Naked users forgotten?

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
roby

Re: Naked users forgotten?

Post by roby » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:19 am

ok thanks.
Keep up the great and fantastic work.
well done

supernicko

Post by supernicko » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:16 pm

I presume this will now be in the new year?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:28 am

It depends on how quickly we can complete the work required. For some strange reasons Exetel personnel seem to think they can take time off for Christmas Day etc.

roby

Post by roby » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:59 am

this time of year should be with family we can wait

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:42 am

We have made some progress this morning.

We would expect to send the emails out to our current naked users either late today (a bit of a stretch) or early tomorrow (more likely).

The terms of the offer will be:

1) 12 month new plan
2) No fee to restore PSTN line
3) Free local, national, calls to Optus mobiles (AUP applies)
4) Almost no down time

Implementation date no later than 1/2/2011

oldman

Post by oldman » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:28 pm

I'm currently back under contract until 1-7-2011, having taken up the offer to move to ONCW this year. Will it still be possible to take up this offer?

Thanks.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:47 pm

oldman wrote:I'm currently back under contract until 1-7-2011, having taken up the offer to move to ONCW this year. Will it still be possible to take up this offer?

Thanks.
I've asked someone more competent than me to check.

I'm of the opinion that the offer will be sent to all current 'naked' users who can take advantage of the offer by signing up for a new 12 month contract.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi oldman,
I'm currently back under contract until 1-7-2011, having taken up the offer to move to ONCW this year. Will it still be possible to take up this offer?

Thanks.
You sure can, it will just mean once the facility is in place to do this, your contract for 12 months will be renewed once more and start from the date you select to go back to bundled again.

oldman

Post by oldman » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:12 pm

Thanks...very pleased to hear this and looking forward to the offer.

Cheers.

autron

Post by autron » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:12 pm

paulp wrote:your contract for 12 months will be renewed
Could I please ask about the relationship between contract and moving house? In the past I have been told by other internet companies that the contract is not broken when moving if the same type of of service is taken out at the new address. This month I checked with another Optus based provider and they confirmed that the contract would continue through a move with them.

I've had the impression a relocation of service with Exetel is considered a contract termination by the customer and the early termination fee is charged.

What would apply in the case that a new Optus based service is connected at the new address?

Thanks

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi,
Could I please ask about the relationship between contract and moving house? In the past I have been told by other internet companies that the contract is not broken when moving if the same type of of service is taken out at the new address. This month I checked with another Optus based provider and they confirmed that the contract would continue through a move with them.

I've had the impression a relocation of service with Exetel is considered a contract termination by the customer and the early termination fee is charged.

What would apply in the case that a new Optus based service is connected at the new address?

Thanks
For these bundled types, selecting a relocation will indeed carry over the current contract. This is different if you simply terminate directly via a cancellation and then apply directly as 'new' at the other residence.

So as long it's relocated correctly then this should be fine.

autron

Post by autron » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:37 pm

paulp wrote:For these bundled types, selecting a relocation will indeed carry over the current contract.
So as long it's relocated correctly then this should be fine.
Thanks for explaining. I can comfortably look at a new contract term now as any move I make will likely be to within an Optus served area.

brent0r

Post by brent0r » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:37 am

Im about to move house but I'm not sure what plan to sign up with at the new place. I am currently out of contact on the Z/21NOTEL (naked) plan ($53). This is unlimited offpeak 12-12 and 30gig peak. I was looking on exetels site yesterday and the $58 unlimited plan including line rental looked VERY impressive. So I go to sign uptoday and its gone! I couldnt belive it, I feel so annoyed that I missed out, was the worst feeling ever :( So we're moving in a week and I seriously cannot find anything remotely close to these two plans.
Is it at all possibly to change house and stay on the same plan as im on now? Its on same exchange, only several streets away. Otherwise I'm not sure if ill get the net connected at the new place. I was all set to apply today and its been changed! Even the cheapist naked plan is an extra $10 compared to what im paying now my current plan is better.

And looking at the new adsl2 inc phone plans released today

OT30 $60.00 12 Months $55.00 30 GB 180 GB $7201
OT60 $60.00 12 Months $75.00 60 GB 180 GB $9601

If we had something between the $55 and $75 that included more offpeak it might be more appealing. I don't really want to go backwards but thats the way things have gone!

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:41 am

Email currently being sent to Exetel current 'naked' plan users only:

Special Offer To Current Exetel “Naked’ Plan Users

Dear [ ],

This email is to advise you of an offer that Exetel has negotiated with Optus to provide you with a similar cost service to the one you currently have but with the advantage of:

1) Converting your currently ‘crippled’ PSTN line back to a fully working line.
2) Including free PSTN calls to local and national wire line numbers and calls to Optus mobiles at no charge (subject to AUP).
3) Having 200 gb of monthly downloads usable at any time
4) Giving you the additional opportunity, should you wish to do so, of ‘bundling’ an Exetel/Optus mobile telephone plan at a very, very low additional cost.
5) No plan change charge

Details of the cap/19 and cap/35 mobile plans can be found here:

http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-mo ... -plans.php

To take up this offer you will need to sign up for a new 12 month contract.

The plans offered are:

OCV – 200 for $60.00 per month

OCV – 200/19 for $70.00 per month (including the mobile monthly plan charge)

OCV – 200/35 for $80.00 per month (including the mobile monthly plan charge)

This offer is being discussed on Exetel’s forum here:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=37194

This offer is available to apply for from today until 31st January 2011 and will become active on 1st February 2011.

Happy New Year

Exetel Provisioning

MJH

Post by MJH » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:26 am

Hi ForumAdmin,
Can you confirm what options will be available if you do manage to exceed the 200G. Shapped what speed and/or cost per G.
Thanks,
Michael