High usage plans a possibility?

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
BaronVonMerx

High usage plans a possibility?

Post by BaronVonMerx » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:39 pm

Hello Exetel!
I used to be a very happy customer of yours about a year-and-a-half back, but unfortunately when I moved into a large share-house I had to chuck in for the provider they were already with. I was just wondering if a large (200+GB) plan could potentially exist with your exceptional crew one day. I live in a mansion with 13 people, 2 of which work at home as web/software developers and use serious amounts of dl/ul, as well as a magazine publisher who spews images massive all over the net. The naughty kids managed to use our 75gig peak and most of our offpeak within 9 days of our usage month! Normally I would have considered a business plan or some such with any company that had the usage, but honestly I'm not really interested in the other organisations, as I believe exetel is more "human" (not to mention better value!) than the competition.

I understand that we could have additional lines/plans, but as I pay the house bills, the fewer the better. Plus, I've always been under the impression that buying in bulk is the cheaper way of doing things.

Keep up the good work guys... I miss you!

Warm regards,
The Baron.

P.S if you do have any recommendations as to what I could do, they would be most welcome!
I currently use iinet - naked home 6 (ADSL2) - 75gig on + 75gig off @ $120pm

I dream of 200gig for $150!

sable

Re: High usage plans a possibility?

Post by sable » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:15 pm

NF/23NoTel $60.00 No Line Needed $60.00 70 gbytes + $0.50/GB thereafter 60 gbytes + $0.50/GB thereafter
This is the largest naked plan.

However noving from iinet will involve some downtime I believe, codes need to be removed before Exetel application made and phone line needs to transferred to Telstra.

BaronVonMerx

Post by BaronVonMerx » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:14 am

The downtime is a problem, not to mention the possible problems with iinet using some potentially non-telstra infrastructure vibes. What we're really looking for is a plan that is around the 100gb + 100gb mark. 12 people = a lot of usage!

Col

Post by Col » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:41 pm

You can get 100+100 for $95 a month when excess usage is factored in.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:54 pm

Or you could apply for a second phone line and get a second Exetel ADSL service to double your quota?
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au