Off Contract - want to resign but can't easily

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
adsa75

Off Contract - want to resign but can't easily

Post by adsa75 » Mon May 10, 2010 4:19 pm

I've been off contract for around 1.5yrs now and my old plan keeps getting changed and services reduced/modified.

So, with the new plans now on offer, I'd like to re sign into one of them. But no! In order to do this Exetel tell me I've got to cancel my existing service and re apply!

Quote from an email from Sales - "At the moment it is not possible to directly transfer to the OTB plan. If you need to change to this plan, the only option available at the moment, is to terminate your existing service and apply for a new Bundled ADSL2+ service."

How hard can it really be to allow me to say, please Exetel let me sign a new contract for 12 months (OTB) and be done with it. Why would I risk terminating my current service to wait 7-10 days (also stated in an email) for reconnection to another service offered by the same ISP? And probably at a reconnection cost $$$?

FYI, my current service is INCPHONE Z, 12Gb Peak, 54Gb Offpeak and the new OTB 30Gb anytime would easily meet my needs.

Just thought since this is a Sales Improvement suggestions area I'd raise this as something that Exetel definitely need to look into ASAP.

Ravenous

Re: Off Contract - want to resign but can't easily

Post by Ravenous » Mon May 10, 2010 4:35 pm

http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 40#p275496

See post from ForumAdmin. It will become available to existing customers in due course.

adsa75

Post by adsa75 » Mon May 10, 2010 9:51 pm

Ravenous wrote:http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 40#p275496

See post from ForumAdmin. It will become available to existing customers in due course.
Yet further down the list of that post the ForumAdmin states;
http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 40#p275508

"oldman wrote:
At that time, though, will the current Z plans be withdrawn for existing users to change to?"

No plans to do that - the new plans are aimed at a different market demographic.

And if the OT plans do eventually become available will they then let me sign into a contract without all the hoops to jump through or just transfer?

I think the way they change things I want the security of being in a locked contract, I just don't want to have to terminate in order to get into it.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue May 11, 2010 12:25 pm

adsa75 wrote:
And if the OT plans do eventually become available will they then let me sign into a contract without all the hoops to jump through or just transfer?

I think the way they change things I want the security of being in a locked contract, I just don't want to have to terminate in order to get into it.
When the 'latest' plans become available on the user facilities - before the end of May - it will be a painless transfer.

adsa75

Post by adsa75 » Wed May 12, 2010 12:02 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
adsa75 wrote:

When the 'latest' plans become available on the user facilities - before the end of May - it will be a painless transfer.
But it isn't a painless transfer that I want, I want a painless resigning of a 12 month contract from the user facilities.

Is this likely to be something you guys will add?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed May 12, 2010 12:05 pm

adsa75 wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
adsa75 wrote:

But it isn't a painless transfer that I want, I want a painless resigning of a 12 month contract from the user facilities.

Is this likely to be something you guys will add?
That's what he meant, it will just be a plan change.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Wed May 12, 2010 1:01 pm

James wrote: That's what he meant, it will just be a plan change.
Pretty sure he wants to be "locked in" to that contract so you can't alter his plans for 12 months etc.