Naked users forgotten?

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
Prizm

Re: Naked users forgotten?

Post by Prizm » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:30 pm

I have a couple questions regarding the emailed offer:

1. The OCV 200/19 plan includes internet, line rental and $19 mobile service for $70/m over a 12 month contract, is that correct?

2. The email states "Having 200 gb of monthly downloads usable at any time" - that means no peak/off-peak, just 200GB to use at any time?

3. Will I receive back the same phone number that I had with Exetel before switching to Naked? (ie my Exetel login phone number)

4. Since this is on a 12m contract, will Optus provide a free mobile phone?

5. I am currently with Optus for mobile. Can I use my existing SIM, or at least keep my same number?

6. Can I add my wife's mobile phone as well? If so, will a $10 discount apply to the overall cost? ie, $70+$19 wife's phone -$10 = $79?
(the Exetel website states: "If you sign up for multiple Exetel mobile plans then multiple discounts apply to your Exetel ADSL1 or ADSL2 plan")

thanks

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:43 pm

sleeping247 wrote:Also, I posted this a couple of days ago and don't remember seeing a reply.
Apologies if I've missed it.
I'm pretty sure it was answered
The $3/month admin/account fee does not apply
The $1.10/month credit card fee does.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

TransplantCanuck

Post by TransplantCanuck » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Will re-activating the PSTN service via Exetel involve any dealings with Telstra at any point? It took Telstra months to sort out billing and service when I originally had to setup/disconnect my PSTN service. I'd rather not have to deal with that nightmare again.

ErocK

Post by ErocK » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:42 pm

Currently on NF/23NOTEL, thinking of switching to OCV200

I get to keep my VOIP number (read this a few pages back) Do we need to do anything to make this happen or will it do it automatically?
The NAKED ADSL2 line provided in this cost CAN be used to make standard PSTN telephone calls (only if you wish to do so) because the new pricing for a working telephone line rather than crippling the PSTN line is no different. It also includes unlimited local, national and calls to Optus mobiles if you wish to do that while using your VoIP service for all other call types.
This part confuses me. It makes it sound I have internet, land line AND my current VOIP service. Please clarify which services I have with this new plan. I was originally under the impression that this working PSTN line with Optus was a substitute for the VOIP service I currently have.

dragon

Post by dragon » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:22 pm

is there a guarantee that once we sign up to the contract the monthly charge isn't going to change?
eg the out of contract plans next month go up $10. but is there a possibility the contract plans might have the same.. i don't want the prices to go up and me stuck in a contract.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:51 pm

TransplantCanuck wrote:Will re-activating the PSTN service via Exetel involve any dealings with Telstra at any point? It took Telstra months to sort out billing and service when I originally had to setup/disconnect my PSTN service. I'd rather not have to deal with that nightmare again.
No

vbap

Post by vbap » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:16 pm

ErocK wrote: This part confuses me. It makes it sound I have internet, land line AND my current VOIP service. Please clarify which services I have with this new plan. I was originally under the impression that this working PSTN line with Optus was a substitute for the VOIP service I currently have.
It's been mentioned a few times already. You keep your existing VoIP services. You will get a new landline number to go with your PSTN. If you want, you can port your existing VoIP to the PSTN, but that may take 5 to 10 days to organize.

The free calls are only for those made via the PSTN service. Any calls made through you VoIP service I assume are charged at whatever VoIP plan you are currently on.

vbap

Post by vbap » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Prizm wrote:I have a couple questions regarding the emailed offer:

1. The OCV 200/19 plan includes internet, line rental and $19 mobile service for $70/m over a 12 month contract, is that correct?
2. The email states "Having 200 gb of monthly downloads usable at any time" - that means no peak/off-peak, just 200GB to use at any time?
3. Will I receive back the same phone number that I had with Exetel before switching to Naked? (ie my Exetel login phone number)
5. I am currently with Optus for mobile. Can I use my existing SIM, or at least keep my same number?
6. Can I add my wife's mobile phone as well? If so, will a $10 discount apply to the overall cost? ie, $70+$19 wife's phone -$10 = $79?
(the Exetel website states: "If you sign up for multiple Exetel mobile plans then multiple discounts apply to your Exetel ADSL1 or ADSL2 plan")

thanks
I'll have a go, in unofficial capacity:
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No (unless you ported that number to VoIP when you went Naked)
4. No
5. You can port your existing number to the CAP 19 exetel plan
6. Yes - you apply for another Cap 19 separately. Further, this extra cap19 will not be on a 12 month contract, whereas the cap19 included with the OCV plan is on 12 month contract.

sujd

Post by sujd » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:41 pm

How do I get my exetel voip number to be moved to use as my PSTN number as there was no mention during sign up process?

