Naked users forgotten?

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
oldman

Re: Naked users forgotten?

Post by oldman » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:17 pm

paulp wrote:oldman,

You need to PM me your details for me to investigate further.
Done.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:51 pm

oldman,

Need development to check this out. I'll let you know more once I get info on this.

Michel

Post by Michel » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:02 pm

I am confused, is the offer avaiable or not, it seems to me that some have said they have applied, but I have been unable to, so I sent an email to support, the first time they said it was something wrong with my browser, and after trying again said it was not avaiable yet. Could you please clarify.

This is the second email I got.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please note that this option for changing plans is currently not available and this should be available within another 2-3 days.

Regards,

Nuranj

Exetel Pty Ltd

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:13 pm

Hi,
I am confused, is the offer avaiable or not, it seems to me that some have said they have applied, but I have been unable to, so I sent an email to support, the first time they said it was something wrong with my browser, and after trying again said it was not avaiable yet. Could you please clarify.

This is the second email I got.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please note that this option for changing plans is currently not available and this should be available within another 2-3 days.

Regards,

Nuranj

Exetel Pty Ltd

As mentioend before, if you are out of contract then this should apply. Previously it was the case that those in contract could not but we have fixed that now. therefore all current naked adsl2 customers can apply.

However, this may take times for those within contract to apply (I expect C.O.B today or slightly later )

vbap

Post by vbap » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:28 pm

Not including 13 and 1300 numbers is a bit disappointing (optus retail fusion plans include these in the free local calls)
And if indeed "free calls to Optus Mobiles" really means "free calls to exetel optus mobiles" the advertising should be changed to reflect this (doesn't impact me that much but for some it could be make or break).

Michel

Post by Michel » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:38 pm

paulp wrote:Hi,
As mentioend before, if you are out of contract then this should apply. Previously it was the case that those in contract could not but we have fixed that now. therefore all current naked adsl2 customers can apply.

However, this may take times for those within contract to apply (I expect C.O.B today or slightly later )
I am not on contract.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:42 pm

Michel,

Try again later this evening, it should work then(I assuming but of course, that you are a current naked asdl2 customer).

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:48 pm

vbap wrote: 1)Not including 13 and 1300 numbers is a bit disappointing (optus retail fusion plans include these in the free local calls)
2)And if indeed "free calls to Optus Mobiles" really means "free calls to exetel optus mobiles" the advertising should be changed to reflect this (doesn't impact me that much but for some it could be make or break).
1) Optus fusion plans cost how much?

2) FCS. Yes I'm sure you're right.

3) Exetel don't do any advertising.

wood888

Post by wood888 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:11 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: 3) Exetel don't do any advertising.
From there email which would be considered a form of advertising:
"2. Including free PSTN calls to local and national wire line numbers and calls to Optus mobiles at no charge (subject to AUP)."

Also just a few questions:
1) Are they going to be any plans for low end users that dont use 200GB of data? Say 100GB, 50GB or 10GB
2) If you ported your number to VOIP can you port it back to PSTN and still keep you Voip number? So your PSTN and VOIP number are the same.
3) Ive been reading through and some post contradict some other ones, is the $3.00 admin fee included in the price or is that an extra?
4) Are the free calls only from the VOIP or PSTN or both?

Cheers

Michel

Post by Michel » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:42 am

paulp wrote:Michel,

Try again later this evening, it should work then(I assuming but of course, that you are a current naked asdl2 customer).
I tried just tried again, but same error message after I press apply - You cannot view details.

Yes I am on naked plan - Plan Type: Z/23NOTEL
and out of contract - Initial Contract End Date: 2010-09-16

simonb69

Post by simonb69 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:05 am

There is currently no value for me in taking up one of these new plans.

I currently pay $53 for my naked service (I have never gone close to exceeding my 30 gig) and $19.99 for a TPG capped mobile plan which gives me $300 credit per month.

If I was going to change it would have to be for the OCV - 200/35 plan which would leave me out of pocket $7 with a shit load of unused downloads and mobile credit.

The big numbers are impressive but not what I'm looking for.

Give me a service I can tweak for improved latency and I would happily pay more.

Regards,
Simon

chrisphillips73

Post by chrisphillips73 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:38 am

From - Exetel January 2011 Customer News Letter received by me 3 hours ago.

"If you do not change your current Exetel plan (...) you may continue to remain on your current ADSL plan but, from 1st February 2011, the monthly charge will increase by $10.00 per month for each 'old plan'."

Classic carrot and stick! Oh well - times must be tough for exetel.

This 'offer' to transfer off naked ADSL just become more attractive to me... :-)

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:49 am

satyr wrote:I still didn't get a reply to my question.

If we choose not to take up these new plans, will we eventually be forced off our current naked plans and put onto one of these plans? Am currently on NF/21NoTel and don't wish to change to any PSTN plans.

Thank you.
No.

sleeping247

Post by sleeping247 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:07 am

chrisphillips73 wrote:From - Exetel January 2011 Customer News Letter received by me 3 hours ago.

"If you do not change your current Exetel plan (...) you may continue to remain on your current ADSL plan but, from 1st February 2011, the monthly charge will increase by $10.00 per month for each 'old plan'."

Classic carrot and stick! Oh well - times must be tough for exetel.

This 'offer' to transfer off naked ADSL just become more attractive to me... :-)
I'm confused by the newsletter and the email received a few days ago advising us of the OCV plans.
I was under the impression that current naked users had the option of taking up the "special offer" OCV plans or remaining on their current plans, if the new OCV plans didn't suit their needs. The newsletter seems to force us onto these plans by imposing an additional $10 charge if we choose to remain on the current ON plans beyond February.

Back in July 2010, Exetel threatened to disconnect my service had I not moved off my NF/NO TEL plans and onto a ON plan. I'm still quite bitter about this, and to add insult to injury, I had to pay the $10 plan change fee when I didn't even want a plan change! Then a few months down the track, you tacked on a $3 admin charge. What really gets me is how some users in this very thread post that they are still on the NF/NO TEL plans, so why on earth was I forced off and others werent?

Granted the $10 plan change fee does not apply in this instance, but it's quite frustrating having to change plans every few months.

Can you please offer some clarification to ease my confusion?

sleeping247

Post by sleeping247 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:11 am

Also, I posted this a couple of days ago and don't remember seeing a reply.
Apologies if I've missed it.
sleeping247 wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
sujd wrote:Does the $3 admin/account fee apply to these new plans ?
No.
Does this include users who opt to pay using credit card, or will there be an additional fee?

Secondly, will your statement remain true for at least the duration of the new contract?