ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
ForumAdmin

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:15 am

ryan07 wrote:How long do you think we, (the customers) will be able to see these plans? Thanks
I have no firm date - it is in Telstra Legal's hands.

crustyman

Post by crustyman » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:57 am

This is fantastic news! I'm just about to build a new house in an area that is only serviced by a Telstra ADSL2+ exchange and was not looking forward to having to move to another provider, well done Exetel :)

CordlezToaster

Post by CordlezToaster » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:12 pm

This is awesome news ill be the first to sign up.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:20 am

Assuming that the 'paper work' is received from Telstra this week the plans will be offered by Sunday 8th August.

Without the 'paper work' nothing can be finalised on the pricing but we would expect to offer ADSL2 plans in Region 2 and Region 3 that provide the lowest monthly cost and the highest included downloads from any provider (that doesn't take in to account BigPond cash giveaways or other 'promotions').

As Exetel's owners have always had a 'soft spot' for country Australia we would expect that the Region 2 and Region 3 plans would not differentiate from Region 1 plans in terms of pricing or conditions.

LordS

Post by LordS » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:22 am

Wow, thats awesome John.

Do the plans include upload like all the others?

What kinda contracts are involved?

ottyacat

Post by ottyacat » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:29 am

Really good news for all of us stuck in telstra only adsl2 areas.

Thanks

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:58 am

LordS wrote:Wow, thats awesome John.

1) Do the plans include upload like all the others?

2) What kinda contracts are involved?
1) Uploads are not counted - though we are thinking of doing that.

2) 6 months

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:59 am

ottyacat wrote:Really good news for all of us stuck in telstra only adsl2 areas.

Thanks
It has always surprised me that where you live there is no ADSL2 from Optus.

AT

Post by AT » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:08 pm

Looking forward to this. I must say i was tempted to jump ship with the new prices from Telstra but I just couldn't bring myself to do it after years of telling friends not to go with them. That and the 24 month contract...

ottyacat

Post by ottyacat » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:47 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:It has always surprised me that where you live there is no ADSL2 from Optus.
Its very strange, TPG have recently installed DSLAMS on the peninsula so it cannot be exchange availability or lack of space problems.

ryan07

Post by ryan07 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:35 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:Assuming that the 'paper work' is received from Telstra this week the plans will be offered by Sunday 8th August.

Without the 'paper work' nothing can be finalised on the pricing but we would expect to offer ADSL2 plans in Region 2 and Region 3 that provide the lowest monthly cost and the highest included downloads from any provider (that doesn't take in to account BigPond cash giveaways or other 'promotions').

As Exetel's owners have always had a 'soft spot' for country Australia we would expect that the Region 2 and Region 3 plans would not differentiate from Region 1 plans in terms of pricing or conditions.
That is great new that exetel has a 'soft spot' for us people that live in region 2 and 3. That alone wants me want to encourage more people to join you guys. A++++++++++ for exetel. Is there any chance that you could give us a ruff guess on how much the plans will be. thanks

thecraw

Post by thecraw » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Interestingly at the same time that you are announcing this both iinet (chime) and TPG are installing in my exchange.

No Optus/Powertel though which has always been strange....

Anyway cant wait to see the plans I will be jumping straight onboard.

ryanb

Post by ryanb » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:47 pm

I am on the Narellan exchange (NRLN) and we only have ADSL2 with telstra, so how do i find out what region this is in to see if I am eligible? Btw. I am very excited for this; I had never anticipated Telstra would budge. :D

ozkidzez91

Post by ozkidzez91 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:35 pm

omg omg omg omg omg I'm so excited. I live in Helidon (population around 500 people) and have only ever been able to get Teltra adsl2+, and because it was always so expensive, and telstra suck so hard, we never went with them. We only got adsl1 in 2006! I can't wait to see what plans you guys will offer.

I'd like to note though that in Toowoomba (about 15 minutes away, population ~120,000) no one I know can get ADSL2+ (by which I mean can't get it with anyone but telstra) because all ports are full on optus and everyone else. Most hate telstra so much they settle for 1.5Mb/s instead, so this might be really great for them.

PLEASE though, offer a plan that's around 100GB-120GB. No offpeak would be fine, and we'd be happy to bundle homephone if we have to. If the plan has the new crappy 6-hour offpeak it needs to have at least 75GB in peak, or 12hour offpeak then the peak could have only 50GB. Please note, I won't mind if you have to include uploads.
CordlezToaster wrote:This is awesome news ill be the first to sign up.
I'll be giving you a run for your money!

robm

Post by robm » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:42 am

Any idea on pricing yet? I will most likely move from ADSL1 and will have some clients change as well.