Joining Exetel or New Connections

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
spmika

Joining Exetel or New Connections

Post by spmika » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:05 am

Hi. As a prospective new user I have a lot of questions about connecting to exetel including Exchange availability and the likelihood of a successful application, the process and timeframe.

As I need to change my PSTN from AAPT to Telstra, and juggle my existing ADSL1 and try and keep my existing number and find out if my exchange has ports available it is all a bit uncertain. Especially when one ISP tells me there are no Ports available and another tells me there is.

Maybe there can be a FAQ or thread that deals exclusively with new applications, prior to connection. I know I would find it helpful and it would have saved me making calls to the support team.

At this time I am still waiting to see if my journey to Exetel will be possible.

Thanks

Steven

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Re: Joining Exetel or New Connections

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:30 pm

spmika wrote:Hi. As a prospective new user I have a lot of questions about connecting to exetel including Exchange availability and the likelihood of a successful application, the process and timeframe.

As I need to change my PSTN from AAPT to Telstra, and juggle my existing ADSL1 and try and keep my existing number and find out if my exchange has ports available it is all a bit uncertain. Especially when one ISP tells me there are no Ports available and another tells me there is.

Maybe there can be a FAQ or thread that deals exclusively with new applications, prior to connection. I know I would find it helpful and it would have saved me making calls to the support team.

At this time I am still waiting to see if my journey to Exetel will be possible.

Thanks

Steven
Exetel has tried to make its FAQs as comprehensive as possible on an ongoing program going back to January 2004 - however the sorts of questions you are asking simply can't be handled by any sort of FAQ.

Port availability varies all of the time and no FAQ can deal with such questions. As some ISPs have 'reserved' blocks of ports different answers from different ISPs will often be the case.

Your questions are pre-sales questions which will be answered by appropriate personnel.

spmika

Post by spmika » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:05 pm

Thanks and point taken.

Cheers

Steven

missmileydiva

Post by missmileydiva » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:09 pm

yes i too would like to see some improvements lower processing time of applications, payments automatically processed with a receipt, notification of delivery time via email etc.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:18 pm

missmileydiva wrote:yes i too would like to see some improvements lower processing time of applications, payments automatically processed with a receipt, notification of delivery time via email etc.
As far as I know everything you ask about is already done - except provisioning times over which Exetel has no control.

Could you be more specific?

missmileydiva

Post by missmileydiva » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:38 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
missmileydiva wrote:yes i too would like to see some improvements lower processing time of applications, payments automatically processed with a receipt, notification of delivery time via email etc.
As far as I know everything you ask about is already done - except provisioning times over which Exetel has no control.

Could you be more specific?
I have ordered a sim for a usb modem on a plan> I already have the modem that i am intending on using the sim in, However I am still waiting for my card to be debited for the inital fee, and i am also wanting to know when sim will be delivered and if it can be couriered over tommorrow.