link SMS by web/exeSMS to Mobile plan

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
20mikemike

link SMS by web/exeSMS to Mobile plan

Post by 20mikemike » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:24 am

Apparently free SMS won't be included in ADSL plans from March. As I much prefer sending SMS by the web or the application instead of my dinky little phone, would it be possible to bill these to my mobile 10 plan?

melanieb
Exetel Staff

Re: link SMS by web/exeSMS to Mobile plan

Post by melanieb » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:47 am

20mikemike wrote:Apparently free SMS won't be included in ADSL plans from March. As I much prefer sending SMS by the web or the application instead of my dinky little phone, would it be possible to bill these to my mobile 10 plan?
Hi Mike,

The facility to use SMS will still be available - it's just that you will not receive any free SMS with your plan. We will be offering added value plans for SMS, eg pay $1/month for 30 SMS - and then pay 5c/SMS after that.
Charges for this will be added to your ADSL monthly bill.

When using the exesms app on your phone, charges for this will be added to your bill.

Melanie

20mikemike

Re: link SMS by web/exeSMS to Mobile plan

Post by 20mikemike » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:37 am

I understand I will still be able to send SMS via the web, but I'm just saying that I don't want to pay extra, as I'm already paying money on the phone plan for calls and text.

I'll just stick to sending text via my dinky phone, but hopefully it will go down as suggestion noted...