whole family or unit block using a wireless router will find these plans useful.

I also note that Exetel is trying to increase the number of VoIP minutes that its customers use. How about adding something similar to the old VoIP Plan A as a plan inclusion for all ADSL1 Only and ADSL2+ inc Phone plans, like you have done with the sms service. Current customers didn't have to sign up for the sms via adsl service and so it was quick and easy to use in a post paid format. There are people who don't want to part with their standard phone service, don't want to spend $100-$300 getting a new phone, ATA or modem/router, and those that don't want to use the prepaid calling card service where your credit expires. Including it will add value to the plans, even if you gave 5-10 free VoIP calls to landlines to help encourage people. People can just use the access numbers and the system will recognise them as having a broadband service and it will give them unlimited credit and just be charged for what you use at the end of the month. I don't know how the system works, so atleast something like that.

Opinions?

Affinity
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:33 pm

Re: Exetel plan suggestions

Post by Affinity » Thu May 29, 2008 5:28 pm

Anyone with an Exetel ADSL service of any kind can now order a VoIP service at zero monthly minimum cost and they get a DID... so it is a free "attachment" and this part is easily done.

Col
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:55 pm
Location: NSW

Re: Exetel plan suggestions

Post by Col » Thu May 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Affinity wrote:Anyone with an Exetel ADSL service of any kind can now order a VoIP service at zero monthly minimum cost and they get a DID... so it is a free "attachment" and this part is easily done.
But only if you have VoIP Equipment or a softphone. Plan A doesn't exist anymore.

Affinity
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:33 pm

Re: Exetel plan suggestions

Post by Affinity » Thu May 29, 2008 9:59 pm

Col wrote:
Affinity wrote:Anyone with an Exetel ADSL service of any kind can now order a VoIP service at zero monthly minimum cost and they get a DID... so it is a free "attachment" and this part is easily done.
But only if you have VoIP Equipment or a softphone. Plan A doesn't exist anymore.
It seems that is dependant on the plan you have....

I have a DID with a Naked DSL plan and the only offer within VoIP ordering is for "multiple DID" with $5 monthly cost and $5 minimum spend. It looks like you can have multiple numbers and then a $5 total minimum spend -- not $5 per number.

However, I also have a NONPHONE plan on a different line that has no VoIP numbers attached now and it offers $0 monthly fee and $0 min. spend. Odd.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Exetel plan suggestions

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri May 30, 2008 10:17 am

Col wrote:I have always thought that Exetel's business model was to offer large download allowances at affordable prices, but I think Exetel is missing out in the ADSL1 market where quotas are not as large as some of the competition.

Looking at 1500/256 plans, the largest plan is 84GB with 48GB of that being forced to be used in off-peak hours. Westnet and Internode offer a 100GB plan, and aaNet offer an 80GB plan that with the off-peak discounting can easily be turned into 120GB or more. I think that something like the following could be added to the plans list for Exetel to enter into this part of the market:
60GB peak/48GB off-peak - $95/mo <- to fill in the gap
84GB peak/48GB off-peak - $115/mo <- to compete with the aforementioned ISPs

Looking at the 8192/384 plans, 96GB (with 48GB being off-peak) is the largest plan. Westnet offer 120GB, Internode offer 100GB that can be used anytime day or night, and aaNet offer 100GB which can easily turn into 150GB or more with their off-peak discounting. If Exetel doesn't want to let customers get away from them then something like this might help:
80GB peak/48GB off-peak - $130/mo <- to compete with Westnet and Internode
100GB peak/48GB off-peak - $150/mo <- to compete with aaNet, and Internode as some people join them so that they can use 100GB whenever

Now the above suggestions are for only if Exetel wants to try and get customers in that demographic (high downloaders) or not anymore. I would think though that a whole family or unit block using a wireless router will find these plans useful.

I also note that Exetel is trying to increase the number of VoIP minutes that its customers use. How about adding something similar to the old VoIP Plan A as a plan inclusion for all ADSL1 Only and ADSL2+ inc Phone plans, like you have done with the sms service. Current customers didn't have to sign up for the sms via adsl service and so it was quick and easy to use in a post paid format. There are people who don't want to part with their standard phone service, don't want to spend $100-$300 getting a new phone, ATA or modem/router, and those that don't want to use the prepaid calling card service where your credit expires. Including it will add value to the plans, even if you gave 5-10 free VoIP calls to landlines to help encourage people. People can just use the access numbers and the system will recognise them as having a broadband service and it will give them unlimited credit and just be charged for what you use at the end of the month. I don't know how the system works, so atleast something like that.

Opinions?
Thank you for your suggestions.

We'll look at the 1500 plans (which we did change quite recently) again to see if there's something that can be done.

We're about to re-activate the 'calling card' VOIP plan on the main web site but it's always been available to current ADSL/Wireless users in the User Facilities - or am I mis-understanding what you're saying?

