ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
kingy

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by kingy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:54 pm

ohayes wrote:I just got home and the ADSL2+ speed switchover is enabled!
That's an awesome result! So Jealous...
I applied on the 15th, still no action yet.
Any reps able to provide an update on my status?

I'm SOOOOOOO pleased Exetel was finally able to release ADSL2+ plans on Telstra infrastructure (no other options in my area).

Quick question:

Currently my modem syncs at 8Meg with

Loop Att. 10
SNR Margin 19

However, I'm 4.8KM from the exchange.
Does that mean I'm on a RIM or line extender or something?

What approx. ADSL2 speeds should I expect?

Cheers and thanks in advance.
J

karna3

Post by karna3 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:13 pm

I am in Estella Wagga Wagga, I changed plan on 15/08/2010. Nothing has happen so far. Any idea when I will get ADSL2+?

Thanks

satinfo

Post by satinfo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:53 pm

I submitted my change on the 13th to adsl2. any updates? still on adsl1

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:16 pm

satinfo wrote:I submitted my change on the 13th to adsl2. any updates? still on adsl1
you might find when it does go through you need to reboot your router for it to pick up the new settings

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:31 pm

jokiin wrote:
satinfo wrote:I submitted my change on the 13th to adsl2. any updates? still on adsl1
you might find when it does go through you need to reboot your router for it to pick up the new settings
I'm still waiting too, but how will I know that it's gone through to do the router reboot...?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:23 pm

Tazz wrote: I'm still waiting too, but how will I know that it's gone through to do the router reboot...?
I would expect that you'd get some kind of notification email sent although from past experiences at times a job can be completed quite a while before the work order is closed off and the customer (Exetel) notified, once they were notified the job was completed they would in turn notify you, you can reboot your router anytime regardless though

Midnight Rider

Post by Midnight Rider » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:49 pm

I have a question.

I applied in the user facilities to change from 8mb ADSL1 to Telstra ADSL2, and after hitting the Apply button, the check screen appeared with the agreement conditions. I checked them and as everything was in order, I hit the confirm button and the confirmation screen came up, however the final confirmation screen said that I had agreed to enter into a new 12 month contract.

Now there was nothing in any of the preceeding screens about a new 12 month contract, nor is anything like that stated on the main plan page, or the change plan page in the user facilities.

Sooo... what's the deal??? Is this an error that I can ignore? Or is there something you need to tell me?

Also, The plan change page stated $10 for the plan change, but I read earlier in this thread that some people had been told a higher figure. What's the deal there? Is it $10 or something else?

CrackerJak1

Post by CrackerJak1 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:59 am

A few of the details on the 'change over' page are a little confusing, I'm on telstra hardware so the "12 month contract period on the AAPT Based plan" isn't relevant to my change right?

The change from telstra adsl1 to adsl2 only constitutes the $10 speed change fee so why does the 'agreement' at the bottom of the page state a $75 're-location' cost?

"Date You Request to Start Proceeding Of New PTL Service". What is a 'PTL' service? Again is this only relevant to those people on AAPT's hardware?

The first post on this thread should be updated with answers to some of the most asked questions or at least state as many details as possible regarding the details specific to you change over situation. I did read through the entire thread but its easy to miss something when the thread is 19 pages long.

wewak

Post by wewak » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:35 am

Hi. I applied on 16/8 and am still "pending". Just wondered if someone could set my mind at ease that it's going through and an provide an estimated change over date. I am switching from ADSL1.

I'm not posting from my service IP so if you need any info I can PM it.

Ta.

CrackerJak1

Post by CrackerJak1 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:00 am

Ok, so did everyone changing from adsl1 pay the $75 're-location' fee? Seems strange that its not mentioned in any recent posts.......?

wewak

Post by wewak » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:04 am

CrakerJak, it was a $30 "change of speed" charge on my application.

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:07 am

kingy wrote: Does that mean I'm on a RIM or line extender or something?
The preliminary check for your service shows ADSL2+ is not available.
karna3 wrote:I am in Estella Wagga Wagga, I changed plan on 15/08/2010. Nothing has happen so far. Any idea when I will get ADSL2+?
Today, by 12pm.
That's already been done, try rebooting your modem.
Tazz wrote:I'm still waiting too, but how will I know that it's gone through to do the router reboot...?
It should go through tomorrow, bearing in mind your service was the target of manual checks by the supplier - so could easily get rejected.
Midnight Rider wrote:Also, The plan change page stated $10 for the plan change, but I read earlier in this thread that some people had been told a higher figure. What's the deal there? Is it $10 or something else?
The figure is $30, the $10 figure was incorrect, but ForumAdmin has previously noted this would be honoured.
Contract: There is no indication prior to confirming the request in the members area if you are required to enter into a contract.
I'll ask ForumAdmin.
The contract has been confirmed as being 6 months.
CrackerJak1 wrote:A few of the details on the 'change over' page are a little confusing, I'm on telstra hardware so the "12 month contract period on the AAPT Based plan" isn't relevant to my change right?
Note the answer above, however, AAPT details aren't applicable to the ADSL2+ Telstra details, which should have the details disclosed either on the order form for new customers, or in the members area for existing customers.
CrackerJak1 wrote:The change from telstra adsl1 to adsl2 only constitutes the $10 speed change fee so why does the 'agreement' at the bottom of the page state a $75 're-location' cost?
The charge is $30 for the speed change.
I can't see what you are saying: https://www.exetel.com.au/members/chang ... e_plan.php
wewak wrote:I'm not posting from my service IP so if you need any info I can PM it.
Please PM me.

Oddie

Post by Oddie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:16 am

I have applied for ADSL2+ through the new tesltra wholesale deals and its still pending (only did it yesterday so thats cool haha) but I was wondering if there is a way I can check to see if my exchange is enable? Is there a Exetel number check or something I can run through?

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:17 am

Oddie wrote:I have applied for ADSL2+ through the new tesltra wholesale deals and its still pending (only did it yesterday so thats cool haha) but I was wondering if there is a way I can check to see if my exchange is enable? Is there a Exetel number check or something I can run through?
There has never been a public accessible tool for Exetel users to check Telstra infrastructure, mostly because most ADSL1 applications have a high succeed rate.

I can check though, PM the number to me.

djevoultion

Post by djevoultion » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:28 am

You can check at http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/ to see if your exchange is Telstra ADSL2+ Enabled.