ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
Tazz

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by Tazz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:03 pm

JasonM wrote:
Tazz wrote:Any idea what the manual checks were? and why they could be the cause of a rejection?
Missing cable data records.
So, when their staff do investigate, they could find a reason you could not have ADSL2+, or, they might find you can :).
Just got this email....
"Your ADSL speed upgrade is failed due to incompatible speed technical issue.
Regards
ADSL Support "

:(

grendelan

Post by grendelan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:21 pm

I just got the email confirming "Your ADSL speed upgrade has been completed as your requested. " . But there is no change and I am still on ADSL 1 speed . I was told that the change was going to happen on 20th 8-12 pm . Could this be checked please . I have recycled my modem a few times . Thanks ..

Wil56k

Post by Wil56k » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:24 pm

grendelan wrote:I just got the email confirming "Your ADSL speed upgrade has been completed as your requested. " . But there is no change and I am still on ADSL 1 speed . I was told that the change was going to happen on 20th 8-12 pm . Could this be checked please . I have recycled my modem a few times . Thanks ..
I received the same email and tried cycling my modem with new settings without success.... logged a ticket with support and will see what happens

Post by 1080 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:38 pm

grendelan wrote:I just got the email confirming "Your ADSL speed upgrade has been completed as your requested. " . But there is no change and I am still on ADSL 1 speed . I was told that the change was going to happen on 20th 8-12 pm . Could this be checked please . I have recycled my modem a few times . Thanks ..
Yep I've got the exact same situation. I'll wait until 12pm tomorrow before I do anything though. Could be just that Telstra advised exetel early that the job was done when it's actually scheduled for tomorrow.

richo

Post by richo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:54 pm

1080 wrote:
Yep I've got the exact same situation. I'll wait until 12pm tomorrow before I do anything though. Could be just that Telstra advised exetel early that the job was done when it's actually scheduled for tomorrow.
Ditto.. received the email @ 17:30.. lost ADSL1 service @ 13:00 ish.. so, currently have no ADSL.. will also wait until 12pm tomorrow. Fingers crossed !

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:05 am

huh? wrote:Got more questions after looking at the plans available to me.
All show as requiring a 12 month contract, is this valid since I have been using their infrastructure for sometime now?
Or would this be classifed as a speed change only?
The mention of "12 month" raised a number of posts in this thread, end result is that is is actually a new 6 month contract, but it doesn't count as a break in your current contract (so no early termination fees apply). See viewtopic.php?f=24&t=36486&start=180#p280196, except that the $10 mentioned in that post is now $30 for the "speed change"
huh? wrote:If I went the free wireless backup option (understand the 12 months on this if getting a modem) - is there the requirement to use it at least every two months to keep it active?
Can the SIM be used in a mobile phone?
There is no free wireless backup under the Telstra ADSL2+ plans: see viewtopic.php?p=280270#p280270
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

ryan07

Post by ryan07 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:04 am

CoreyPlover wrote:
All show as requiring a 12 month contract, is this valid since I have been using their infrastructure for sometime now?
The mention of "12 month" raised a number of posts in this thread, end result is that is is actually a new 6 month contract, but it doesn't count as a break in your current contract (so no early termination fees apply).
So say you had 3 months left of your old contract that was with exetel and you decide to go on the adsl2+ telstra plans. Would that mean, once your on the adsl2+ plan, you still only have 3 months left on your contract? Or you restart the contract back to 6 months? Thanks

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:44 am

ryan07 wrote:
So say you had 3 months left of your old contract that was with exetel and you decide to go on the adsl2+ telstra plans. Would that mean, once your on the adsl2+ plan, you still only have 3 months left on your contract? Or you restart the contract back to 6 months? Thanks
You enter in to a new contract if that's what the application form says - so ALL transfers to Telstra ADSL2 require a new six month contract.

cpfred

Post by cpfred » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:38 am

I am sorry if these questions seem to be asked over and over again...
But I feel this is more of a combination question!

I'm currently on an exetel ADSL 1500, 30gb plan. (With a free wireless backup account as well)

adsl2exchanges show these (rather crap) details for my address.
Line of Sight: 2622 m
Estimated Cable: 3278 m
Estimated Attenuation: 46
Estimated Maximum Speed: 5000
It also shows (red) RIMS all over my area. (I believe telstra ADSL2 can work through a RIM)

So... would I be likely to be able to get exetel ADSL2? If so, as it connects through a RIM, would that maybe improve the possible maximum speed?
and if I transfer to this plan, I've read above that the free wireless back is not available with the telstra adsl2 connections, what happens with the free wireless plan I've just started? (Does it change to a charged plan?)

Thanks for your time,

eecchhoo

Post by eecchhoo » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:12 am

Same here ... I receved an email
Your ADSL speed upgrade is failed due to incompatible speed technical issue.

So i will be stuck on ADSL1 until the new government roll out the new broadband either Minimum speed of 12MBPS or the NBN Fiber ... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

huh?

Post by huh? » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:33 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
The mention of "12 month" raised a number of posts in this thread, end result is that is is actually a new 6 month contract, but it doesn't count as a break in your current contract (so no early termination fees apply). See viewtopic.php?f=24&t=36486&start=180#p280196, except that the $10 mentioned in that post is now $30 for the "speed change"
huh? wrote:If I went the free wireless backup option (understand the 12 months on this if getting a modem) - is there the requirement to use it at least every two months to keep it active?
Can the SIM be used in a mobile phone?
There is no free wireless backup under the Telstra ADSL2+ plans: see viewtopic.php?p=280270#p280270
Thanks Corey
I am getting a little off track here because, orginally, I was looking at the Telstra ADSL2 plans but, during the course of this thread, have found that I am already on AAPT infrastructure and only have the option of those plans.
So my questions were more related to those plans that I could see in my User Facilities.
I will found a more appropriate location to re ask them.
Where am I?

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:38 pm

Tazz wrote:
JasonM wrote:
Tazz wrote:Any idea what the manual checks were? and why they could be the cause of a rejection?
Missing cable data records.
So, when their staff do investigate, they could find a reason you could not have ADSL2+, or, they might find you can :).
Just got this email....
"Your ADSL speed upgrade is failed due to incompatible speed technical issue.
Regards
ADSL Support "
I made this post last night after getting the email.
However, I got up this morning to find my speed has increased!
So I did a modem reboot and did a speed test and get these results...
4c6e72a2.jpg
4c6e72a2.jpg (51.67 KiB) Viewed 1757 times
So then I logged in to the members area and it still says I'm on the 1500D plan, so, I'm confused as to what has happened???
Any way for Exetel to find out from Telstra what's going on? have they somehow done something to my connection?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:07 pm

Tazz wrote: So then I logged in to the members area and it still says I'm on the 1500D plan, so, I'm confused as to what has happened???
not sure your account details would get updated before the new month due to billing cycles, even if your speed change has gone through already

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:13 pm

jokiin wrote:
Tazz wrote: So then I logged in to the members area and it still says I'm on the 1500D plan, so, I'm confused as to what has happened???
not sure your account details would get updated before the new month due to billing cycles, even if your speed change has gone through already
Had forgotten about that..
However, my real confusion is why I have a faster connection after getting the email that I couldn't, due to an incompatible speed technical issue.

ottyacat

Post by ottyacat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:18 pm

My upgrade went through a few hours ago.

Very Very Happy :D

13 Mbit down / 1Mbit up.

Ping times dropped from 33ms to 22ms avg

Remote desktop into servers is now like being on the console.

Thankyou very much for making telstra adsl2 available. The sun is now shining over Mornington... (Well actually its overcast and miserable :wink: )