Is my plan still available?

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
benthomas

Is my plan still available?

Post by benthomas » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:18 pm

Hi,

I'm on naked ADSL2 in Melbourne. I have been for almost two years now and it's been great. I have recommended Exetel to two friends who have also signed up and am in the process of recommending it to other friends although I need to find out if it's still a good deal.

When I signed up, I got a free VOIP number, 100 local call and like 20 SMS' or something along those lines. There was also a host of other things that were included. At the moment I pay $50 and get 18gb/54Gb. It's easily one of the best deals going around. Hence why I want to recommend it to a friend.

However, it doesn't seem like this sort of deal is around any more and if you sign up to naked ADSL2 that's all you get, no voip or anything else. Is this the case?

How much is a voip number on top of the naked ADSL plan? Do you get any amount of free calls? It seems things aren't as good a value as they used to be.

Any info on this would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Is my plan still available?

Post by Dazzled » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:58 pm

No, the old plans are no more. A VoIP service on top is free of fixed charges, but all calls are charged on the current ADSL2 plans. ADSL1 plans still have the extras.

For low level downloaders with heavy VoIP usage (ie the ones who got their $10 worth), the total cost is dearer. High downloaders find it works out cheaper. Do your sums because the surcharge fee is much less, so you might deliberately set out to pay surcharges.