Tantrum Clause

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
austdata

Tantrum Clause

Post by austdata » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:39 pm

Can Exetel add a Tantrum Clause to the terms & Conditions?

Something like: "Anyone deemed to have thrown a tantrum on Exetel's Forum or any other directly associated Exetel communications shall, at the sole discretion of Exetel, be banned from using that communication system for 1 month for a first offence, 2 months fir a second offence and 3 months for a third. After which any additional breach of this condition may incur a permanent ban. This includes, but not limited to, support e-mails. Exetel shall be a judge of fact in determining what constitutes a tantrum."

Can I also have permission to reproduce it in my own T&C's?

Cheers,

Mike
The views I present here are not necessarily those from my brain.
Exetel's support number outside Sydney: 1300 788 141 NOTE: I do not work for Exetel.

James D

Re: Tantrum Clause

Post by James D » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:49 am

While it is an interesting thought, no matter where you go or what you do, if it be in this industry or any other service industry in the world they will be there.

Mixer

Post by Mixer » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:52 pm

Mike, I rather like the idea of a Tantrum clause.
I ran a business for 15 years and we never published a rate card, everything was POA.
If the customer was a pain in the skids I would just up the rate.
Funnily enough the worst one's didn't get the hint, but the dosh made it a little easier to cope with them.
RAND-NBN50- ZTE H268A

austdata

Post by austdata » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:54 pm

Mixer wrote:Funnily enough the worst one's didn't get the hint, but the dosh made it a little easier to cope with them.
I like! I like very much!!! :mrgreen:
Exetel's support number outside Sydney: 1300 788 141 NOTE: I do not work for Exetel.

dbr

Post by dbr » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:39 pm

So is this an tantrum thread :roll: about tantrums :P
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

austdata

Post by austdata » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:14 pm

James D wrote:While it is an interesting thought, no matter where you go or what you do, if it be in this industry or any other service industry in the world they will be there.
I just don't want them in "my" part of the service industry. :mrgreen:

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:26 pm

austdata wrote:
James D wrote:While it is an interesting thought, no matter where you go or what you do, if it be in this industry or any other service industry in the world they will be there.
I just don't want them in "my" part of the service industry. :mrgreen:
they're in every industry unfortunately

tin

Post by tin » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:28 am

austdata wrote:Can Exetel add a Tantrum Clause to the terms & Conditions?
Can I also have permission to reproduce it in my own T&C's?
Wait.... I see what's going on here... Get your own damn legal advice :mrgreen:

Seriously though, I don't see the point though. Most of the time people rant, whinge or "throw a tantrum" because they are incredibly frustrated. Frustrating them more is not a good thing to do.
I would also like to point out that most people here will have at some time become frustrated with a business over something, and probably went a little bit "mental" at someone over it. Even the OP can probably think of a time he/she had a bit of a control-loss over something not really that important in the scheme of things.
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:53 pm

Re foot stamping and other trantrum-like behaviour on the Forum, Admins may remind posters of the Forum Posting Rules.

If bad behaviour continues we have been known to have a quiet word, imposed a short ban, or removed posting privileges altogether as a last resort. Generally, though, I could count on one hand the number of times this has been necessary over the 5 years I have been an Admin. This is a very friendly and extremely helpful Forum, thanks to the many, many customers who give freely of their time and expertise :D .

Cheers

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Munka

Post by Munka » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:25 pm

Gidget wrote:Re foot stamping and other trantrum-like behaviour on the Forum, Admins may remind posters of the Forum Posting Rules.

If bad behaviour continues we have been known to have a quiet word, imposed a short ban, or removed posting privileges altogether as a last resort. Generally, though, I could count on one hand the number of times this has been necessary over the 5 years I have been an Admin. This is a very friendly and extremely helpful Forum, thanks to the many, many customers who give freely of their time and expertise :D .

Cheers

Gidget
Bring back breath holding...indefinitely, I say :D
5 years Gidget? Lordy, the AI is obviously correct, what is it? "Gidget has the patience of a saint" :lol:
Munka

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:32 pm

Munka wrote:Bring back breath holding...indefinitely, I say :D
5 years Gidget? Lordy, the AI is obviously correct, what is it? "Gidget has the patience of a saint" :lol:
I've lasted the distance because 99.9% of posters are nice :D The 0.1% have taught me to draw a deep breath and not post a reply in haste that I might later regret :wink:

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

austdata

Post by austdata » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:51 pm

It's only the extreme caese I'd like to shove-off so I could probably use similar T&C's to the Exetel forum's. In truth, there are no problem posters on my forum - yet. :wink:

missmileydiva

Post by missmileydiva » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:17 pm

If bad behaviour continues we have been known to have a quiet word, imposed a short ban, or removed posting privileges altogether as a last resort.

Maybe a detention? :P