8mb speed plan

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
ForumAdmin

Re: 8mb speed plan

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:31 am

I'm not sure what I can add to what has already been said.

The BASE cost of the port rental only (no connectivity cost/No IP) is within a couple of dollars of $A60.00 per month (to Exetel).

Adding some traffic into our current base price means that we sell this service speed at a loss.

Charging 50 cents per gb allows a user to choose their level of download to suit each individual's needs without making the loss even larger and if they download enough we would break even.

Telstra's ability to deliver a reasonable speed over this service remains variable in over 400 exchanges and that causes a disproportionate amount of customer unhappiness - and despite what you say - many of those customers are totally unreasonable and end up costing Exetel even more losses.

I just don't see a way forward with these constraints.

Perhaps you could point me to a competitor's plan that you believe would meet your needs?

pinoyako07

Post by pinoyako07 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:49 am

I have done a little research, and so far i have found this provider the cheapest for a lot of data.

http://www.interwerks.net.au/resbroadband.html

In short,

For a 8mbit plan, they are selling 15G peak, (12noon-2am) 50G off peak, (2am-12noon). So a total of 65G for $75. But, this plan is for non shapping therefore its $5/G over.

To churn it will cost $39
Contract is for 6months (ADSL)
Early termination is $100, (same as exetel)

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:01 pm

Interwerks buys ADSL services from Exetel.

I don't know whether they buy them from anyone else in addition to Exetel.

LordS

Post by LordS » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:10 pm

since the removal of the free addons, I'm essentially paying $85 for 90GB data which puts it pretty close to your current model of 100GB for $100 =/

oligo

Post by oligo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:17 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:Adding some traffic into our current base price means that we sell this service speed at a loss. .... I just don't see a way forward with these constraints.
I wasn't suggesting to add traffic in for nothing more so just adding in "No charge off peak" (acceptible user policy) like your other value added adsl1 plans eg $5/mth extra so total cost of $65/mth, and leave the peak at 6Gb/mth + $0.5/gb extra (peak). This would allow users to download more in off peak periods when speeds are generally slower anyway and exetel wouldn't loose money during peak period as it is a user pays system. Would $5/mth not cover the average users additional off peak bandwidth over 12gb/mth?

Aquard

Post by Aquard » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:58 pm

Yay! I have put in a request to change to the new 8mb plan :D