VOIP call forwarding

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
kevii

Re: VOIP call forwarding

Post by kevii » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:53 pm

loudon wrote:So where do you make the setting (for call forwarding)?

H.
Login to your User Facilities, click VOIP, Change, Configure.

loudon

Post by loudon » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:31 pm

kevii wrote:Login to your User Facilities, click VOIP, Change, Configure.
Thanks!

H.

bowjjj

Post by bowjjj » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:07 am

Hi, I can't get call forward to work for either of our exetel voip numbers.
I've tried all the ideas in this thread. I emailed support last Friday and no answer yet.
I tried the internatioal format 612xxxxxxxx for numbers etc. I waited atleast an hour to try
after changes. Each of the numbers do work on a softphone. I've tried diverting to our mobiles
and also the Mynetfone voip number I want to divert to. When I have a softphone running with the number
registered, the softphone rings fine . When the softphone is off I get a long delay and then an engaged tone.
So, no success so far... Anyone with any new ideas?
Thanks, Jim

bilal

Post by bilal » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:15 am

bowjjj wrote:When I have a softphone running with the number registered, the softphone rings fine . When the softphone is off I get a long delay and then an engaged tone.
Which softphone are you calling? Which softphone rings when you call it? Is diversion switched on at that time? Your scenario description is unclear!

bowjjj

Post by bowjjj » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:53 am

Hi Bilal, Short of writing a book length description of all I've tried-
To confirm that the Exetel voip service we have works, I tried using the Xlite softphone downloaded
from exetel. I suspect the supplied Xlite may not work( for receiving calls ) as it doesn't have the G729 codec . As per other
forums I think you need to be using g729 to receive calls but you can make calls using any supported codec.
I've mainly been using Xpro as it has the g729 codec . I've tried about 10 different softphones to test for call quality and
found Xpro about the best .
So I have Xpro running on our main computer with the Exetel voip number registered and active. We can call out from it and receive
via it, so I can see when someone ring to that number. It was our old PSTN number that was ported over to voip a few weeks ago. Last night I
changed the "diverted to" number to my mobile number, but no change- When Xpro is running and active on the computer
( and I ring our old number ) it rings, so obviously the voip number is active and working. When I use the member facilities
to divert it, I get a long pause ( when calling from another phone- I've tried a few other phones...) then an engage tone, so I'm gathering
either divert doesn't work or can't find the number it's looking for . As per previos post I've tried the format suggested in the
member facilities and also the international format.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks, Jim

bilal

Post by bilal » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:39 pm

bowjjj wrote:I suspect the supplied Xlite may not work( for receiving calls ) as it doesn't have the G729 codec . As per other
forums I think you need to be using g729 to receive calls but you can make calls using any supported codec.
I've mainly been using Xpro as it has the g729 codec . I've tried about 10 different softphones to test for call quality and
found Xpro about the best .
I didn't think that the absence of a g729-capable (soft/hard)phone would cause problems, but anyway, good to see it's working... it shouldn't make a difference for the problems below.
Last night I changed the "diverted to" number to my mobile number, but no change-
Where is this "diverted to" setting? In the soft phone? Or...? I wouldn't think that diverting from anywhere other than through member facilities would work.
When I use the member facilities to divert it, I get a long pause ( when calling from another phone- I've tried a few other phones...) then an engage tone, so I'm gathering either divert doesn't work or can't find the number it's looking for . As per previos post I've tried the format suggested in the
Hmm, interesting. Perhaps Exetel has overlooked fixing / modifying call diversion to support ported numbers...

bowjjj

Post by bowjjj » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:08 pm

Where is this "diverted to" setting? In the soft phone? Or...? I wouldn't think that diverting from anywhere other than through member facilities would work.
When I use the member facilities to divert it, I get a long pause ( when calling from another phone- I've tried a few other phones...) then an engage tone, so I'm gathering either divert doesn't work or can't find the number it's looking for . As per previos post I've tried the format suggested in the
Hmm, interesting. Perhaps Exetel has overlooked fixing / modifying call diversion to support ported numbers...[/quote]

I think they've just forgoten me... We have 2 exetel voip numbers ( one previous we've had for a bit and one that is our old PSTN number that's just been ported to voip ) Both have the same "problems" . They both work fine via a softphone, but can't be diverted to any other number via the members facitlity ( select voip, change voip services > configue> then put the "divert to number" in. Maybe I'm missing something but I've tried a lot of options. Even read the instructions first...
Blocked calls works...
See ya Jim

bilal

Post by bilal » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:12 pm

bowjjj wrote:I think they've just forgoten me... We have 2 exetel voip numbers ( one previous we've had for a bit and one that is our old PSTN number that's just been ported to voip ) Both have the same "problems" . They both work fine via a softphone, but can't be diverted to any other number via the members facitlity ( select voip, change voip services > configue> then put the "divert to number" in. Maybe I'm missing something but I've tried a lot of options. Even read the instructions first...
Blocked calls works...
See ya Jim
Ah, so you've also tried a 'standard' voip number. I really think this is an issue for tech-support to help solve. Last I tried it did work. Can't be bothered trying now. Last I did, it took too long to de/activate. I remember one of the developers (or someone) said it will be made (or allowed to be?) quicker once the feature is fully tested. Backburner issue, perhaps.

zencloud

Post by zencloud » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:22 am

When a forwarding number is assigned in the Member Facilities:
Line free --> call not forwarded and rings through normally.
Line busy --> call forwarded.
Line unregistered --> no ring and the call times out, after this a ghost call is forwarded with the correct caller ID but no caller.

Forwarding when the line is unregistered should work the same as when the line is busy.

William M

Post by William M » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:17 pm

I'm currently looking into this issue.

Cheers Will

William M

Post by William M » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:30 pm

I've tested the call forwarding, but cannot replicate the issue that you have described.

You'll need to PM me your service number, the VOIP number and the forwarding number set.

Cheers Will

William M

Post by William M » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:30 pm

Can you also provide the ticket number?

Cheers Will

zencloud

Post by zencloud » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:29 pm

I spoke too soon. After further testing the 'ghost forwarding' I described only occurs in a three minute window after the modem (Billion 7404VGPX) is turned off, some kind of timeout apparently. This doesn't happen when SIP is unregistered in the modem settings and the modem restarted, only when a registered SIP connection is unceremoniously disconnected. After the three minute timeout forwarding works as expected. A bit weird but no big deal.