Col
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:55 pm
Location: NSW

Re: Exetel plan suggestions

Post by Col » Fri May 30, 2008 1:27 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:We're about to re-activate the 'calling card' VOIP plan on the main web site but it's always been available to current ADSL/Wireless users in the User Facilities - or am I mis-understanding what you're saying?
My suggestion was to make something like the VoIP "Plan A" an inclusion in your normal (unbundled with VoIP) broadband plans. Is Plan A the 'calling card' VOIP plan you speak of? I have no mention of it in my User Facilities.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Exetel plan suggestions

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri May 30, 2008 1:39 pm

We added three higher download ADSL1 1500 plans today.

We'll make some adjustments to the other ADSL1 plans in June.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Exetel plan suggestions

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri May 30, 2008 1:40 pm

Col wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:We're about to re-activate the 'calling card' VOIP plan on the main web site but it's always been available to current ADSL/Wireless users in the User Facilities - or am I mis-understanding what you're saying?
My suggestion was to make something like the VoIP "Plan A" an inclusion in your normal (unbundled with VoIP) broadband plans. Is Plan A the 'calling card' VOIP plan you speak of? I have no mention of it in my User Facilities.
Maybe I'm getting forgetful in my old age.

I'll look at it over the weekend.

Col
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:55 pm
Location: NSW

Re: Exetel plan suggestions

Post by Col » Fri May 30, 2008 2:00 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:We added three higher download ADSL1 1500 plans today.
On the New Users page, TELX's peak quota is 36GB when it should be 54GB.
ForumAdmin wrote:We'll make some adjustments to the other ADSL1 plans in June.
I optimistically imagine that they are going to get a facelift in quota as you aren't far off with 96GB atm, the 84GB 1500/256 was more of a problem. At the moment though, things look a little unbalanced with more expensive 1500 plans than 8192 plans.
ForumAdmin wrote:I'll look at it over the weekend.
Thank you :)

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Exetel plan suggestions

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri May 30, 2008 2:14 pm

Col wrote:
On the New Users page, TELX's peak quota is 36GB when it should be 54GB.
ForumAdmin wrote:We'll make some adjustments to the other ADSL1 plans in June.
I optimistically imagine that they are going to get a facelift in quota as you aren't far off with 96GB atm, the 84GB 1500/256 was more of a problem. At the moment though, things look a little unbalanced with more expensive 1500 plans than 8192 plans.
ForumAdmin wrote:I'll look at it over the weekend.
Thank you :)
I've had the error fixed.

BiiRO
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:11 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Exetel plan suggestions

Post by BiiRO » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:40 pm

Has there been any movement in these 8MBit plan increases ? It was suggested there might be movement in June, well that time is here. I am interested in returning to Exetel as I need to find a 'new home' in the next 2 weeks. But would like a 'bit more' data than the current offerings.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Exetel plan suggestions

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:23 am

BiiRO wrote:Has there been any movement in these 8MBit plan increases ? It was suggested there might be movement in June, well that time is here. I am interested in returning to Exetel as I need to find a 'new home' in the next 2 weeks. But would like a 'bit more' data than the current offerings.
It's under consideration still.

BiiRO
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:11 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Exetel plan suggestions

Post by BiiRO » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:43 am

*waves money* :mrgreen:

BiiRO
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:11 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Exetel plan suggestions

Post by BiiRO » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:10 pm

I noticed you moved quickly and posted a couple of new plans yesterday. (As I posted on Whirlpool) Not bad but I would have thought the 60GB one might have been closer to the 1.5 72GB point..I wonder if thats a miss print..it looks too obviously out of step.

The 1.5mbit plans go up in niceish 18GB steps :-

36 > 54 (18GB) > 72 (18GB) > 96 (24GB)

where as the 8mbit ones go all 'weird'

32 > 48 (16GB) > 60 (12GB) > 96 (36GB)

That 60GB one looks out of place.. as if the TELQ should be 70GB rather than 60GB.

This makes more sense against the pricing steps and data steps

32 > 48 (16GB) > 70 (22GB) > 96 (26GB) that seems like nice progress steps inline with pricing?

So is the 60 a miss print and is meant to be 70 ?

No - it's intentional.

Mulder
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:54 pm

Re: Exetel plan suggestions

Post by Mulder » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:38 pm

I would really like to see an increase in download limits in peak period times for all 1.5Mb services. My downloads have been 12Gb for ages and I would have thought an increase would have come by now. When I first joined Exetel I was on 1Gb/month. Within a short period of time it increased to 2Gb then 3 GB effectively tripled in a short period. Yet the plan I'm on now has stayed static. I asked moons ago for an increase and I was told I'm dreaming. Im still in REM mode ;)
mulder

Post Reply