ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
ottyacat

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by ottyacat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:21 pm

Tazz wrote:Looks like after I got the Exetel email saying it had failed, Telstra found a way to go ahead and do it anyway....
Thats what it looks like :)

Also if you ordered an ADSL2 plan and it was to fail provisioning you wouldn't be put onto an ADSL1 plan automatically, as you said they are different pricing altogether and not what you agreed to pay for.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:29 pm

ottyacat wrote:As telstra cap all adsl1 8mbit connections to 384.
You are quite right of course re the upload speed - I should have said that the 992 upload speed is the max for an ADSL1 modem, not the max for an 8K service :oops: Thanks for the clarification.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

grendelan

Post by grendelan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:39 pm

My adsl1 line was due to be changed over to adsl2 today. When I got home this afternoon
I had no Internet no sync. I have cycled
Modem but no joy. So I have no net.could this
Be looked at please?

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Ring up Exetel Support (see my sig) and log a fault.

And for other posters ... please start a new thread in the appropriate sub-Forum for support issues. Support requests are off-topic in this thread.

Thanks

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:48 pm

huh? wrote:I am getting a little off track here because, orginally, I was looking at the Telstra ADSL2 plans but, during the course of this thread, have found that I am already on AAPT infrastructure and only have the option of those plans.
YEah. Migrating *away* from AAPT plans requires you to cancel the plan and apply as a new customer. AAPT don't allow the equivalent of "churns"[/quote]
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

cdm

Post by cdm » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:58 pm

I have another question in regard to moving to Naked ADSL...

If I apply to Exetel to move my current ADSL1 account to a Naked ADSL2 account, do I have to cancel my phone account with my current phone provider or does this happen automatically when Exetel change my service to a Naked ADSL2 service?

djevoultion

Post by djevoultion » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:37 pm

outbush wrote:
grasshopper wrote:Ok so i have taken the plunge and put in a change request to move from my TL-C1 (1500\256) plan to the new TE-2D plan.......

However i am hoping that someone can recommend me me some good ADSL2 line filters and where i can get them or if they are all about the same performance wise,....
Try these, ACS901E2+ they work well.
http://www.warcom.com.au/shop/flypage/adslaccess/2270
Thanks for recommending these, just ordered one. :)

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:08 am

cdm wrote:I have another question in regard to moving to Naked ADSL...

If I apply to Exetel to move my current ADSL1 account to a Naked ADSL2 account, do I have to cancel my phone account with my current phone provider or does this happen automatically when Exetel change my service to a Naked ADSL2 service?
The process is that Optus take over possession of the phone line, provision ADSL2+ and then deactivate the dial tone.

Even though this would ordinarily imply that your current phone provider cancels your old account, you should always contact them after cutover to ensure that it has been effected.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Musicinbed

Post by Musicinbed » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:13 am

I submitted my application to change to adsl2+ on the 18th.
My understanding was that my speed may be upgraded early, but I am still on my old plan (quota and peak/offpeak period) for the rest of the month (since it is not a churn but just speed change).

This can't be right as my adsl1 plan (which i am still on, as not connected to adsl2+ yet) has offpeak 12am-12pm.
but on the exetel website, for today, it says 2135mb have been used between 12pm-12am (peak) today on the 21st of august. However, it isn't even 12pm yet! I should still have my "unlimited" offpeak from 12am-12pm.

So what do I do? Can I get that usage changed?.. i dont want to go through support, and I'm not really fussed by the 2.3gb allocated incorrectly. More fussed about not knowing what time is peak and offpeak for the remaining 10 days of my plan! so If I could get some help on this then that'd be great :).

edit: Sounds like other people have experienced this error as well so i'm not fussed. exetel seem to be aware of the issue.
(meaning you can probably ignore my post :D )

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:31 pm

Musicinbed wrote:edit: Sounds like other people have experienced this error as well so i'm not fussed. exetel seem to be aware of the issue.
(meaning you can probably ignore my post :D )
Yep. viewtopic.php?f=303&t=36768 is the main thread on the issue, and it seems to be a known issue

itars

Post by itars » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:00 pm

I applied to upgrade from Exetel's 1500A plan to the TE-2D plan on the 14 Aug and on the 19 Aug received an email stating "Your ADSL speed upgrade is failed due to incompatible speed technical issue. "

I have looked through the forum and seen others with the same email but within a few days have got ADSL2 or upgraded speed. I have tried the resetting of the router just in case I was upgraded - no luck.

On the 20 Aug Exetel sent out an email detailing that ADSL2 is available to those on Telstra exchanges and provided a link to test for ADSL2.

I got the following.

1500 kbps Down/256 kbps Up pass Pass - Product is supported.
8192 kbps Down/384 kbps Up pass Pass - Product is supported.
ADSL2 pass Fail - No ports available - CAN based DSLAM

And the status of my application is inactive.

Does this mean I cannot get ADSL2 and have to wait for a port to become available. Then do I have to reapply to get the spare port or will my current application still stand, and Exetel will check for port availability at random times.

Thanks in advance for your help

ryanb

Post by ryanb » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:13 pm

"ADSL2 pass Fail - No ports available - CAN based DSLAM" - well that solves the mystery why my upgrade failed. I might query the exetel page daily for changes but I have no idea how often or if at all new ports become available.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:48 pm

itars wrote:Then do I have to reapply to get the spare port or will my current application still stand, and Exetel will check for port availability at random times.
You'll need to reapply manually.

itars

Post by itars » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:12 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
itars wrote:Then do I have to reapply to get the spare port or will my current application still stand, and Exetel will check for port availability at random times.
You'll need to reapply manually.
Thanks CoreyPlover for the feedback, that's what I was thinking I would have to do. :(

Angusp

Post by Angusp » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:22 pm

I am transferring from a 1500 plan to a ADSL2+ plan, I lost internet yesterday morning but have had sync (at 1500) the whole time. It's juts a speed change of plans so auth isn't an issue, since it was working on Friday and radius logins show no auths errors.

Every time someone replies to my fault ticket it's a different person who asks me to do an isolation test or to go through the no sync test, probably not reading the whole thread of the ticket which explains multiple times that I have sync and it's not an auth issue.

Could I get someone to look into this for me please? It would be really nice to get the connection back before Monday morning :)