Also received email for requested change but still not showing in members area as yet.

wood888

Post by wood888 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Is there going to be any plan for the low end users?
As i want to keep my VOIP as my PSTN line is crappy and had a lot of noise through before i moved to VOIP,
but i only use 10GB a month and dont want to pay $60 a month

tulett

Post by tulett » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:08 pm

vbap wrote:
Prizm wrote:I have a couple questions regarding the emailed offer:

thanks
I'll have a go, in unofficial capacity:
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No (unless you ported that number to VoIP when you went Naked)
4. No
5. You can port your existing number to the CAP 19 exetel plan
6. Yes - you apply for another Cap 19 separately. Further, this extra cap19 will not be on a 12 month contract, whereas the cap19 included with the OCV plan is on 12 month contract.
I thought you did a very job with your response. Much better quality than is often the case, you actually addressed each question. Well done.

However, I'd like to add a couple of points.

5. You will need a new SIM.
6. You will get an additional $10 discount on your ADSL plan, i.e. net cost of additional mobile = $9pm. Pretty good eh?

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:26 pm

vbap wrote:
ErocK wrote:If you want, you can port your existing VoIP to the PSTN, but that may take 5 to 10 days to organize.
*On the sign up page there is no function to be able to do this. So how do you request this?
What happens during the 5-10 working days whilst the porting of your existing Exetel voip number to the PSTN line? Temporary number is issused?

*In the Telephone functions section of the sign up page there are 2 functions you can choose.
(1) Caller number sending (free of charge)
(2) Caller ID (displayed on end user phone) - $3.00 per month

What's the difference between the 2?

*Are the free calls to Optus mobile only to those Optus mobile's that are through the Exetel service? Or all Optus mobiles?

vbap

Post by vbap » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:08 pm

wood888 wrote:Is there going to be any plan for the low end users?
As i want to keep my VOIP as my PSTN line is crappy and had a lot of noise through before i moved to VOIP,
but i only use 10GB a month and dont want to pay $60 a month
No - this has been mentioned by FA in a previous post in this thread.

vbap

Post by vbap » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:19 pm

Wolverine wrote:What happens during the 5-10 working days whilst the porting of your existing Exetel voip number to the PSTN line? Temporary number is issused?
No idea - I assume so
*In the Telephone functions section of the sign up page there are 2 functions you can choose.
(1) Caller number sending (free of charge)
(2) Caller ID (displayed on end user phone) - $3.00 per month
What's the difference between the 2?
1 sends your number to the person your calling. 2 shows the number of the person who is calling you.
*Are the free calls to Optus mobile only to those Optus mobile's that are through the Exetel service? Or all Optus mobiles?
I believe FA posted in another thread to confirm this meant all optus mobiles - including resellers of the optus network (eg exetel, virgin, optus retail, tpg, etc

vbap

Post by vbap » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:06 am

I have been asked via PM how to direct calls via VOIP or PSTN. I'll reply here in case it helps others.

I'm not overly experienced in the options, but I think it boils down to two:
  • Add a separate physical handset for your PSTN calls. Ie line from wall connects to splitter/filter with the filtered line going to you PSTN handset and the other going to your ADSL modem. VoIP calls continue to be made however you do that currently (VoIP handset connected ton your modem/at a; soft phone; etc.)

If your modem/ATA supports it, you can use that handset to make both VoIP and PSTN calls. This requires configuring your modem/ATA to automatically switch based on the number being called (dial plan) or by manually choosing using a pre-configured hot key on you handset (eg prefix *1 to use PSTN or something)
There my well be other ways. I have a billion router that supports the second option. But will have that second physical handset connected anyway in case of power outages or other technical issues!