Naked users forgotten?

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
paulp
Exetel Staff

Re: Naked users forgotten?

Post by paulp » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:11 pm

Hi CraigJ,
* If I change, do I keep the same static IP address?

* What fax to email options are available with the new plan? Is there free service for receiving faxes?

* Will there be any fee for paying by credit card?

* I'm currently on $45/month with 10GB peak. I'm not sure I will get the same value out of $60/month. Is the OTL-A plan still available? That would have been fine except the $98 changeover fee :(

Thanks!
1 - I.P should stay the same.
2 - You get charged for this. No free package for this as far as I know.
3 - No APART from the $1.10 credit card surcharge as per normal when paying for any plan under credit card
4 - The OTL-A plan is no longer available. In terms of value, you will receive far more download usage

slave1

Post by slave1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:19 pm

brenroy wrote:If I change from the naked service to one with the PSTN line would I be able to have the number of the service before it went naked? I know my present account name uses this number, but I'm not sure if the number was returned to the pool of numbers when I went naked.
Thanks
Any update on this?

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:25 pm

slave1,
If I change from the naked service to one with the PSTN line would I be able to have the number of the service before it went naked? I know my present account name uses this number, but I'm not sure if the number was returned to the pool of numbers when I went naked.
Without going into too much technical detail - unfortuantely you couldn't. The number is in quarantine onto another network which means a 'double port' would have to be done. Totally unviable both in time and money. A newly generated number would be given to you. Those customers that converted their PSTN to VOIP while moving to naked adsl2 can get this number back to PSTN, albeit a manual process and a little lengthy(5-10 days).

cipherstream

Post by cipherstream » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:42 pm

I am keen to go ahead with this plan however when I go to the page to change services I can only see a way of including one mobile. Is it possible to include 2 mobile phones on the cap19/cap35 plans and get the adsl discount from both mobiles?

Also on the mobile plans page it says there is no contract. If I bundle the mobile in with my adsl is there still no contract? Can I quit the mobile part at any time and just pay the full, undiscounted adsl price?

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:46 pm

cipherstream,
I am keen to go ahead with this plan however when I go to the page to change services I can only see a way of including one mobile. Is it possible to include 2 mobile phones on the cap19/cap35 plans and get the adsl discount from both mobiles?

Also on the mobile plans page it says there is no contract. If I bundle the mobile in with my adsl is there still no contract? Can I quit the mobile part at any time and just pay the full, undiscounted adsl price?
- At this stage its tied to one. If you want more than one, you can then enter your user facilities and obtain an additional mobile cap plan as well. You should also receive the discount from applying for your second.

- the mobile tied with these special plans do have a contract. The mobile you order individually does not.

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:49 pm

Will the voip service still be still be running once you transfer over to the new plan ie you will have two active numbers? Or will be the Voip service be disconnected?

dritz2003

Post by dritz2003 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:08 pm

paulp wrote: Those customers that converted their PSTN to VOIP while moving to naked adsl2 can get this number back to PSTN, albeit a manual process and a little lengthy(5-10 days).
So it is possible to convert the number back to PSTN? How do you go about requesting this?

satyr

Post by satyr » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:17 pm

I still didn't get a reply to my question.

If we choose not to take up these new plans, will we eventually be forced off our current naked plans and put onto one of these plans? Am currently on NF/21NoTel and don't wish to change to any PSTN plans.

Thank you.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:26 pm

Wolverine,
Will the voip service still be still be running once you transfer over to the new plan ie you will have two active numbers? Or will be the Voip service be disconnected?
Voip service will still be running. Yes, you will have 2 numbers.

dritz,
So it is possible to convert the number back to PSTN? How do you go about requesting this?
It's possible, not yet implemented in the current form. It's a little more complicated back end to do this. This should be in early January where you can request for this to happen.

satyr,

If we choose not to take up these new plans, will we eventually be forced off our current naked plans and put onto one of these plans? Am currently on NF/21NoTel and don't wish to change to any PSTN plans.

Thank you.

Not as far as I'm aware. If you wanted naked adsl2, then you can certainly have it and indeed keep that. To my knowledge thus far, we won't 'force' you to move to bundled.

Craig,
Oh. So it is not all "Optus mobiles" only "Optus mobiles" "sold through Exetel"? That makes it of much more limited value :( I was hoping it would be all Optus mobiles, as I have many friends who use Optus pre-paid etc, but none that I know use Exetel Optus... :(

Thanks,

Craig
As per forumadmin's post. I'll get that double checked though.

oldman

Post by oldman » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:30 pm

When I click on 'Apply' to change to OCV200 it justs says 'You cannot view details.'

satyr

Post by satyr » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:32 pm

paulp wrote:Wolverine,

satyr,

Thank you.
Not as far as I'm aware. If you wanted naked adsl2, then you can certainly have it and indeed keep that. To my knowledge thus far, we won't 'force' you to move to bundled.
Thanks for your reply Paul!

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:44 pm

oldman,

You need to PM me your details for me to investigate further.

cipherstream

Post by cipherstream » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:12 pm

paulp wrote:cipherstream,

- At this stage its tied to one. If you want more than one, you can then enter your user facilities and obtain an additional mobile cap plan as well. You should also receive the discount from applying for your second.

- the mobile tied with these special plans do have a contract. The mobile you order individually does not.
if this is the case it seems it would be better to just get the base adsl2 package and then the cap19/cap35 plans separately. Since this would result in the same discount to the adsl service, without having the mobiles tied to a contract. Or am I missing something here?

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:47 pm

cipherstream,
if this is the case it seems it would be better to just get the base adsl2 package and then the cap19/cap35 plans separately. Since this would result in the same discount to the adsl service, without having the mobiles tied to a contract. Or am I missing something here?
Works out the same assuming it's just one mobile. whether you do it separately (base plan and then order cap plan separetely) or the convenience of bundling the cost cap minus $10 as the discount works the same.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:47 pm

All,

Current customers within contract on naked ADSL2 can also take advantage of this special offer.