ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
Locked
piXelatedEmpire
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:55 pm
Location: Mooroolbark, Vic

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by piXelatedEmpire » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:35 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:Over the weekend we received close to 200 new/churn/current user transfer applications which was a remarkable number and ten times more than we had expected.
Really? Consider that many of us have never had the possibility of a decent ADSL2 service.. I'm not surprised by those numbers, offer a good product, people will purchase it 8)

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Tazz wrote: For all other services it remains at 1st of the month following the change plan submission.
So we will be switched over to ADSL2 but will everything else take place on the 1st of the month? like plan charges and any other changes that may also be applicable to the change like download quota's Peak/Offpeak hours etc etc[/quote]

1) The speed will be changed soon after you submit the plan change.

2) Everything else stays the same.

3) On the 1st of the next month your plan details/price will change to your new selected plan.

4) Your down load allowances do not change until the 1st of the next month.

-kevin
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:05 am

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by -kevin » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi,
I have a friend who currently has ADSL2+ with bigpond.
Can they change to Exetel ADSL2+ (via telstra)? Do you know if that could be a churn, or does it have to be a new connection? If it's a new connection I'm guessing that means Bigpond needs to be cancelled first?

I guess I'm asking if Bigpond ADSL2 participates in the churn process.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1989
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by James » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:21 pm

Hi Kevin,

They just need to fill in this form; https://www.exetel.com.au/transfer/resi ... gent_code=

James

JasonM

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by JasonM » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:53 pm

huh? wrote:I do not have anything listed for ADSL1 at all, just the options that I already pasted.
You are already on ADSL2+ via our other supplier - AAPT.

4Mbps down, 768kbps up - I would suggest your current speeds are line length related.

djevoultion
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:42 pm
Location: Australia

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by djevoultion » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:36 am

ForumAdmin wrote: 1) The speed will be changed soon after you submit the plan change.

2) Everything else stays the same.

3) On the 1st of the next month your plan details/price will change to your new selected plan.

4) Your down load allowances do not change until the 1st of the next month.
When can we expect the speed change? I sent my application on the 13th.

Yabbie
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:51 am
Location: Mornington Peninsula (VIC)

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by Yabbie » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:39 am

I checked the change plan thing in my user facilites just a few days ago. To swap to the TE-2D plan was only $10. Now it seems to have magically gone up to $30. What the hell? Am I missing something?

David R
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:39 am
Location: Sydney

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by David R » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:25 am

Deprecated
If I recall right, Exetel were charged $25-per Telstra Wholesale 'Speed change' performed... thus the joys of playing crapshoot on cost.
Last edited by David R on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Vista Ultimate* Billion,7402GL &TP-Link,D-W8920G <Atten(dB)42 @1.9 km>; HTC Kaiser II, WM6; Pre-paid RP2000 (Optus)
200GB@3.1Mbps,$60pm Zone 1+ 2X H-Line Budget; WP Saver VoIP._ 220.233.165.22x; $3,450 revenue: 5 years club.

piXelatedEmpire
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:55 pm
Location: Mooroolbark, Vic

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by piXelatedEmpire » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:20 am

djevoultion wrote:When can we expect the speed change? I sent my application on the 13th.
My speed change has already occurred, was a bit of a surprise when I woke up this morning! I submitted my request on the 15th (Sunday).

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:15 am

piXelatedEmpire wrote:
djevoultion wrote:When can we expect the speed change? I sent my application on the 13th.
My speed change has already occurred, was a bit of a surprise when I woke up this morning! I submitted my request on the 15th (Sunday).
The changes should happen in the following time frames:

1) Current Exetel User Telstra ADSL1 to Telstra ADSL2 - over night in most cases

2) Other ISP Telstra ADSL1 to Exetel Telstra ADSL2 - 1 - 3 working days

3) Other ISP Telstra ADSL2 to Exetel Telstra ADSL2 - 3 - 5 working days.

JasonM

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by JasonM » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:32 am

ForumAdmin wrote:1) Current Exetel User Telstra ADSL1 to Telstra ADSL2 - over night in most cases
I've had a look at some of the orders and can see that port swaps are required to supply ADSL2+ to some of the customers, the dates on the ones I've seen are the 19/08.

Others (as is noted by piXelatedEmpire) have occurred / are occurring overnight.

tin
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Northwest NSW
Contact:

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by tin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:44 am

I was certainly surprised to see we didn't have to wait until the end of the month... Nice.

Now I'm just waiting for it to happen. Double (or more) outbound speed is going to be great!
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

lou20
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:50 pm
Location: albion park rail

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by lou20 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:11 pm

JasonM wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:1) Current Exetel User Telstra ADSL1 to Telstra ADSL2 - over night in most cases
I've had a look at some of the orders and can see that port swaps are required to supply ADSL2+ to some of the customers, the dates on the ones I've seen are the 19/08.

Others (as is noted by piXelatedEmpire) have occurred / are occurring overnight.
Guys is there any changes I have to do at my modem end to get adsl2....It is adsl2 compliant.

I have put my order in on friday...13th

It says in the user facility it is pending...Does this is my order is one that needs a port swap....?

Cheers

Lou

JasonM

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by JasonM » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi Lou,

Your request hasn't made it through for some reason (I've asked the developers to look into why).
The change should happen tomorrow (Telstra have it set for 8am - 12pm tomorrow).

Jason

djevoultion
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:42 pm
Location: Australia

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by djevoultion » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:17 pm

JasonM wrote:Hi Lou,

Your request hasn't made it through for some reason (I've asked the developers to look into why).
The change should happen tomorrow (Telstra have it set for 8am - 12pm tomorrow).

Jason
I also applied at the 13th and in the user facility it says "pending"

Locked