VOIP While spam blocked on Naked Plans

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
giliakis

VOIP While spam blocked on Naked Plans

Post by giliakis » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:27 pm

I understand why the spam block is necessary, at the moment I'm going thru my computers with a fine tooth comb making sure any possible threats are neutralised, but I have a suggestion that would make things a LOT easier for many people:

Would it be possible to NOT block VOIP ports so that it is still possible to use our phone while waiting the three + hours for the service to become available again.

If there was an emergency and someone needed to call me, or I needed to call them, I would hate to be offline when this happened.

What are people's thoughts on this?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: VOIP While spam blocked on Naked Plans

Post by jokiin » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:58 pm

giliakis wrote:I understand why the spam block is necessary, at the moment I'm going thru my computers with a fine tooth comb making sure any possible threats are neutralised, but I have a suggestion that would make things a LOT easier for many people:

Would it be possible to NOT block VOIP ports so that it is still possible to use our phone while waiting the three + hours for the service to become available again.

If there was an emergency and someone needed to call me, or I needed to call them, I would hate to be offline when this happened.

What are people's thoughts on this?
I think it's a valid idea, not sure how easily it could be implemented but the idea has merit nonetheless

DylanF
Exetel Staff

Post by DylanF » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:46 pm

Technically speaking, connection could be allowed to the Exetel SIP server address (Sip1.exetel.com.au).

I am not sure if a decision on this has been made yet or not, so I will see what I can find out.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:43 am

Great suggestion, although I have never been blocked for SPAM I can certainly see the sense in allowing VoIP access. Let's hope Exetel agree and implement that idea.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM