Telstra ADSL2+ will exetel resell?

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
CordlezToaster

Telstra ADSL2+ will exetel resell?

Post by CordlezToaster » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:23 pm

G`Day

Let me start by saying i have been a very happy exetel customer for 2-3 years now.
I live in Rosebud Victoria and currently our exchange is not enabled for for ADSL2+ with any of the private mobs but it is enabled for ADSL2+ with Telstra.
Having a look around i noticed that beagle internet are doing ADSL2+ plans with telstra.
Im wondering if exetel could prehaps resell the telstra ADSL2+ network?, the plan that looks promising to me is the ADSL2+ 50gb for $84.95.

I know its a long shot but netspace have already reported they cannot upgrade the rosebud exchange becuase of limited space meaning telstra have to build a skyscraper in order for netspace to move in.

JasonM

Re: Telstra ADSL2+ will exetel resell?

Post by JasonM » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:31 pm

Exetel is not offering ADSL2+ via Telstra Wholesale.

CordlezToaster

Post by CordlezToaster » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:32 pm

JasonM wrote:Exetel is not offering ADSL2+ via Telstra Wholesale.
I take that as a flat out no it will not happen?

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:37 pm

Exetel offers services for the lowest prices possible (as repeatedly stated by ForumAdmin).
Telstra's ADSL2+ products conflict with offering the lowest prices possible.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:30 pm

whilst in theory what you are saying is correct JasonM in reality if someone lives in an area that Telstra is the only supplier of ADSL2+ then even exetel wholesaling telstra's overinflated prices is going to be cheaper or if not cheaper better value then getting it directly form telstra. Otherwise we are back where we were a few years ago when bigpond was selling broadband cheaper to customers then what they were wholesaling it to ISP's.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:20 pm

It is not going to happen. Even though there are some people (like yourself) that would be willing to use Exetel resold Telstra ADSL2+ services if they existed, such services are not in line with Exetel's business or pricing strategy. The issue has been raised before and due to Telstra's pricing and since other ISPs already offer resold Telstra ADSL2+, there is no room for Exetel to distinguish into this already crowded market sector.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:57 pm

I don't really want to start a new thread. My exchange BURWOOD(vic) only recentley saw adsl2+ access from isps other than telstra. iinet offer it and soon will tpg.
Is burwood exchange exclusive to telstra?
Im currently on adsl1 with exetel and im quite happy with it. But i will probably switch to tpg when adsl2 becomes available from them.
Does exetel have any plans to offer adsl2 on my exchange?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:59 am

Exetel do not control which exchanges are upgraded; they simply provide services for exchanges with Optus (for Naked and bundled) or selected Powertel (for unbundled) infrastructure.

From http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/viewex ... hange=BURW, Burwood has no Optus infrastructure, and I'm assuming that unbundled Exetel services are unavailable to you, as checked by the availability checker (http://sq.exetel.com.au/cgi-bin/adsl2_nf_no_phone.pl). There are also no ETAs or announcements indicating when (and if) Optus or Powertel may upgrade their infrastructure in Burwood.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:33 pm

Magnus wrote:I don't really want to start a new thread. My exchange BURWOOD(vic) only recentley saw adsl2+ access from isps other than telstra. iinet offer it and soon will tpg.
Im currently on adsl1 with exetel and im quite happy with it. But i will probably switch to tpg when adsl2 becomes available from them.
Have you tried the Powertel number checker?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:25 am

Magnus wrote:I don't really want to start a new thread. My exchange BURWOOD(vic) only recentley saw adsl2+ access from isps other than telstra. iinet offer it and soon will tpg.
When IINET offer it, you can use Exetel as AAPT/Powertel have a reciprocal agreement with IINET to use their DSLAMS.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:31 pm

James wrote:When IINET offer it, you can use Exetel as AAPT/Powertel have a reciprocal agreement with IINET to use their DSLAMS.
Is this true? Because Exetel used to actively avoid iiNet infrastructure due to provisioning issues (i.e. http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 77#p228670)

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:44 pm

Thanks for all the replys.
ForumAdmin wrote: Have you tried the Powertel number checker?
Where is the powertel number checker?

Mike Agent N040

Post by Mike Agent N040 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:54 pm

I'd be a little surprised if Exetel was to resell Telstra's ADS2, given the problems they've had with ADSL1 speeds sometimes being capped at 3mbps.
Exetel Agent N040
http://auzzie.net/cccweb

sable

Post by sable » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:12 pm

Magnus wrote:Thanks for all the replys.
ForumAdmin wrote: Have you tried the Powertel number checker?
Where is the powertel number checker?
http://sq.exetel.com.au/cgi-bin/adsl2_nf_no_phone.pl