Telstra ADSL2 plan -> Naked ADSL?

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
20mikemike

Telstra ADSL2 plan -> Naked ADSL?

Post by 20mikemike » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:07 pm

I just switched over to one of the Telstra ADSL2 plans, as previously I couldn't be connected to ADSL2 via the Optus plans.

I then attempted to change over to one of the Naked ADSL plans, but I guess they are still being provided by Optus as I got the same rejection message that I used to get.

Is there any chance of getting a Naked ADSL2 service via Telstra?

Thanks.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Telstra ADSL2 plan -> Naked ADSL?

Post by Dazzled » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:21 pm

It gets asked from time to time. The last time, ForumAdmin replied
I don't think 'naked' is on Telstra's horizon.
Trials were talked about once, hence articles like this: http://www.itwire.com/opinion-and-analy ... ut-clothes

20mikemike

Post by 20mikemike » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:16 pm

Okay, thanks. I live in hope.

PM

Post by PM » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:51 am

20mikemike wrote:I just switched over to one of the Telstra ADSL2 plans, as previously I couldn't be connected to ADSL2 via the Optus plans.

I then attempted to change over to one of the Naked ADSL plans, but I guess they are still being provided by Optus as I got the same rejection message that I used to get.

Is there any chance of getting a Naked ADSL2 service via Telstra?

Thanks.
I joined the Telstra Naked trial a few months ago when I moved house, as then Exetel hadn't signed an agreement to sell Telstra ADSL2+ services.
The trial was 59.95/month with 25GB included. New "trialers" (signups) were stopped around 2 months ago. I'm still on the trial, a bit in limbo as the download has not increased from 25GB, whilst other Telstra plans have increased to 50 and 200GB. Telstra CEO David Thodey suggested a few weeks ago that the trial will likely be offered to the wider public in the coming 6 months.
Other than the abysmal monthly billing errors, I like the Telstra version of naked that gives you a phone number to receive incoming calls. Although in my case they have stuffed up, as I can still make all outgoing calls as well as the trial ability to make 000 and 13 calls to Telstra. Their bad, not mine. :)

Probably Exetel have lost out as well, as I haven't needed to use Exetels wireless VOIP as much as I envisioned. Good one Telstra! :lol:

Korobushka

Post by Korobushka » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:19 pm

I would definitely sign up to this if Exetel could wrangle it. If not because my phone line is only really there to get the internet, then because Exetel's new mobile plans and adsl discounts would make a significantly cheaper alternative.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:26 am

There has been no response on Naked ADSL1 from Telstra.