Increase Web Space

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
dean_goddard

Increase Web Space

Post by dean_goddard » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:10 am

Hi,

I'm a C# developer and am currently moonlighting - that is I get home and cut code on my personal projects using ideas from and resolving issues to real world (paid work) scenario's. Ideally it would be great to have a common web FTP site aka yours, instead of tunnelling into my home PC from work. But the 200MB web space limit you impose is now getting a bit girlie. Not that there is anything wrong with being a girl.

Has there been any consideration to increasing this tiny limit for residential plans? I understand there are other FREE sites namely Skydrive with 5GB of web space, but one can't seemlessly and directly access them eg: FTP - you have to go via the web page and then there are limits like 50MB chunks etc.

I'd be prepared to pay an extra $5 per month for 5GB of web space or preferably, have my download limit reduced for 5GB of free web space.

Cheers,

Dean

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Increase Web Space

Post by Dazzled » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:06 am

Why don't you ask your boss? I allowed space for my programming staff to do their own thing in. It didn't cost much more than a little disk space and a bit of traffic, and it's good staff relations. Sometimes the firm gets back a more direct benefit. It should be securely segregated from the company directories.

I don't know what you are doing, but 200MB isn't bad for prototyping.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:06 am

The current 200 mb used to be 60 mb and was increased around 12 months ago.

In terms of increasing it further - that isn't being considered.

dean_goddard

Post by dean_goddard » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:33 am

Thanks anyways...

:)