ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Re: ADSL2+ on telstra Exchange

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:19 pm

ryan07 wrote:If you could drop the prices say $10 more, you would have me sold!!!!!!! And im sure many many others. I live in the zone 2/3 area, so im not trying to get something for nothing. But for $60, i would sign up straight away, if i didnt have to wait till my contact ends. Maybe one way to be able to drop those prices would be to put up the excess usage to $2-$5 instead of 50c.
There is no way in the world at the current cost that a Zone 2/3 service could be sold at $60.00.

At $70.00 it is heavily subsidised by Exetel.

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:23 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:At $70.00 it is heavily subsidised by Exetel.
If it is highly subsidized, then we could be in for some trouble then with high take up????

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Affinity wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:At $70.00 it is heavily subsidised by Exetel.
If it is highly subsidized, then we could be in for some trouble then with high take up????
No

eecchhoo

Post by eecchhoo » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:42 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
eecchhoo wrote:
Do you think ADSL1 8M can have the same pricing? The pricing looks good.
From from what I can see Exetel's 8 mbps pricing is already the best on the market.
It was one of the best ... but since bigpond announced for 8M adsl1 and adsl2+ pricing for the 200G plan ... maybe need to include 8M adsl1 and adsl2+ plan depends the highest speed people can get from Telstra exchanges

ryan07

Post by ryan07 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:01 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
ryan07 wrote:If you could drop the prices say $10 more, you would have me sold!!!!!!! And im sure many many others. I live in the zone 2/3 area, so im not trying to get something for nothing. But for $60, i would sign up straight away, if i didnt have to wait till my contact ends. Maybe one way to be able to drop those prices would be to put up the excess usage to $2-$5 instead of 50c.
There is no way in the world at the current cost that a Zone 2/3 service could be sold at $60.00.

At $70.00 it is heavily subsidised by Exetel.
No worries i full understand. Even at $70 for $60 peak and $100 off peak is very CHEAP. I was only asking cause im a full time uni student that still have 2 and a half years to go until i have finished my degree. But from what i understand there will be no peak and off peak limits, just one limit. And thats no worries. It would be great if that limit is around the 100G - 200G for $70. Im a heavy downloader.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:38 pm

eecchhoo wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
eecchhoo wrote:
Do you think ADSL1 8M can have the same pricing? The pricing looks good.
From from what I can see Exetel's 8 mbps pricing is already the best on the market.
It was one of the best ... but since bigpond announced for 8M adsl1 and adsl2+ pricing for the 200G plan ... maybe need to include 8M adsl1 and adsl2+ plan depends the highest speed people can get from Telstra exchanges
There are no better 8 mb plans from any provider. However this thread is not about 8 mb ADSL1.

thecraw

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by thecraw » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:58 pm

Have been waiting a long time for this decision :)

Look forward to seeing the plans.

I thought they didnt want to do business whilst you had Optus etc serving ADSL2 ?

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:18 pm

thecraw wrote:Have been waiting a long time for this decision :)

Look forward to seeing the plans.

I thought they didnt want to do business whilst you had Optus etc serving ADSL2 ?
That was the original stance which seems to have changed.

Reagle

Post by Reagle » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:26 pm

Is ADSL2+ naked going to be available under the new contract?
Using: Netcomm NF10WV + TP-Link Archer C2

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:44 pm

Reagle wrote:Is ADSL2+ naked going to be available under the new contract?
there has been no mention of it but I can't recall any reseller of Telstra that has been able to offer a naked service which might just indicate that it's not even an option, Telstra recently did a trial campaign of their own naked service but it wasn't a naked service in the typical sense that we're used to, it had an active phone line with call restrictions to block outgoing calls, perhaps that's their interpretation of a naked service

Reagle

Post by Reagle » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:34 pm

Shouldn't exetel wait on signing contracts until after the ACCC has reviewed the recent anti competitive complaint from Internode & iinet? Or will there be a clause to drop prices depending on the outcome of same?
Using: Netcomm NF10WV + TP-Link Archer C2

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:43 pm

Reagle wrote:Shouldn't exetel wait on signing contracts until after the ACCC has reviewed the recent anti competitive complaint from Internode & iinet? Or will there be a clause to drop prices depending on the outcome of same?
That's a very good point, but there _may_ never be a time when no action is in place against Telstra and what's more, any action could take years to progress to a state that could be of any benefit.

ACCC may be able to order damages retrospectively and force wholesalers to be reasonably re-compensed for inflated wholesale pricing from and to any points in time.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:53 am

Reagle wrote:Shouldn't exetel wait on signing contracts until after the ACCC has reviewed the recent anti competitive complaint from Internode & iinet? Or will there be a clause to drop prices depending on the outcome of same?
Our view is that legal action against Telstra on ADSL2 pricing is unlikely to produce anything productive in any realistic time frame and if it does then that would be the time to consider alternatives.

In the meantime, which could be a very long time, business life has to go on.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:55 am

Reagle wrote:Is ADSL2+ naked going to be available under the new contract?
I have seen no indication that Telstra intends to provide 'naked' ADSL services.

ryan07

Post by ryan07 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:04 am

How long do you think we, (the customers) will be able to see these plans? Thanks