VOIP call forwarding

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
kevii

VOIP call forwarding

Post by kevii » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:53 pm

I can login to my online Engin account and forward my incoming VOIP calls to any normal landline, for free. As I now move around a lot, this is a must-have for me because I do not have to be online to receive my VOIP calls.

Support tells me I can't do that with Exetel except through hardware, but that defeats the purpose for me.

I want to get calls while I am not online and Engin's call forward does that beautifully. I only need to connect when I make calls.

Any chance of adding that service, Exetel? Pretty Please???

Cheers,
Kevii

JasonM

Re: VOIP call forwarding

Post by JasonM » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:05 pm

kevii wrote:I can login to my online Engin account and forward my incoming VOIP calls to any normal landline, for free. As I now move around a lot, this is a must-have for me because I do not have to be online to receive my VOIP calls.

Support tells me I can't do that with Exetel except through hardware, but that defeats the purpose for me.

I want to get calls while I am not online and Engin's call forward does that beautifully. I only need to connect when I make calls.

Cheers,
Kevii
This would require modification to the VoIP server configuration, and website. As such it may not be immediately implemented.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:10 am

JasonM wrote:
kevii wrote:I can login to my online Engin account and forward my incoming VOIP calls to any normal landline, for free. As I now move around a lot, this is a must-have for me because I do not have to be online to receive my VOIP calls.

Cheers,
Kevii
This would require modification to the VoIP server configuration, and website. As such it may not be immediately implemented.
having a redirect option available at the server end would be a nice to have though, hopefully something that might be implemented down the track

kevii

Post by kevii » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:38 am

I think it is a really great service and I thank you for considering it.

Will wait with bated breath! :lol:

Thanks
Kevii

hornet48

Post by hornet48 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:32 am

kevii wrote:I think it is a really great service and I thank you for considering it.
I agree.

Having a "call forward" capability for our DIDs would be a definite improvement to the service.

(In fact I have had to go to another VSP just to get that service for my son-in-law, so that he can receive calls on his mobile phone when he is not at home).

As there must be others in a similar situation to him, I reckon it would also be a great revenue earner for Exetel.

Regards,

H.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:00 pm

hornet48 wrote: As there must be others in a similar situation to him, I reckon it would also be a great revenue earner for Exetel.

Regards,

H.
agree, plenty of people would rather pay to have a call redirect to another number rather just go to voicemail, I know I do it often with other VSP's, something I would do with Exetel also if it were doable

bilal

Post by bilal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:18 pm

Just wanted to "me too".

oldman

Post by oldman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:49 pm

+1

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:03 pm

We are goind to do some testing before releasing this new feature. If there is no problem during testing, we will make it avaiable on member's facilities.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:10 pm

raymond wrote:We are goind to do some testing before releasing this new feature. If there is no problem during testing, we will make it avaiable on member's facilities.
good stuff, look forward to be able to divert my home number, happy to pay for the calls for the convenience of being able to do so :)

kevii

Post by kevii » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:27 pm

jok11n wrote:good stuff, look forward to be able to divert my home number, happy to pay for the calls for the convenience of being able to do so :)
Shhhh... Engin and Pennytel do not charge...

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:40 pm

I'm not sure on how Exetel is implementing it.
The call charges on a forwarded call result from the network being called 'accepting it' and then another call being made from Exetel to the new number.

So, the caller is charged if Exetel's server answers the call, and Exetel would be creating a new call when sending it to the new number.

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:16 pm

Call forward is same as making an outgoing calls. We will charge for normal rates. The only free call is that you forward from one Exetel VIOP to another Exetel VOIP.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:17 pm

kevii wrote:
jok11n wrote:good stuff, look forward to be able to divert my home number, happy to pay for the calls for the convenience of being able to do so :)
Shhhh... Engin and Pennytel do not charge...
I meant redirecting to another number which is charged, if I were directing to another Exetel VoIP number then that would be an Exetel to Exetel call which should be free, diverting to an off network number should be at the prevailing rate, just like it is with Pennytel

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:18 pm

raymond wrote:The only free call is that you forward from one Exetel VIOP to another Exetel VOIP.
Even that will come in handy, particularly for the DID associated with the HSPA accounts