ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
JasonM

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by JasonM » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:31 am

huh? wrote:I realise I am a fair distance away from the exchange....would it make any difference using an ADSL2/+ modem?
Or filters?
It might, it depends on what you have attached right now and your overall line quality and distance.
huh? wrote:But ..... with AAPT no longer in favour....how long will it be until these plans need to be moved elsewhere?
Let Exetel worry about it's wholesale relationship with AAPT Wholesale.
You pay Exetel for your service, it's up to Exetel to supply you that service.
huh? wrote:Would it be worthwhile moving to the Telstra plans anyway?
Or would that cause me to lose my ADSL as Telstra don't partake in the fast churn process?
Moving back would require us to transfer your connection back - there wouldn't be much gain in that, and as above, let Exetel worry about the wholesale relationship with AAPT wholesale.

You should simply pick the plan that meets your cost / usage requirements from those available.

ryan07

Post by ryan07 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:54 am

Looking at the new adsl2+ on the telstra exchange. It now has 50G** peak and 120G off peak. There is no (**) on the 120G off peak quota. Does then mean that if you go over the 120G you wont be charge $1/gb?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:56 am

ryan07 wrote:Looking at the new adsl2+ on the telstra exchange. It now has 50G** peak and 120G off peak. There is no (**) on the 120G off peak quota. Does then mean that if you go over the 120G you wont be charge $1/gb?
If you exceed either limit you will be charged for excess usage.

djevoultion

Post by djevoultion » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:05 am

djevoultion wrote:Ok, so I get up this morning to find out I'm on 1500 ADSL1 speeds (1.30MB/s) - 160KB/s

Are we being shaped to ADSL1 speed's during offpeak?

Still on ADSL1 Speeds... Can anyone answer - Are we being shaped to ADSL1 Speed's during offpeak?

Thanks

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:10 am

djevoultion wrote:

Still on ADSL1 Speeds... Can anyone answer - Are we being shaped to ADSL1 Speed's during offpeak?

Thanks
No.

tin

Post by tin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:58 am

Power cycle your modem djevoultion... It could be just a mental modem.
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

djevoultion

Post by djevoultion » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:03 pm

tin wrote:Power cycle your modem djevoultion... It could be just a mental modem.
Yeah I did that twice this morning, and i was still getting ADSL1 Speeds. It was working fine last night. I've left for uni and won't be back home till this afternoon, I'll try resetting the modem then. Thanks

Musicinbed

Post by Musicinbed » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:29 pm

midday the next day, still on adsl1. Although I only applied early yesterday afternoon.
But I guess that is normal right? I've tried power cycling the modem and forcing adsl2+ but nup.

Perhaps i am too impatient...

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Musicinbed wrote:midday the next day, still on adsl1. Although I only applied early yesterday afternoon.
But I guess that is normal right? I've tried power cycling the modem and forcing adsl2+ but nup.

Perhaps i am too impatient...
Your order requires a port change, this is due by 12pm 24/08

huh?

Post by huh? » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:45 pm

JasonM wrote: It might, it depends on what you have attached right now and your overall line quality and distance.
I have a Billion 7500G.....not sure on line quality (phone is good, no static plus I use ExeVoip) would have to check signal level in the modem when I get home.
I will try swapping to ADSL2 and 2+ to see what happens.
Does it matter that my profile at the Exetel end is for ADSL1 8Mb?
JasonM wrote: Let Exetel worry about it's wholesale relationship with AAPT Wholesale.
You pay Exetel for your service, it's up to Exetel to supply you that service.
Ok, just didn't want to get caught short if it had to be moved.
I guess it doesn't matter now seeing as I was moved sometime in the distant past.
JasonM wrote: You should simply pick the plan that meets your cost / usage requirements from those available.
Yes, now that I know I can have ADSL2 I will choose a plan to suit.

Thanks JasonM for your responses.
Where am I?

serkam

Post by serkam » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi Jason,
I applied on 15/08/2010 but still no change. Could you check please ( I have PM-ed my service no to you ) . Thanks

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:57 pm

huh? wrote:Does it matter that my profile at the Exetel end is for ADSL1 8Mb?
There's nothing in our network that sets the speed down to the plan speed.

The supplier infrastructure is where the speeds are configured (at the port).

huh?

Post by huh? » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:17 pm

Got more questions after looking at the plans available to me.
All show as requiring a 12 month contract, is this valid since I have been using their infrastructure for sometime now?
Or would this be classifed as a speed change only?

If I went the free wireless backup option (understand the 12 months on this if getting a modem) - is there the requirement to use it at least every two months to keep it active?
Can the SIM be used in a mobile phone?

Thanks again.
Where am I?

serkam

Post by serkam » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:26 pm

My ADSL1 speed was always around 5000/ 384 kbit/s with Loop att. 43 and SNR 6-7. Today I was connected to ADSL2 . Now modem shows ADSL2 showtime and my Loop Att= 54 and SNR=17 with speed around 1000/125 . Modem can not log in !. So Internet has stopped working at all and line characteristics have become terrible. I have opened a ticket with Exetel Residental Support. What else can I do ? So far very disappointing! I am only 1200 meters from the exchange!

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:05 pm

Serkam, the ticket's about all you can do for the moment to get that problem looked at. Attenuation of 40+ dB normally suggests about 3 km line length, rather than 1.2 km from the exchange.

If anything further arises, or if more new connection woes show up, could posters continue with new threads in the Service Issues section, just in case this rather extended thread gets side-tracked?