VOIP call forwarding

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: VOIP call forwarding

Post by Gidget » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:34 pm

bilal wrote:Immediate observations:
* The UI needs some desperate work.
Do you mean where you set it up in the User Facilities? It seems functional to me, notwithstanding that "Starndard VOIP Call Charge Apply" should rather say "Standard VOIP Call Charges Apply", and that "divert to voicemail" probably can't be selected at the same time as "call forward" (unless a precedence is established that "call forward" kicks in first and, if that is unsuccessful for any reason, then "divert to voicemail" kicks in).
* [Probably unrelated] Shouldn't there be a way to specify timeout before "does not answer" kicks in?
Agreed.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

bilal

Post by bilal » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:41 pm

JasonM wrote:I thought it was intended to divert calls, unconditionally (regardless of phone / ATA state), so a timeout doesn't really apply.
That's true, I guess.

I was probably thinking about "call forward on no answer" or someone mentioned something above about voicemail timeout being so long.

A suggestion on the setup, which obviously might be impossible or difficult due to technical reasons, something like this:

Code: Select all

Voicemail Email:     [___________________]
[ ] Immediate (All Calls)
    (*) Voicemail
    ( ) Alternative Number: [___________] (always enabled to remember last setting used)
[ ] Busy (disabled if immediate is ticked)
    (*) Voicemail
    ( ) Alternative Number: [___________] (always enabled to remember last setting used)
[ ] No Answer (disabled if immediate is ticked)
    (*) Voicemail

JasonM wrote: ATAs have call forwarding abilities built in to some.

What work does the UI need in your opinion?
I'm using FireFox 3

I think the top of the "Voice Mail:" label should align to the top, or to the bottom of the same line as its associated checkbox.
Same with "Call Forward:", "Vmail:" and their associated textfields.

The way the explanations wrap probably could do with line separation or indentation away form the left margin.

Small typo: "Starndard"

Having said that, I have a very bad eye for design (design skills / talent = zero ) - but I did go"huh?" for a sec when I first saw it, so not sure if that's anything to go by.

Regards,
bilal

thiagomaia

Post by thiagomaia » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:02 pm

Hello

Thanks for post here your issues. We are working in all cases posted. We will post update here ASAP.

thanks

Thiago Maia

thiagomaia

Post by thiagomaia » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:18 pm

Hello

We need to make more some tests, but should work call forward when voip is offline.
We need to fix more some things when voip is online and just didnt pickup.
When you make a change in callforward will take around 1 hour to apply (just for while, after should be quickly)
Monday we restart development -)

thanks

Thiago Maia

Matty5700

Post by Matty5700 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:15 am

thiagomaia wrote: We need to make more some tests, but should work call forward when voip is offline.
We need to fix more some things when voip is online and just didnt pickup.
When you make a change in callforward will take around 1 hour to apply (just for while, after should be quickly)
I tested last night and call forward doesnt work when the phone is offline, left it for over 8 hours (went to work).

Matt.

bilal

Post by bilal » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:21 pm

I put in a mobile number, in 04xxxxxxxx format, and when I called the home phone (later, when it seemingly kicked in), and tried calling it with a different mobile phone (other than the one entered) the message said something like:

"Optus advises that the number you have dialled is incomplete or incorrect"

I'm assuming somethings wrong with the way the forwarding number is being composed?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:23 am

bilal wrote:I put in a mobile number, in 04xxxxxxxx format, and when I called the home phone (later, when it seemingly kicked in), and tried calling it with a different mobile phone (other than the one entered) the message said something like:

I'm assuming somethings wrong with the way the forwarding number is being composed?
if you put the number in as 614xxxxxxxx does it work then?

bilal

Post by bilal » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:53 am

jok11n wrote:
bilal wrote:I put in a mobile number, in 04xxxxxxxx format, and when I called the home phone (later, when it seemingly kicked in), and tried calling it with a different mobile phone (other than the one entered) the message said something like:

if you put the number in as 614xxxxxxxx does it work then?
Couldn't be bothered trying last night because it took so long to kick in. Will see how it goes today.

Although the help text does say "e.g. 0291234567", so clearly something does need to be fixed.

bilal

Post by bilal » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:14 pm

the 614... method works. May be someone fixed it, or it's the only one - it's been a while since I switched on the diversion.

The number that appears on the phone is some other local number: 0280036300. I get a nice Asterisk message saying the user's mailbox can't accept more messages, without any ringing. I imagine that to be an unintended conseuqence....

I guess it should either:
1) display the original caller's number if it isn't silent, or
2) no number at all, or
3) the called number (at least it will give clue to a diverted call)

kevii

Post by kevii » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:22 am

What has happened to the rewrite of this feature? When will it be available and working?

Kevin

kevii

Post by kevii » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:09 am

Bump???

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:55 pm

I will have it fixed tomorrow.

thiagomaia

Post by thiagomaia » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:19 am

Hello

Please have a try now. When callforward is setted, all calls go to forward destination number.

thanks

Thiago Maia
maia@exetel.com.au

kevii

Post by kevii » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:11 pm

It works for me now. All good! Thank you!!!

I called my DID while connected to HSPA and again while disconnected and it forwarded correctly to a normal Telstra landline both times.

I hope some of the features mentioned earlier can now be added. But don't break it!

Kevin

loudon

Post by loudon » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:31 pm

So where do you make the setting (for call forwarding)?

H.